Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Petrol Price Expected To Increase - Again

• Please log in to reply

nofear1979

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Jun 11 2010, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Like that must fast fast go change my tyres liao. Sigh...no salary increment also. sterb292.gif

dun change tyres, change to NGV biggrin.gif
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

vr2turbo

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:11 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,490 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Jun 14 2010, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dun change tyres, change to NGV biggrin.gif

NGV, On the long run, not too good for the engine. That is the feedback from some taxi drivers.. smile_blackeye.gif

enduser

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
get ready smile_big.gif

===========quote=============

http://www.thestar.c...f...&sec=nation

Sources: Various subsidies to be cut

KUALA LUMPUR: Talk is rife that the subsidy for a number of controlled items will be cut.

Various sources are indicating that the prices of petrol and diesel will go up from midnight Thursday.

It is also speculated that the prices of LPG and sugar will also be increased.

On May 27, Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Idris Jala had said that Malaysia would be bankrupt by 2019 if it did not cut subsidies and rein in borrowings.

He said that Malaysia's debt would rise to 100% of GDP by 2019 from the current 54% if it did not cut subsidies.

============end quote===================

and

=========quote==============

http://www.theedgema...-per-litre.html

Petrol, diesel prices to go up 5c per litre
Written by Malaysiakini
Thursday, 15 July 2010 19:18

KUALA LUMPUR: The prices of petrol and diesel will go up by five sen per litre by midnight on Thursday, July 15 as the government reduces the fuel subsidies, reports said.

According to Malaysiakini (www.malaysiakini.com), both RON 95 and RON 97 grade petrol and diesel prices will be raised by 5 sen per litre. Liquified petroleum gas (LPG) will be raised by 10 sen per kg. Sugar prices will be raised by 25 sen per kg.

The breakdown of the new prices are:

RON 95 grade petrol - RM1.85 per litre

RON 97 grade petrol - RM2.10 per litre

Diesel - RM1.75 per litre

White refined coarse granulated sugar - RM1.70 per kg

Liquified petroluem gas - RM1.85 per kg

The government subsidises prices of items ranging from petrol to tolls, sugar, flour and cooking oil. Subsidies totalled RM24.5 billion in 2009 or 3% of GDP, offical data showed.

==================end quote==================

Halem

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

Halem

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 615 posts
Finally naik 5 sen ! To test weather before comming up with a bigger tsunami. smile_blackeye.gif

yeeck

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

yeeck

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 878 posts
"The government announced tonight that RON95 petrol and diesel prices will go up by five sen a litre. Tomorrow's pump price will be RM1.85 per litre for RON95 and RM1.75 per litre for diesel. Subsidies for RON97 have been removed completely and its price will be subject to market forces."

RON95 increased 5 cent. How about RON97? I don't think is 5 cents, right?

flee

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:35 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
KUALA LUMPUR, July 15 (Bernama) -- The Government Thursday announced subsidies for petrol, diesel, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and sugar will be reduced as a first step to the gradual subsidy rationalisation programme effective Friday (July 16.)

Subsidies for RON 95 petrol and diesel will be reduced by five sen a litre and LPG by 10 sen a kilogramme, said a statement from the Prime Minister's Office.

This means RON 95 grade petrol will cost RM1.85 a litre while LPG will be sold at RM1.85 per kilogramme.

"RON97 petrol will no longer be subsidised. It will be subjected to a managed float under which the price will be determined by the automatic pricing mechanism.

"For sugar, the upward price adjustment is 25 sen a kilogramme, it said.

The statement said the minimal changes would help Malaysia achieve a position of fiscal responsibility and "put us on a path towards reducing our deficit."

"To meet these objectives, we have chosen to make adjustments to our subsidies," it said.

Even after these changes, the Government will still spend an estimated RM7.82 billion on fuel and sugar subsidies this year.

Fuel and sugar prices in Malaysia will still be among the lowest in the region, it said.

It said the subsidy rationalisation will allow Malaysia to reduce Government expenditure by more than RM750 million this year.

The decision to reduce fuel and sugar subsidies was based on the fact that reducing fuel subsidies would have the greatest impact on Government spending and reducing sugar subsidies "will allow us to promote healthier lifestyles, it said.
Regards,
Flee

khorlin

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

khorlin

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
what the #$%^&.

My pay just got cut 10%........
Now this......
Sugar increase........
Petrol increase......
@#$%^&*

Sorry but i have always been a support and vote for you. but no more.

Take care of the rakyat my #$%^&

DSAI

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:43 AM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
as u guys know petrol, diesel,LPG (NOT NGV) and sugar 5 cent. at 1st feel want to get piss off but what the hell...bikin darah tinggi saja.no such diffrent for me.im still riding my bike, i dont consume much sugar and i seldom eat ouside. smile_clown.gif
a new hope...

nofear1979

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Jul 16 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
as u guys know petrol, diesel,LPG (NOT NGV) and sugar 5 cent. at 1st feel want to get piss off but what the hell...bikin darah tinggi saja.no such diffrent for me.im still riding my bike, i dont consume much sugar and i seldom eat ouside. smile_clown.gif

yea.. must take less sugar.. biggrin.gif

be calm.. and more to come.. very soon...
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

DSAI

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:54 AM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
bro boh kia, more and more to come many people are start to thinking about throw the current Gov.it seems the current goverment always bully the rakyat.meanwhile the opp really good on playing the issue but i doubt the opp dramaticly can improve the economic crisis we all face.Vote for LGU for PM!not abg nuar smile_clown.gif
a new hope...