Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vios 1st Gen Facelift 2006

• Please log in to reply

jeff83

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:57 AM

jeff83

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
My vios is 2006 facelift, recently just after 100k, found out some problem about engine crank start,
when engine is switch off at the engine still hot temperature, interval like 10 mins, start again, NO PROBLEM.

when cold start, NO PROBLEM,
but if driving for 30 min and above then off the engine for 1 or 2 hours (for lunch), it will need 2 time of crank just can fire the engine!

i didn't do any modification on my car at all

below is what the latest major service i done recently and the return to the workshop for the complaint service.

BUT TOYOTA STILL DIDN'T FIX MY CRANK START PROBLEM!
what is the problem , pls help

alldisc

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:05 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
in my opinion, a car with 100K on its odometer has a lot of wear and tear. this is what i am thinking...

1. service all injectors
2. service all sensors
3. service starter motor
4. inspect inhibitor switch (neutral start switch at auto gearbox to prevent starting in D or R)

jeff83

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

jeff83

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Mar 9 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
in my opinion, a car with 100K on its odometer has a lot of wear and tear. this is what i am thinking...

1. service all injectors
I also suspect that, but seem service injector is not in the list of toyota service and maintainance guildline

2. service all sensors
From the invoice above , i believe they have check the sensor already right?

3. service starter motor
From the cold start with no problem at all, i don't think is starter motor problem

4. inspect inhibitor switch (neutral start switch at auto gearbox to prevent starting in D or R)
I confirm i didn't start at D or R only P.

azbro

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:13 AM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
QUOTE (jeff83 @ Mar 8 2010, 01:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My vios is 2006 facelift, recently just after 100k, found out some problem about engine crank start,
when engine is switch off at the engine still hot temperature, interval like 10 mins, start again, NO PROBLEM.

when cold start, NO PROBLEM,
but if driving for 30 min and above then off the engine for 1 or 2 hours (for lunch), it will need 2 time of crank just can fire the engine!

BUT TOYOTA STILL DIDN'T FIX MY CRANK START PROBLEM!
what is the problem , pls help

Just some questions:

1. You said need 2 starts....was the first one totally empty, or still cranking but fail to start? It could be the relay for the starter.
Any car wiring shop can change that for you.
2. From your Service Invoice seems like you did it at the Mutiara Toyota SC infront of Giant Plentong....those guys only know how to service only, same as Saksama Toyota SC in Tmn Shahbandar or other dealers. I really dunno why Toyota is not really controlling these Subcontrators very well.
I would recommend you to make an appointment with the main UMWSC at Larkin as over there they have more experience in such problems. But make sure you got time in your hands. Registration takes half and hour....and even taking back the car keys takes 45 min...haha..but as long as you are satisfied, why not?

Joytoy

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:16 AM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Mar 9 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. service all injectors
2. service all sensors
3. service starter motor

Seriously, is cranking the engine twice such an issue?

azbro

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Mar 11 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously, is cranking the engine twice such an issue?

It does when you got your Wira/Waja friends in the car.... tongue.gif

jeff83

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

jeff83

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Mar 11 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just some questions:

1. You said need 2 starts....was the first one totally empty, or still cranking but fail to start? It could be the relay for the starter.

The first start is still cranking but fail to start (not empty). even put some gas on the accelerator pedal, still the same
mind to explain about the relay for starter? because it has no problem for cold start!

2. From your Service Invoice seems like you did it at the Mutiara Toyota SC infront of Giant Plentong....those guys only know how to service only, same as Saksama Toyota SC in Tmn Shahbandar or other dealers. I really dunno why Toyota is not really controlling these Subcontrators very well.
I would recommend you to make an appointment with the main UMWSC at Larkin as over there they have more experience in such problems. But make sure you got time in your hands. Registration takes half and hour....and even taking back the car keys takes 45 min...haha..but as long as you are satisfied, why not?

yes, i am thinking to send the car to larkin for coming service, no confident to mutiara already.

Joytoy

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Mar 11 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It does when you got your Wira/Waja friends in the car.... tongue.gif

So they ( Wira/Waja friends ) are trying to find some excuse to complain / comment about your car ?

They know that plotong got too many things to complaint about so just trying to find fault with yours compared to theirs to make them feel better. smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif smile_approve.gif

jeff83

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:26 AM

jeff83

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Mar 11 2010, 11:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just some questions:

1. the first start is cranking but fail to start.
2. tell u what larkin service center also the same. lousy service

rallychamp

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:42 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
maybe it was an early sign of faulty crank sensor and(or) cam sensor....

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)