Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chery Eastar
Autoworld Forum > Car Owners' Craze > China makes now in Malaysia > Chery
kenntan
Hi.good day to you.
I would like to find out the 2nd and 3rd row of blower, is it strong enough to blow the cool air at the hot temperature for 2nd and 3rd row?
TQ
ntc2000
3rd row got blower?
ntc2000
eastar 2.0 acteco engine will be available ard march...

around 72k++, 3rd generation eastar, all small-small defect solved and rumours said come together with air master bodykit.
radenumar
Please visit http://cheryeastarclub.blogsopt.com and http://cheryeastarclub.forumotion.com
TheGunner
The Eastar 2.4 has now been replaced with a new 2.0 version. Our story here: Chery Eastar now with 2.0-litre variant
lowpro
previously i used to think that the eastar sold well because it had an auto gearbox and also a mitsubishi engine. wonder how new potential buyers will react to the use of the acteco engine now. and response on this?
vr2turbo
QUOTE (lowpro @ May 14 2010, 08:19 AM) *
previously i used to think that the eastar sold well because it had an auto gearbox and also a mitsubishi engine. wonder how new potential buyers will react to the use of the acteco engine now. and response on this?

Warranty for the engine is 5 years or 300k km...... smile_tongue.gif
michaelk
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 1 2010, 10:19 AM) *
Warranty for the engine is 5 years or 300k km...... smile_tongue.gif

they will tie you down for 5 long years lo...with the limited SC hmm..might be a problem. smile_approve.gif
vr2turbo
QUOTE (michaelk @ Jun 1 2010, 02:39 PM) *
they will tie you down for 5 long years lo...with the limited SC hmm..might be a problem. smile_approve.gif

First afraid their engine no good and break down early. Now they give 5 years warranty, you afraid get tie down.... smile_tongue.gif
michaelk
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 1 2010, 04:31 PM) *
First afraid their engine no good and break down early. Now they give 5 years warranty, you afraid get tie down.... smile_tongue.gif

5 years doesnt mean d engine wont break down before d term expires. does it give u extra benefit w such a long coverage? knowing our SC here, even w reputable brand u wont probably get anything in return even if u make a complaint or claim. we hv heard of high service charges, long Q at SC etc etc during d warranty period. even 3 yrs 4 me is considered long enough..the total expenditure for that 3 yrs in SC might hv negated whatever promises they give u.
vr2turbo
QUOTE (michaelk @ Jun 1 2010, 05:01 PM) *
5 years doesnt mean d engine wont break down before d term expires. does it give u extra benefit w such a long coverage? knowing our SC here, even w reputable brand u wont probably get anything in return even if u make a complaint or claim. we hv heard of high service charges, long Q at SC etc etc during d warranty period. even 3 yrs 4 me is considered long enough..the total expenditure for that 3 yrs in SC might hv negated whatever promises they give u.

If dare then bite the bullet and service outside. I did for my 1st generation Civic. Never went back even for a single service.... smile_wink.gif
ntc2000
QUOTE (michaelk @ Jun 1 2010, 05:01 PM) *
we hv heard of high service charges, long Q at SC etc etc during d warranty period.

u own a CE?? from wat i know their spare part is not expensive... and their SC is quite good woh...
vr2turbo
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Jun 4 2010, 03:34 PM) *
u own a CE?? from wat i know their spare part is not expensive... and their SC is quite good woh...

Tested the Eastar, but finally bought a Tiggo for my wife....... smile_thumbup.gif
She actually prefers the Tiggo and have quite a good shape.
The Eastar we tried had vibration on accelerator pedal. We tried the 2nd test unit and had same problem.... smile_dead.gif
errierext
used to be one of the shortlisted 'candidate' before... but after test drive and looking at the finishing especially interior... i have to drop this model.. totally cant accept the condition... with that price range it is better to go for exora with better quality...

look at this picture...
http://www.autoworld.com.my/emzine/vimage/...amp;T=undefined

it is not only pre-production... the mass production also like tis... 70k for this?? oh noo....
mosh
i saw some cherry sedan looks like a nissan sentra in jln ampang show room.. i wonder which model izzit eh ?
ntc2000
u mean chery A5 ah?

very long time alr woh
vr2turbo
QUOTE (errierext @ Sep 17 2010, 03:26 PM) *
used to be one of the shortlisted 'candidate' before... but after test drive and looking at the finishing especially interior... i have to drop this model.. totally cant accept the condition... with that price range it is better to go for exora with better quality...

look at this picture...
http://www.autoworld.com.my/emzine/vimage/...amp;T=undefined

it is not only pre-production... the mass production also like tis... 70k for this?? oh noo....

