Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Bridgestone Gr-90

• Please log in to reply

nazirmz

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:37 AM

nazirmz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
Top wheels Turanza GR-90

By Achong Tanjong Nov 28th, 2009

Achong Tanjong in Bangkok

To differentiate and prove the quality of the latest Turanza GR-90, members of the media were given the opportunity to test drive for themselves at the dry handling circuit on Multi-purpose test pad for two laps using the Toyota Camry – fitted with GR-90 and GR-80 tyres of the same size – at The Thai Bridgestone Proving ground.

The test is to feel and compare both tyres performance especially in steering response, high- speed stability and braking performance.

I drove with Bridgestone experts sitting next to me where the test includes slalom, high-speed cornering – lane changing and braking.

After the test -I really could feel the difference in performance of both tyres especially at the high-speed cornering. The Turanza GR-90 has proven to provide the highest level of driving comfort, stability and control.

Earlier, media personnel from India and, I were given a ride by a Bridgestone driver for noise and comfort testing fitted with the GR-90 and GR-80, in new and worn tyres (after 40,000km) at the Special Road Surface at the proving ground circuit for two laps, and fun driving fitted with the GR-90 using Mercedes E-Class at main circuit for dry and wet handling testing.

The GR-90 was incredibly silent on rough road conditions compared to the GR-80 in similar premium category.

Driving at high-speeds of 220km/h on the main circuit and reduced high-speed of 180km/h at cornering at wet road condition.

The Turanza GR-90 is optimised for an unprecedented experience in supreme driving comfort, road-handling smoothness and low-noise characteristics.

Intelligently designed rounded corners combined with ideal construction rigidity provide superior handling over a wide range of roads.

The ultra-efficient tread design featuring rows of low and high-angle winding grooves and flexible construction deliver outstanding travelling dynamics and better water dispersion, leading to high levels of safety and comfort.

A lineup of Turanza ultra-luxury performance tyres were designed for drivers yearning for a supreme touring experience.

At the end of the testing session, journalists from various participating countries including auto-magazines filled and submitted their respective evaluation form. The overall test results clearly proved a resounding victory for the new Turanza GR-90 when all journalists gave thumbs-up.

The GR-90 is backed by a wide range of technologies designed to reduce vibration and noise reduction on many types of road surfaces and fitted with silent AC Block – that allowed the tyre to optimised surface contact in three dimensions for any driving condition.

It’s advanced noise-reduction technology and tuning give this premium tyre enhanced experience on various road conditions.

The Thai Bridgestone Proving Ground occupied 526,194 sq metres. It is designed to accommodate all tyre tests in order to achieve the best quality in all driving conditions.

The Special Road Surface with a length of 500 metres offers up to 10 different types of road surfaces.

It is designed for checking noise and smoothness so that drivers and passengers would feel comfortable throughout their journey. The Multi-Purpose Test Pad is 220 metres in width and 220 metres in length, which can accommodate various driving tests.

The main circuit is a 3,300 metres long by 16 metres wide oval-shaped high-speed proving ground with four driving tracks.

Its’ curves have an eight per cent slope or a tilt of 4.5 degrees. The wet handling circuit is for the testing of grip performance and the dry handling circuit is to test the steering wheel and grip performance under high-speed conditions.

Further information on the new GR-90 can be obtained from the Bridgestone Centre in Gadong.

Bridgestone Rolls Out Premium Touring Tyres - TURANZA GR 90
Email Print
Posted on,Thursday, December 10, 2009

Source: Suddenly the destination no longer matters...

Bridgestone, the world’s No.1 Tyre & Rubber manufacturer announces the launch TURANZA GR 90 - ultra luxury performance tyres for drivers wanting a supreme touring experience
Positioned as polar opposites of the high end POTENZA sporty performance tyres, the TURANZA lineup is designed to offer an unprecedented experience in supreme ride comfort, road handling smoothness and low noise characteristics.

The high performance lineup comprise three product types: G90, ER300, and AR10, and is available in a wide variety of sizes from 14 inch to 20 inch, including low profile versions, to fit a diverse range of cars and to satisfy most driving styles and road conditions.

The TURANZA, originally developed for fitment on European luxury cars, is aimed ideally at complementing performance luxury saloons such as those by Mercedes Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus, etc.

Announcing the launch, Mr. Vaibhav Saraf, Sr Dy General Manager, Marketing Bridgestone India Pvt. Ltd. said, “Creating the TURANZA was a journey in itself. Even though we faced several seemly insurmountable challenges, our global team pulled through at every stage. Ultimately, the feedback from satisfied customers worldwide has really made our journey worthwhile.”

