> My Proton Iswara Lmst - Fc Teruk, Need help to recommend a good mechanic
barry
post May 5 2010, 09:57 AM
Post #1

Fast & Furious

Group: Members
Member No.: 387

Dear Friends,

I recently bought one second hand unit, LMST model year 2005 from a car dealer. Condition is good, but the big problem is the terrible FC! For a full tank of RM70 (RON95 at RM1.80/litre current price) I get only about 350km with very very gentle driving mostly in town with little or no traffic jams. I believe this model should give around 450km per tankful based on the kind of driving my son (it's for him to drive to college etc).

I have tried everything I know, like replacing the stupid rear exhaust, changing the rims/tyres to 13" 165", and finally getting the carburettor serviced although I am not if the young mechanic did anything serious work on the carb. I have in mind to get rid of this thing although I will suffer a loss of a few thousand, but my son thinks that we should get a good mechanic to fix it up properly, as he prefers to drive a 'normal sized' car as opposed to a Kancil or a Viva etc.

Can anyone here please help me recommend a competent mechanic? Any suggestions please? Btw, I am in PJ area.

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
g88
post May 5 2010, 10:18 AM
Post #2

Duke of Hazzard

Member No.: 2,654

i think u have to retune your carb. Not easy to find an experience tuner for carb. Even proton one they count on modern device.

--------------------

+Quote Post
limking
post May 5 2010, 10:33 AM
Post #3

Tokyo Drifter

Member No.: 76,377

QUOTE (g88 @ May 5 2010, 10:18 AM) *
i think u have to retune your carb. Not easy to find an experience tuner for carb. Even proton one they count on modern device.

Agreed , guess you gonna retune then afterall . Your f/c are really bad . by the way , have you check your fuel filter coz a clogged/dirty one will also cause high f/c ,too .

--------------------
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

+Quote Post
mp420
post May 5 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #4

Fast & Furious

Member No.: 47,666

Many reasons affecting the FC. Engine component not maintain well from previous owner also one of the reason.

--------------------

Cemerlang Gemilang Terbilang dan Terus Hilang

+Quote Post
post May 5 2010, 12:10 PM
Post #5

Advanced

Member No.: 93,687

QUOTE (mp420 @ May 5 2010, 10:43 AM) *
Many reasons affecting the FC. Engine component not maintain well from previous owner also one of the reason.

mayb the previous owner from sepang...go sepang curcuit race....i believe u nd 2 retune back the car lor...cheers..

+Quote Post
ntc2000
post May 5 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #6

Knight Rider

Member No.: 52,217

QUOTE (barry @ May 5 2010, 09:57 AM) *
Dear Friends,

I recently bought one second hand unit, LMST model year 2005 from a car dealer. Condition is good, but the big problem is the terrible FC! For a full tank of RM70 (RON95 at RM1.80/litre current price) I get only about 350km with very very gentle driving mostly in town with little or no traffic jams. I believe this model should give around 450km per tankful based on the kind of driving my son (it's for him to drive to college etc).

I have tried everything I know, like replacing the stupid rear exhaust, changing the rims/tyres to 13" 165", and finally getting the carburettor serviced although I am not if the young mechanic did anything serious work on the carb. I have in mind to get rid of this thing although I will suffer a loss of a few thousand, but my son thinks that we should get a good mechanic to fix it up properly, as he prefers to drive a 'normal sized' car as opposed to a Kancil or a Viva etc.

Can anyone here please help me recommend a competent mechanic? Any suggestions please? Btw, I am in PJ area.

Thank you.

replace exhaust lor... i know paramount PESC know how to fix this shit... a lot people complain for LMST

--------------------

+Quote Post
barry
post May 5 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #7

Fast & Furious

Member No.: 387

Thanks for your advice, friends. Looks like I have to find me a good mechanic to tune up my carb - any recommendations for a good mechanic? I have also changed the stupid noisy useless rear muffler to the standard Iswara one which is much quieter.

+Quote Post
nofear1979
post May 5 2010, 04:32 PM
Post #8

Hot Rod

Member No.: 72,025

QUOTE (barry @ May 5 2010, 02:27 PM) *
Thanks for your advice, friends. Looks like I have to find me a good mechanic to tune up my carb - any recommendations for a good mechanic? I have also changed the stupid noisy useless rear muffler to the standard Iswara one which is much quieter.

noisy and powerless.... good to change it...

--------------------
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

+Quote Post
ntc2000
post May 5 2010, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Knight Rider

Member No.: 52,217

QUOTE (nofear1979 @ May 5 2010, 04:32 PM) *
noisy and powerless.... good to change it...

yalor, i wonder why P1 use that stupid exhaust.... after use 1-2 year, its sound like mile tin... ciplak muffler

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkmfkm
post May 5 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #10

White Lightning

Member No.: 34,314

QUOTE (ntc2000 @ May 5 2010, 09:56 PM) *
yalor, i wonder why P1 use that stupid exhaust.... after use 1-2 year, its sound like mile tin... ciplak muffler

cheap mah...more profit...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version  |  Powered By IP.Board © 2008  IPS, Inc Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 07:25 AM