Autoworld
Autoworld.com.my  

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Toyota New Models For Malaysia In 2010?
alldisc
post Nov 17 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Tokyo Drifter

Group: Members
Member No.: 67,618

New models we can expect from UMW Toyota in 2010 - agak-agak only.

1. All new Toyota Wish to replace the current 6 yrs old. Expect similar pricing to compete head-to-head with 2nd gen facelifted Honda Stream BUT, only if its assembled in ASEAN countries.
Upgraded mechanicals including CVT transmission with 6 speed virtual ratios, dual VVTI engine, and rear air-cond blower.
New Wish was launched in mid 2009 in Japan.

2. Facelifted Vios somewhere in between Q2 and Q3 to take on Honda City. current Vios was launched in 2008 and mid-life facelift is not far away (between 2

3. Toyota Camry Hybrid. The main reason is because its assembled in Thailand. so being an ASEAN CKD and a hybrid car, taxes should be none. The possibilties are there. Toyota should take the advantage in order to lead instead of following.

4. Corolla Altis - either facelift or a high spec 2.0. chances are slim but Toyota need it to push sales or else it cant catch up with Civic FD.

5. All new Avanza replacement. Its due time. stiff competitions come from Perodua Alza, Proton Exora, Nissan Grand Livina and Naza Citra II Rondo.

5. All new Innova replacement. Its due time.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wanida
post Nov 17 2009, 08:55 PM
Post #2

Fast & Furious

Member No.: 69,564

QUOTE (alldisc @ Nov 17 2009, 05:50 PM) *
New models we can expect from UMW Toyota in 2010 - agak-agak only.

1. All new Toyota Wish to replace the current 6 yrs old. Expect similar pricing to compete head-to-head with 2nd gen facelifted Honda Stream BUT, only if its assembled in ASEAN countries.
Upgraded mechanicals including CVT transmission with 6 speed virtual ratios, dual VVTI engine, and rear air-cond blower.
New Wish was launched in mid 2009 in Japan.

2. Facelifted Vios somewhere in between Q2 and Q3 to take on Honda City. current Vios was launched in 2008 and mid-life facelift is not far away (between 2

3. Toyota Camry Hybrid. The main reason is because its assembled in Thailand. so being an ASEAN CKD and a hybrid car, taxes should be none. The possibilties are there. Toyota should take the advantage in order to lead instead of following.

4. Corolla Altis - either facelift or a high spec 2.0. chances are slim but Toyota need it to push sales or else it cant catch up with Civic FD.

5. All new Avanza replacement. Its due time. stiff competitions come from Perodua Alza, Proton Exora, Nissan Grand Livina and Naza Citra II Rondo.

5. All new Innova replacement. Its due time.

When bro alldisc gave hints, I must say 80% correct.. smile_thumbup.gif but for toyota wish..dun think it will come in so soon as the new model does not not even penetrate Singapore market currently smile_big.gif

+Quote Post
Justicebao
post Nov 18 2009, 01:55 AM
Post #3

White Lightning

Member No.: 39,495

Waiting for the Camry Hybrid smile_approve.gif

--------------------
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

+Quote Post
alldisc
post Nov 18 2009, 09:09 AM
Post #4

Tokyo Drifter

QUOTE (wanida @ Nov 17 2009, 08:55 PM) *
When bro alldisc gave hints, I must say 80% correct.. smile_thumbup.gif but for toyota wish..dun think it will come in so soon as the new model does not not even penetrate Singapore market currently smile_big.gif

i like the guessing game since UMWT in their press conference admitted there are several new models in the pipeline for 2010.

the new Wish i can say is a little high tech/sophisticated and therefore the market must be ready for it. for example if it is using direct injection (D4) engine, than our petrol is not suitable. but it will come to malaysia as soon as it is assembled in ASEAN. bear in mind that japan CBU will be pricey and UMW will lose advantage against competitor and grey importers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
LS71
post Nov 19 2009, 08:50 AM
Post #5

Taxi Driver

Member No.: 63,639

QUOTE (alldisc @ Nov 18 2009, 09:09 AM) *
i like the guessing game since UMWT in their press conference admitted there are several new models in the pipeline for 2010.

the new Wish i can say is a little high tech/sophisticated and therefore the market must be ready for it. for example if it is using direct injection (D4) engine, than our petrol is not suitable. but it will come to malaysia as soon as it is assembled in ASEAN. bear in mind that japan CBU will be pricey and UMW will lose advantage against competitor and grey importers.