Exora better built? I don't think so....... smile_tongue.gif
ntc2000
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 21 2010, 04:03 PM) *
Exora better built? I don't think so....... smile_tongue.gif

ini macam boh sui liao... i plan for exora CFE ler....

may be later end up with walan... kekekeke
vios2000
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 16 2010, 09:05 PM) *
Tested the Eastar, but finally bought a Tiggo for my wife....... smile_thumbup.gif
She actually prefers the Tiggo and have quite a good shape.
The Eastar we tried had vibration on accelerator pedal. We tried the 2nd test unit and had same problem.... smile_dead.gif

Bro vr2turbo,

Care to share your feeling with the Tiggo you bought? btw, what is acteco engine???which varible valve timing also?
vr2turbo
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Sep 24 2010, 03:32 PM) *
Bro vr2turbo,

Care to share your feeling with the Tiggo you bought? btw, what is acteco engine???which varible valve timing also?

So far so good. The Acteco engine is designed by an Austrian, but built by Chery in China. Seems the Fiat cars in China uses the engine. Chery have already exported this engine too. Was in Paris Dakar rally and they finished the race.

The 2.0 engine develop same power as the 2.4 Mitsu engine

The only problem I have with the Tiggo is the vibration sound, when turning the steering left when stationary. Seems common fault as all Tiggos have it. Awaiting Chery China to find out solution, but seems it is due to the fatter 235 tyres they are using. The same unit is in the Eastar but no problem.

Ask my mechanic and he mentioned maybe the power steering hose is too narrow and oil pump is not enough....

In motion there is no sound....... smile_tongue.gif
Tourist
I test drove the Eastar. Hopeless steering is the word. Zero feedback of the road so you don't know which way is the steering pointing towards.
ntc2000
QUOTE (Tourist @ Sep 27 2010, 11:07 PM) *
I test drove the Eastar. Hopeless steering is the word. Zero feedback of the road so you don't know which way is the steering pointing towards.

cause by power steering also?
Tourist
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Sep 28 2010, 12:09 AM) *
cause by power steering also?

Overly powerful assisted power steering so you get zero road feed back. Without sufficient road feedback, you don't know which way is the front wheel pointing towards.
cavaliars
drove my frens easter 2.4 last weeek.
a bit of town drive then all the way back from kuantan to kl.
pretty comfortable on highway coz his ride already change to 16inch rims with wider tyre.

handling wise on highway is ok.but in corners have to be careful a bit.its a mini mpv anyway.sure it dont handle like sedan.
power wise,the 2.4 engine deliver sufficient power,plus its 4 person in the car with full luggage.
FC wise i found out not really bad.pump in full tank,if not mistaken around rm110.drive constantly 110-130kmh all the way to kl,the petrol gauge still slighty above 3 quarter.not bad fc on highway.
vr2turbo
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Oct 14 2010, 02:19 AM) *
drove my frens easter 2.4 last weeek.
a bit of town drive then all the way back from kuantan to kl.
pretty comfortable on highway coz his ride already change to 16inch rims with wider tyre.

handling wise on highway is ok.but in corners have to be careful a bit.its a mini mpv anyway.sure it dont handle like sedan.
power wise,the 2.4 engine deliver sufficient power,plus its 4 person in the car with full luggage.
FC wise i found out not really bad.pump in full tank,if not mistaken around rm110.drive constantly 110-130kmh all the way to kl,the petrol gauge still slighty above 3 quarter.not bad fc on highway.

The new model is with the China Acteco engine 2.0, but power is same as Mitsu 2.4 and already have 16" as standard
Tourist
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Oct 14 2010, 02:19 AM) *

Hard to tell. For example, I know of a car whereby the 1st quarter tank gives you 200km. The other three quarter tank gives you 100km only. The only way to know for sure is go refill her up and see how much petrol goes in to make it full again.
vr2turbo
QUOTE (Tourist @ Oct 19 2010, 01:16 PM) *
Hard to tell. For example, I know of a car whereby the 1st quarter tank gives you 200km. The other three quarter tank gives you 100km only. The only way to know for sure is go refill her up and see how much petrol goes in to make it full again.

If the Eastar have same tank as the Tiggo, then yes. 1st quarter takes a long time to come down. After halfway mark, you can see it drop.... smile_blackeye.gif
ahk
so far how is the eastar's durability? maintenance cost high?
Abin
Hmmm... was in beijing recently and I did not come across any of the Chery models there.
even their taxis are not China made.. it's Hyundai Elantra.

Wonder why? smile_question.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.