Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

The Famous Sport & Snow Light Blinking Problem!

• Please log in to reply

CYC

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

CYC

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
QUOTE (scifu @ Mar 11 2010, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi CYC,

1. Pressure regulation fault - if this unit broke, it must be a fault CODE in the computer Diagnose report. Is it? But i will take note of this as if i repalce the ATF, still got the same problem. EVM sensor - noted.

2. Will consider if the problem arise again. Gear Knob sort of cable - noted.

Haa.. rite, this is what happen to my lion (engine die off during cold start and low speed). Thats why BB and kauntan SC repalce the idle stepper motor (twice already). Becoz it appear in the computer diagnose report stated "idle stepper motor permanent fault".

Tq CYC..

Scifu,

It won show Pressure Regulation Fault during Diagnose, unless u drive ur car to diagnose when both lights are in blinking mode.

The Low speed die off might also happened when the ignition valve miss firing or the connector of Stepper motor rusted.

scifu

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

scifu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (CYC @ Mar 11 2010, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Scifu,

It won show Pressure Regulation Fault during Diagnose, unless u drive ur car to diagnose when both lights are in blinking mode.

The Low speed die off might also happened when the ignition valve miss firing or the connector of Stepper motor rusted.

CYC,

hmm.. this is getting deeper into my lion belly...

For the Pressure Regulation Fault - i will send may car to VOLCARE, very near to my office in a limp mode (cold start and heated below 70 temp) if 90 celcius the back to 90 below, chance are higher that it will be ok (no blinking s&* thingy).

I will also check the Stepper Motor Connector.

Tq.

Andy214

Posted 11 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (scifu @ Mar 11 2010, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup andy.. there is no "Automatic Gear Fault" on my MFD. Just the S &* mode bling2... c/w the audible sound...

Thank you Andy for the AL4 knowledge... smile_thumbup.gif you are totaly superb!!! I will change the ATF next week...

You can ask them check first before opting for the ATF change. It's not confirm it's the ATF, plus since the diagnosis machine hae registered the fault, you might want them to check properly first.

Also, as you posted in AL4 thread, few have replied; Do check on the solenoids or actuators, if confirmed it's the solenoids, remember they need to update the ecu for the new solenoids.

There's no dipstick for Al4, thus it is hard to check/tell the ATF condition/level.
Besides, did your sport and snow mode blinks during cold start or cold engine temperature? Try to take note when it happens, what's the condition, etc.

QUOTE (scifu @ Mar 11 2010, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and he got a pretty hot RED lion too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile_tongue.gif

There's one more even more pretty and fierce one... that's the really hot one...

aberon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

aberon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (scifu @ Mar 11 2010, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi CYC,

1. Pressure regulation fault - if this unit broke, it must be a fault CODE in the computer Diagnose report. Is it? But i will take note of this as if i repalce the ATF, still got the same problem. EVM sensor - noted.

2. Will consider if the problem arise again. Gear Knob sort of cable - noted.

Haa.. rite, this is what happen to my lion (engine die off during cold start and low speed). Thats why BB and kauntan SC repalce the idle stepper motor (twice already). Becoz it appear in the computer diagnose report stated "idle stepper motor permanent fault".

Tq CYC..

Hi SCIFU,

Has your problem been solved? Please update.

Thanks,