New Toyata Wish just lauched at Taiwan with 4 speed auto gearbox instead of CVT if I'm not wrong. Our spec always follow Taiwan spec. Hopefully this time UMW would bring in the CVT one........ UMW/Toyota Malaysia is always famous in term of not bring in the their latest technology into our Market

+Quote Post
swinee
post Nov 19 2009, 12:52 PM
Post #6

Fast & Furious

Member No.: 75,863

new wish ?? i think it wont be so fast penetrate into our market..
there are possibilities of CBU version..but CKD the % is quite low..
bcos Thai have previously declare that they wont be building any new wish at their plant..

and if we get the taiwan spec, better just forget it..
wit 3ZR-FE, with dual vvti + 4 spd auto where the engine output is not that far from 1AZ-FE smile_blackeye.gif
and regarding the the 2nd row blower, if anyone happen to see that photo, they will doubt issit an luxury MPV or just an self add on blower just like any other van..i rather they stick back to the blower from the front dash..

for the Sg market, PI there bring in some real goodies for them..
there have the 3ZR-FAE Valvematic + CVT and nicely built interior..
i really hope this s the version that we gonna get smile_thumbup.gif

+Quote Post
swinee
post Nov 19 2009, 01:38 PM
Post #7

Fast & Furious

this blower really kill off the ambient lights smile_disapprove.gif
i cant see anything that is so bulky..not even the exora one looks like this

+Quote Post
alldisc
post Nov 19 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #8

Tokyo Drifter

QUOTE (swinee @ Nov 19 2009, 12:52 PM) *
new wish ?? i think it wont be so fast penetrate into our market..
there are possibilities of CBU version..but CKD the % is quite low..
bcos Thai have previously declare that they wont be building any new wish at their plant..

and if we get the taiwan spec, better just forget it..
wit 3ZR-FE, with dual vvti + 4 spd auto where the engine output is not that far from 1AZ-FE smile_blackeye.gif
and regarding the the 2nd row blower, if anyone happen to see that photo, they will doubt issit an luxury MPV or just an self add on blower just like any other van..i rather they stick back to the blower from the front dash..

for the Sg market, PI there bring in some real goodies for them..
there have the 3ZR-FAE Valvematic + CVT and nicely built interior..
i really hope this s the version that we gonna get smile_thumbup.gif

QUOTE (LS71 @ Nov 19 2009, 08:50 AM) *
New Toyata Wish just lauched at Taiwan with 4 speed auto gearbox instead of CVT if I'm not wrong. Our spec always follow Taiwan spec. Hopefully this time UMW would bring in the CVT one........ UMW/Toyota Malaysia is always famous in term of not bring in the their latest technology into our Market

your guesses are just as good as mine. lets hope for sumting good, in order for Toyota to react properly on market response.

i could sense there were winds of change recently within UMW. the ACV40 camry was quick to make its way here, so as the facelift. Not to forget; the super high tech and environment friendly Toyota Prius. I heard the waiting period for Prius is almost a year with more than 100 bookings in over 3 months time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
yeong
post Nov 20 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #9

Road Warrior

Member No.: 2,207

QUOTE (swinee @ Nov 19 2009, 01:38 PM) *

this blower really kill off the ambient lights smile_disapprove.gif
i cant see anything that is so bulky..not even the exora one looks like this

OMG, what is Toyota doing ? smile_blackeye.gif Somemore this is just blower, no coolant inside.
Give me something like Avanza/Rush if not Innova/Exora, is still much-2 better than this. Or rather they don't put at all like 1st gen.

+Quote Post
swinee
post Nov 20 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #10

Fast & Furious

QUOTE (yeong @ Nov 20 2009, 11:49 AM) *
OMG, what is Toyota doing ? smile_blackeye.gif Somemore this is just blower, no coolant inside.
Give me something like Avanza/Rush if not Innova/Exora, is still much-2 better than this. Or rather they don't put at all like 1st gen.

ya..in order to cater the market for 2nd row blower, they put that in..
taiwan toyota did add in some cool stuff for the exterior that JDM dun have, like CCFL side mirror signal, LED back light, ambient light..
but the aircon is sort of turn off.. smile_disapprove.gif

maybe toyota have a strangehold of taiwan market..tats y they dun care a damn thing for customer.. smile_blackeye.gif
and not to mentioned the 3ZR-FE+4AT..
i dunno how this new wish going up against the mazda 5 or ford at their domestic market.. smile_blackeye.gif

advice is better get it from PI if u really want the new wish..
but new wish do looks larger and nicer and have sort of estima body line.. smile_tongue.gif

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version  |  Powered By IP.Board © 2008  IPS, Inc Time is now: 23rd April 2014 - 06:20 PM