> Honda City Type Z Sx8 Absorber
pop3
post Apr 21 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Advanced

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,529

Good day,

Can anyone recommend a good replacement absorber for Honda City Type Z SX8? I am thinking to change to Monroe. Anyone knows the price range and buying from where? Any other recommendation? Please state the product name, price and where to buy.

The current situation is very noisy "kok kok kok" sound traveling on uneven surface. Went to the workshop to check the lower arm and ball joint. They jacked up the car to inspect. They said no physical sign of damage of the lower arm and ball joint. When turning, no noisy sound. Only on uneven surface. Therefore, they said the absorber is "kong". Should I change the absorber bush as well?

Thank you in advance?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vr2turbo
post Apr 21 2010, 05:43 PM
Post #2

Forum Ninja

Member No.: 41,856

QUOTE (pop3 @ Apr 21 2010, 03:36 PM) *
Good day,

Can anyone recommend a good replacement absorber for Honda City Type Z SX8? I am thinking to change to Monroe. Anyone knows the price range and buying from where? Any other recommendation? Please state the product name, price and where to buy.

The current situation is very noisy "kok kok kok" sound traveling on uneven surface. Went to the workshop to check the lower arm and ball joint. They jacked up the car to inspect. They said no physical sign of damage of the lower arm and ball joint. When turning, no noisy sound. Only on uneven surface. Therefore, they said the absorber is "kong". Should I change the absorber bush as well?

Thank you in advance?

Try checking with Leon of Quicksave or Sifu Drex of EA Auto, whether they have the dampers for your ride..... smile_wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
YSW
post Apr 26 2010, 09:13 PM
Post #3

Road Warrior

Member No.: 46,591

Good day,

Thank you in advance?

I would suggest that you should check on the Absorber Mounting, too.

+Quote Post
vr2turbo
post Apr 26 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #4

Forum Ninja

QUOTE (YSW @ Apr 26 2010, 09:13 PM) *
I would suggest that you should check on the Absorber Mounting, too.

Especially the front ones....

--------------------

+Quote Post
pop3
post Apr 27 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #5

Advanced

I went to spare part shop to make inquiry. They asked me to check the front mounting bearing also. There is a bearing in the mounting. RM 60 each. Original shock front RM 160 per pc, rear RM 170 per pc. Front mounting RM 60 per pc.

+Quote Post
vr2turbo
post Apr 28 2010, 10:23 AM
Post #6

Forum Ninja

QUOTE (pop3 @ Apr 27 2010, 11:15 PM) *
I went to spare part shop to make inquiry. They asked me to check the front mounting bearing also. There is a bearing in the mounting. RM 60 each. Original shock front RM 160 per pc, rear RM 170 per pc. Front mounting RM 60 per pc.

Normally the front shocks should be more expensive..... smile_wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
cameroul
post May 3 2010, 02:45 PM
Post #7

1st Gear

Member No.: 94,462

Good day,

Thank you in advance?

Maaf mencelah sket, saya ada pakai Honda SM4 1991, keta ni saya baru buat cat `in & out' masalahnya lining cermin belakang dah rosak masa buka ari tu. Dah puas saya cuba dapatkan ganti, tapi sampai sekarang lum dapat lagi. kalau ada sesiapa yang boleh dapatkan minta tolong sms saya 0125281064, kalau bleh nak tau arganya sekali. Pakat tolong reramai ya.

+Quote Post
pop3
post May 5 2010, 12:59 AM
Post #8

Advanced

QUOTE (cameroul @ May 3 2010, 02:45 PM) *
Maaf mencelah sket, saya ada pakai Honda SM4 1991, keta ni saya baru buat cat `in & out' masalahnya lining cermin belakang dah rosak masa buka ari tu. Dah puas saya cuba dapatkan ganti, tapi sampai sekarang lum dapat lagi. kalau ada sesiapa yang boleh dapatkan minta tolong sms saya 0125281064, kalau bleh nak tau arganya sekali. Pakat tolong reramai ya.

Please try this webpage http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3217...wall&ref=ss or http://kirie-auto.blogspot.com/search/label/Rubber%20Seal

Found these 2 webapges are very useful for City drivers.

+Quote Post
vr2turbo
post May 5 2010, 11:09 AM
Post #9

Forum Ninja

QUOTE (pop3 @ May 5 2010, 12:59 AM) *
Please try this webpage http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3217...wall&ref=ss or http://kirie-auto.blogspot.com/search/label/Rubber%20Seal

Found these 2 webapges are very useful for City drivers.

His SM4 is Honda Accord from 1990 to 1993

--------------------

+Quote Post
pop3
post May 5 2010, 11:27 PM
Post #10

Advanced

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 5 2010, 11:09 AM) *
His SM4 is Honda Accord from 1990 to 1993

pai say pai say...... blink.gif wacko.gif wub.gif wub.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version  |  Powered By IP.Board © 2008  IPS, Inc Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 10:02 PM