In close collaboration with auto manufacturers worldwide, the TURANZA is exclusively designed to meet strict specifications for superior comfort and road handling capabilities. With a worldwide reputation for excellent quality, the TURANZA provides a premium touring experience for a wide variety of automobiles, not only luxury models.
TURANZA establishes itself as the “premium touring” tyre because it does not solely focus on quality, but instead pursues an ultimate balance of comfort and handling on all kinds of road conditions. To achieve such a lofty goal, the designers needed to fully understand driver’s expectations everywhere.

Born from Bridgestone’s state of the art engineering process, innovative tread design and extensive usage of quality compound materials, the TURANZA represents the brand’s passion for setting groundbreaking standards in performance touring tyres and unites comfort and handling at the highest levels.

From city driving to long touring excursions, TURANZA evokes fatigue free, quiet comfort with absolute handling confidence. It is a feeling of serenity beyond any normal ride, almost to the point that you realise your intended destination is less important than the journey there.
Turanza GR – 90 will be available at Bridgestone “Select” showroom and large format tyre stores across India from this month.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cant wait for this tyre to arrive.... now I'm in dilemma! Michelin Primacy LC or this Bridg GR-90! Hmm.....

Attached Thumbnails

• 1350812646950812646913508126469508126469.jpg

Often wrong, never in doubt...

vr2turbo

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
Well, wait for it. Check the price and let others test it first before jumping into it.
Tyre test are always benchmark against it's older model hence should be better, but it is better that others of similar range?
Let take their AR-10, tested to be better than their ER-60, but in real life, users are mentioning otherwise.

Thanks for the photo posted, and they have gone Asy......
I can see part of the ER-60 pattern, part of the AR-10 pattern included. Have they run out of design?

nazirmz

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:15 AM

nazirmz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
well if it's work, they will "recycle" the tread design. Anyway, hopefully they launch fast as my tyre TWI already almost reaching its limit. Can already feel slippery if driving thru puddle of water.

Otherwise will get the Primacy LC first and try this GR-90 on my other car. But from the journalist review, looks promising. The second article is of course written for promotional purpose, haha!

ntc2000

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:25 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
wah... seem like nice tire woh...

but the problem is how much for 1 donut ah??

hmm... is time for me to save $$$ now, i can foresee my tire gonna finish soon as now every week going back to hometown... 1 week, 1k+ km.... smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

yongy

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:01 PM

yongy

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
I also read an article in magazine bout this GR-90. Looks promising. But as we all know, prices for Bridggy tyres in M'sia r on the premium side... We just got to wait & c how they price the tyre in M'sia.

nazirmz

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:02 PM

nazirmz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
I guess the estimated is somewhere along current GR-80 prices, and add a few RM to it. Be prepared to pay for it though. I didn't say it was cheap, hehe. Good tyres will always cost you, but it's well worth the investment in the period you used it, especially in emergency.

vr2turbo

Posted 11 December 2009 - 08:13 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (nazirmz @ Dec 11 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess the estimated is somewhere along current GR-80 prices, and add a few RM to it. Be prepared to pay for it though. I didn't say it was cheap, hehe. Good tyres will always cost you, but it's well worth the investment in the period you used it, especially in emergency.

Well, it depends what you mean good, because different people have different priorities.
Then again whether the tyres are value for money?
Taken for example the BS RE-001 for my size of 215/45/R17 it cost RM430
There are a good many other tyres in this size I would say is better then it.
The Yoko S-Drives which cost me only RM390 and the Max performance GY F1 Asy cost only RM388

The GR-80 also cost a lot and have many members changing to other brands because of this..... smile_tongue.gif

nazirmz

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

nazirmz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,625 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 11 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, it depends what you mean good, because different people have different priorities.
Then again whether the tyres are value for money?
Taken for example the BS RE-001 for my size of 215/45/R17 it cost RM430
There are a good many other tyres in this size I would say is better then it.
The Yoko S-Drives which cost me only RM390 and the Max performance GY F1 Asy cost only RM388

The GR-80 also cost a lot and have many members changing to other brands because of this..... smile_tongue.gif

yeah, have to agree on this. That's why we have forum such as this to exchange ideas and info on many things. Of course, for people like me who only change tyre once every 1.5 years, I cant comment much on the many different brand similar grade but differing prices of the many tyres in the market! hehe....

vr2turbo

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (nazirmz @ Dec 13 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, have to agree on this. That's why we have forum such as this to exchange ideas and info on many things. Of course, for people like me who only change tyre once every 1.5 years, I cant comment much on the many different brand similar grade but differing prices of the many tyres in the market! hehe....

Well, when the GR-90 is launch, we need some guinea piggy to try them out and give us some feedback, so waiting for you to try first...ha! ha! smile_big.gif

BSDriver

Posted 15 December 2009 - 08:01 AM

BSDriver

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 13 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, when the GR-90 is launch, we need some guinea piggy to try them out and give us some feedback, so waiting for you to try first...ha! ha! smile_big.gif

Personally I dont mind to be a guinea pig for GR 90. Unfortunately I already bought the LC tyre.
BSDriver