Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

[confirmed] 2012 Toyota Camry Powertrain

• Please log in to reply

J2EE

Posted 06 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

J2EE

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
QUOTE (kinboon @ Oct 27 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, how much discount you get? Am considering to get if the price is good.

RM2,000
Gray hairs are signs of wisdom if you hold your tongue, speak and they are but hairs, as in the young - Philo

survivor

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

survivor

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
QUOTE (simpanbuku @ Oct 21 2010, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
P/S For us who's a bit impatient, please take a peek at the PRESENT LEXUS marque. (I won't tell you which variant - don't want to spoil the suspense)

- 2012 Toyota Camry : Worth a wait -

Hi simpanbuku,

Since you mentioned that the 2012 Camry will be somewhat similar to the present Lexus marque. I looked at all Lexus sedan offerings currently and they look quite normal. Can I conclude that beside the new powertrain, 2012 Camry exterior design is still pretty much out dated?

simonlim

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (survivor @ Nov 8 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi simpanbuku,

Since you mentioned that the 2012 Camry will be somewhat similar to the present Lexus marque. I looked at all Lexus sedan offerings currently and they look quite normal. Can I conclude that beside the new powertrain, 2012 Camry exterior design is still pretty much out dated?

in my opinion, i dont think toyota's designs are outdated, it's just that they are a little conservative and their designs actually last longer than its rivals. for example, i personally felt honda's designs are mix and match where i find a bit out of proportion as a whole sometimes ..for instance, the current accord, i found boring looking at it after about a few months since its launch. it is not as elegant as the camry and definitely i still look at a camry more nowadays. but this is just my own opinion, i never ask people to have the same view as me. after all, big saloons should be more elegant looking right? smile_approve.gif
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

junyih6699

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:32 PM

junyih6699

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 819 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Nov 9 2010, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in my opinion, i dont think toyota's designs are outdated, it's just that they are a little conservative and their designs actually last longer than its rivals. for example, i personally felt honda's designs are mix and match where i find a bit out of proportion as a whole sometimes ..for instance, the current accord, i found boring looking at it after about a few months since its launch. it is not as elegant as the camry and definitely i still look at a camry more nowadays. but this is just my own opinion, i never ask people to have the same view as me. after all, big saloons should be more elegant looking right? smile_approve.gif

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif
Especially when the current camry is in pearl white with aerokit + tinted black color

Tourist

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (survivor @ Nov 8 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi simpanbuku,

I called the ancient Greek Roman architecture, "Classical".
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

simpanbuku

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

simpanbuku

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Can't fit my imagination

simonlim

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:14 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (simpanbuku @ Nov 11 2010, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't fit my imagination

this is the avensis right ? or also the camry 2012 for msia? cant fit mine too smile_disapprove.gif
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

swinee

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:49 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Nov 12 2010, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this is the avensis right ? or also the camry 2012 for msia? cant fit mine too smile_disapprove.gif

imps..avensis only available in LHD...
imps to be the replacement of camry..
and no way, avensis quality and build is by far better..and the cost also higher than camry..
noway i would say reaching here to be converted to RHD and to replace camry smile_blush.gif

snowy4ever

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:18 PM

snowy4ever

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
Hi all, I am new here and I am lost. I know it's off-topic. I am looking for the thread discussing about the CURRENT camry 2.0E/2.0G/2.4V only and specifically. Which thread should i refer to? Thanks so much if any of u can offer some help.. wink.gif

simpanbuku

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:02 PM

simpanbuku

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Some of UMW Toyota vendors / OEM already received documents regarding Camry 2012 models.

Its only mean thet there will be proposed "mule" runiing around the country pretty SOON.