Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2011 Hyundai Sonata I45 - Personal Review

• Please log in to reply

kksonata

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:58 AM

kksonata

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
hi all junior and senior sonatarians,

been busy with work lately and CNY celebration.. went back to KK for CNY and tried to spot any sonata yf there but too bad didnt see the glimpse of it... i wonder where did weewee79 hide his new babe in KK?? smile_big.gif saw some Tucson though, maybe KK people prefer 4x4 over a sedan..
anyway, it has been a month having our black beauty..already clocked almost 1800km and have done 1000 service in Puchong.. change the motor oil to fully synthetic ( Shell brand).. humming sound is there..tyre noise is tolerable..ticking sound from the gearbox also heard..and everytime u brake a little harder..the sound is slightly more obvious.. other than that.....hmmmm... oh yes! radio receiption is so so only.. any idea how to improve it? wonder where the antena is...however its a small matter cos most of the time we listen to CD or thumbdrive..
Sierra Glow is SUPERB.. it makes car washing chore a non-stressful affair (even if you do it on daily basis).. thanks to Ricprom who recommended it to all the sonata drivers here! other than these.. not much to comment on..
oh yeah..am getting used to the 'stares and head-turning' episodes by now.. smile_big.gif smile_thumbup.gif
cheers!

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking - JC Watts

garysak1

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:48 PM

garysak1

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (kksonata @ Feb 17 2011, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all junior and senior sonatarians,

been busy with work lately and CNY celebration.. went back to KK for CNY and tried to spot any sonata yf there but too bad didnt see the glimpse of it... i wonder where did weewee79 hide his new babe in KK?? smile_big.gif saw some Tucson though, maybe KK people prefer 4x4 over a sedan..
anyway, it has been a month having our black beauty..already clocked almost 1800km and have done 1000 service in Puchong.. change the motor oil to fully synthetic ( Shell brand).. humming sound is there..tyre noise is tolerable..ticking sound from the gearbox also heard..and everytime u brake a little harder..the sound is slightly more obvious.. other than that.....hmmmm... oh yes! radio receiption is so so only.. any idea how to improve it? wonder where the antena is...however its a small matter cos most of the time we listen to CD or thumbdrive..
Sierra Glow is SUPERB.. it makes car washing chore a non-stressful affair (even if you do it on daily basis).. thanks to Ricprom who recommended it to all the sonata drivers here! other than these.. not much to comment on..
oh yeah..am getting used to the 'stares and head-turning' episodes by now.. smile_big.gif smile_thumbup.gif
cheers!

Really? I went to KK also on CNY. Im from Sandakan. But I saw at least 4-5 units when i was on the road..smile.gif

ricprom

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:04 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
Hi Sonata YF owners and soon to be owners :

Just took some time to update on the ride :

1. Have clocked almost 15K and the car is running smooth without any problems. Consumption is still good in the region of 10.5-11.2l/100km for only city drive. I was getting 8.0-9.5l/100km for mix drive and 7-7.8l/100km for highway drive.
2. Currently, experimenting the sound proofing with Adrian car and checking on his feedback. Looks like my car is going to be in the shop for the same treatment to cut out the tyre sound and reduce the engine noise thats is coming into the cabin. I think we are ###### for quiet cabin......... as I've mentioned to Adrian that sound proofing will be the cheaper mode to go to cut out the tyre roar as changing tyre will cost in the region of RM 2k for branded tyres while the sound proofing will set u back in the low RM 1k depending how extreme u go with the sound proofing. Actually the Optimo tyre that comes stock is not too bad in terms of noise and comfort so changing the tyres might not help in resolving the noise from the tyre.
3. So far according to Adrian, the sound proofing has definitely help in reducing the tyre noise and he is happy with it. Infact the cabin is much quiter now and the door close with a more solid thud...
4.I have been on Ron 95 fuel and don't seem to have any problem with it. Infact putting in Ron 97 did not seem to give me the additional advantage for the price difference.
5. Change the main beam with performance bulb from Osram.......and is definitely brighter and can see better at night. Happy to part RM 160 for it and thinking to change the high beam with the same bulb. This is legal with the rated 55W bulb and no blue/white effect that blind other driver.
6. My Sierra glow is working perfectly until now....... still bead like crazy and shine like new. This is definitely one good investment for the car. easy to clean and wash.........
7. I am also sourcing for the chrome door garnish to be install on my ride after seeing Kathy's ride..... looks good and more classy. This is another worthy upgrade.

