Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Battery Desulfator And Battery Charger

• Please log in to reply

unf0rgiven

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

unf0rgiven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Dec 7 2011, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No diff in battery life nor driving. That money better spend for ron97. U get more punch!

Hmm...

More unsatisfied customer. Rethinking about buying this unit.

Agree with you on Ron 97. Damn addictive...

numec

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:12 PM

numec

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Dec 7 2011, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I owned 2 units. No diff.

Wow..thx for sharin! Haha

xeyone

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:43 PM

xeyone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I want to provide testimonies on the desulphator. Used for 2 years and tried on 3 batteries.

Battery 1 Wet:Already 2 years old when tried. Battery died 6 months later. So, desulphator does not extend life of an old battery.
Battery 2 MF:Already 2 years old when tried. Battery died 3 months later. So, desulphator does not extend life of an old battery.
Battery 3 MF:Already 2 year old when tried. Battery died 18 months later. Previous battery on this car also lasted 3 years. So, desulphator does not extend life of an old battery.
Battery 4 Wet:Tried since day 1.Age of battery as of today is 2 years 6 months. Previous battery died after 2 years 6 months. Car is already hard to start now. Even if this battery can last for 3 years 6 months, I still don't think desulphator has a big contribution.

So, I think this is a scam.

behcw

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
My unit in the thp was toasted, now no longer working. I think the battery last longer than it ...
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

kenso

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:03 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (numec @ Dec 7 2011, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
N how is ur exp with the desulfator bro kenso? Thx for sharing

Well, when I had the car, I felt there is a difference in terms of power and acceleration (probably the same effect as a voltage stabiliser). However, recently, a fellow forumer had to change her battery despite installing the desulfator since day 1. The battery was earlier claimed from BB Glenmarie as a new unit and lasted only slightly over a year so I have to revise my opinion about the desulfator. Does not seem to work based on what it claims .... so now use it like a VS lor.

numec

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

numec

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Dec 14 2011, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, when I had the car, I felt there is a difference in terms of power and acceleration (probably the same effect as a voltage stabiliser). However, recently, a fellow forumer had to change her battery despite installing the desulfator since day 1. The battery was earlier claimed from BB Glenmarie as a new unit and lasted only slightly over a year so I have to revise my opinion about the desulfator. Does not seem to work based on what it claims .... so now use it like a VS lor.

oo..thx..in that case, i hold my horses then..stick to ori while warranty last..wana make a record..batt for 30mths lasts..haha..

infinitum8

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

infinitum8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
QUOTE (xeyone @ Dec 13 2011, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want to provide testimonies on the desulphator. Used for 2 years and tried on 3 batteries.

Battery 1 Wet:Already 2 years old when tried. Battery died 6 months later. So, desulphator does not extend life of an old battery.
Battery 2 MF:Already 2 years old when tried. Battery died 3 months later. So, desulphator does not extend life of an old battery.
Battery 3 MF:Already 2 year old when tried. Battery died 18 months later. Previous battery on this car also lasted 3 years. So, desulphator does not extend life of an old battery.
Battery 4 Wet:Tried since day 1.Age of battery as of today is 2 years 6 months. Previous battery died after 2 years 6 months. Car is already hard to start now. Even if this battery can last for 3 years 6 months, I still don't think desulphator has a big contribution.

So, I think this is a scam.

xeyone,

This reply comes really late as we've been away from this forum for some time and we deeply apologise for that delay. We do respond to all emails within 1 business day. We appreciate your feedback and would give you a full refund in this case due to our late response. We are willing to do so as we are standing by our brand and technology. Simply email us at info@infinitumstore.com for more information.

Our desulfator is designed to remove and prevent sulfation which affects 84% of premature battery failure. All automotive batteries do eventually expire. What our desulfator does is to remove the destructive accumulation of sulfation and thereby optimising its life span. The other 16% of premature battery failure is caused by other reasons like:

• Lack of care: (for wet cell batteries). Lead plates that are exposed to the air for long periods of time will damage the battery severely
  • Natural wear & tear: old age, separators between plates decay, plate connectors corrode, etc.
  • Natural ageing: Actual battery age is from date of manufacture not purchase. Some stores may keep batteries for months before it is sold
  • Self-discharge: leaving the battery in a state of discharge for weeks and months at a time and doing so repeatedly
  • Etc.

CONCLUSION #1:

• Desulfation technology certainly works to maximize batter life span by removing sulfation. But it doesn't fix other issues that cause premature battery failure.
  • Is it still a worthwhile investment? Certainly! Because sulfation is the biggest cause to premature battery failure.

Car usage (desulfation) to discharge ratio (sulfation)
The Infinitum desulfator was designed with an auto shut-off feature to prevent unnecessary battery power drain (The power usage is at a low 0.1W). The auto shut off feature kicks in at about 12.5V for the 12V model. All 12V car batteries are charged at 13 to 14V and will rest at 12V when not charged. New batteries will tend to hold its voltage above 12.5V longer than older batteries, which is perfectly normal. If a car though installed with a desulfator is not driven frequently (driven every other day or more) and if the battery is aged, the voltage will fall below 12.5V and the desulfator will shut off. So there is a possibility in such a case, that the battery sulfates more than the desulfator has time to remove the sulfate formation. In our hot tropical climate in Malaysia, batteries above 25 Celsius will double in its rate of self-discharge with every 10 degrees Celsius (18F).

CONCLUSION #2:

• Its insufficient to install our desulfators if the car is not being driven regularly or externally charged with a charger.
  • If you are planning not to use your car for a few days and living in a hot climate, parking in a cool and shaded area will help as well as to keep the batteries charged with an external charger. Parking in a cool shaded area will reduce the speed of sulfation while charging the batteries will keep the desulfator working as well as to stop sulfation altogether.

INFINITUM STORE
The best in battery life span optimization
Website | FaceBook | YouTube

abz2000

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:51 AM

abz2000

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Guys, i received a 12v green lettering infinifum which i purchased on ebay, i put the batteries on charge and attached the desulfator to one of the batteries and it wasn't apparent that anything was happening other than the green indicator led showing that the voltage on one of the battery was above 12v or whatever threshold is set, later in the evening i put a multimeter on the end of the joints and for around 10-20 minutes watched the voltage continue to slowly rise on all the batteries as normal when charging but saw no voltage spikes whatsoever on the one with the desufator attached.

How is it possible that anything is happening with this desulfator when there are no voltage spikes over the course of at least ten minutes?
Please advise,

Abz

vr2turbo

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:51 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,434 posts

When my battery is aged like 2 years and failing but if driven everyday and being charged back if will work fine for at least another half year or so. However if the car is not driven daily it fails faster because there is no charge going in. I don't see any difference from what is said in the conclusions..... :o

Orance

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

Orance

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts

Thanks for you sharing. The more that I know about battery charger is 300w power inverter from bestek. Now I have acquired how to use this inverter to charge camera battery when travelling around the city. Maybe you want to catch more details about this battery charger, you can search bestekmall on Google. Wish this advice is helpful to you.