I am going to arrange another TT session in the month of March as there is more new owners to catch up and share our experiences and look forward to suggestion from u guys on where and when.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

jellybean

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:25 PM

jellybean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Feb 17 2011, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Sonata YF owners and soon to be owners :

Just took some time to update on the ride :

1. Have clocked almost 15K and the car is running smooth without any problems. Consumption is still good in the region of 10.5-11.2l/100km for only city drive. I was getting 8.0-9.5l/100km for mix drive and 7-7.8l/100km for highway drive.
2. Currently, experimenting the sound proofing with Adrian car and checking on his feedback. Looks like my car is going to be in the shop for the same tratment to cut out the tyre sound and reduce the engine noise thats is coming into the cabin. I think we are ###### for quiet cabin......... as I've mentioned to Adrian that sound proofing will be the cheaper mode to go to cut out the tyre roar as changing tyre will cost in the region of RM 2k for branded tyres while the sound proofing will set u back in the low RM 1k depending how extreme u go with the sound proofing. Actually the Optimo tyre that comes stock is not too bad in terms of noise and comfort so changing the tyres might not help in resolving the noise from the tyre.
3. So far according to Adrian, the sound proofing has definitely help in reducing the tyre noise and he is happy with it. Infact the cabin is much quiter now and the door close with a more solid thud...
4.I have been on Ron 95 fuel and don't seem to have any problem with it. Infact putting in Ron 97 did not seem to give me the additional advantage for the price difference.
5. Change the main beam with performance bulb from Osram.......and is definitely brighter and can see better at night. Happy to part RM 160 for it and thinking to change the high beam with the same bulb. This is legal with the rated 55W bulb and no blue/white effect that blind other driver.
6. My Sierra glow is working perfectly until now....... still bead like crazy and shine like new. This is definitely one good investment for the car. easy to clean and wash.........
7. I am also sourcing for the chrome door garnish to be install on my ride after seeing Kathy's ride..... looks good and more classy. This is another worthy upgrade.

I am going to arrange another TT session in the month of March as there is more new owners to catch up and share our experiences and look forward to suggestion from u guys on where and when.

do it in penang la biggrin.gif come come. Hahaha..

kksonata

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:02 PM

kksonata

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
QUOTE (garysak1 @ Feb 17 2011, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? I went to KK also on CNY. Im from Sandakan. But I saw at least 4-5 units when i was on the road..smile.gif

hi garysak1,
nice meeting another fellow sabahan here.. u were lucky indeed to have seen some sonatas there..really strange cos we didnt any.. maybe wrong timing ha! smile_wink.gif
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking - JC Watts

ktf

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:01 AM

ktf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (jellybean @ Feb 17 2011, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
do it in penang la biggrin.gif come come. Hahaha..

Hi....I'm happy to join the TT in next month and for me totally new TT in Sonata and before get my sonata I'm joining TT for Kia forte and until now. Hopefully can sharing some experience with your all how to become more active and form a "MY Sonata"Club".

trijuta

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Feb 17 2011, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif Count me in! already miss 1x on 2nd TT..

shah1661

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

shah1661

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
care to explained how u guys (adrian & ricprom) did your soundproof to your sonata? which part of car need to be soundproofed smile_question.gif

garysak1

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

garysak1

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
hi dear all Sonatarians,

i have finally found a local Sonata bodykit seller that sells its body kit(front lip, side skirts), rear spoiler and the upper glass wing spoiler. Anyone interested? The total i can get for all is around RM1500 including paint but not inclusive postage. If anyone interested pls pm me. I will ask better price if we have more buyers. Please refer to the photos here. The material will be full ABS and the spoiler n glass wing would be fibre.I have been sourcing this locally since few weeks ago. Anyone got others please advise too. I am now still asking the price individually and will be posted later. Thks!

Hyundai_Sonata_YF_Front_Bumper_Skirt_With_Side_Skirt.JPG
Hyundai_Sonata_YF_Front_Bumper_Skirt.JPG
Hyundai_Sonata_YF_Rear_Spoiler.JPG

ktf

Posted 19 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

ktf

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
QUOTE (garysak1 @ Feb 18 2011, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi dear all Sonatarians,

i have finally found a local Sonata bodykit seller that sells its body kit(front lip, side skirts), rear spoiler and the upper glass wing spoiler. Anyone interested? The total i can get for all is around RM1500 including paint but not inclusive postage. If anyone interested pls pm me. I will ask better price if we have more buyers. Please refer to the photos here. The material will be full ABS and the spoiler n glass wing would be fibre.I have been sourcing this locally since few weeks ago. Anyone got others please advise too. I am now still asking the price individually and will be posted later. Thks!

Hyundai_Sonata_YF_Front_Bumper_Skirt_With_Side_Skirt.JPG
Hyundai_Sonata_YF_Front_Bumper_Skirt.JPG
Hyundai_Sonata_YF_Rear_Spoiler.JPG

It's from Airmaster, I saw some bodykit for sonata YF is from airmaster