Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Preve Tyre Recommendation

• Please log in to reply

larry127

Posted 03 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

larry127

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

I'm looking for a tough durable tyer for my preve as I travel alot to those kind of Industry area, route conditions just like war zone. Kindly recommend some model. Normal spec will do.

Thank you very much.

vr2turbo

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:11 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (larry127 @ Nov 3 2014, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I'm looking for a tough durable tyer for my preve as I travel alot to those kind of Industry area, route conditions just like war zone. Kindly recommend some model. Normal spec will do.

Thank you very much.

Durable as in long lasting or durable as in tough? But then car tyres are car tyres, don't have any tough one except rally tyres.
I think the tyres that comes with your Preve should be quite durable already, if not mistaken the GT Radial BAX2, right?
Anyway will transfer you to Tyre and Wheel talk thread.... smile_tongue.gif

larry127

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

larry127

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 4 2014, 08:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Durable as in long lasting or durable as in tough? But then car tyres are car tyres, don't have any tough one except rally tyres.
I think the tyres that comes with your Preve should be quite durable already, if not mistaken the GT Radial BAX2, right?
Anyway will transfer you to Tyre and Wheel talk thread.... smile_tongue.gif

Oic , yes it kinda tough , my millage its 50k KM now and the front is almost botak. I travel alot (long and short distance and mostly industry area )and i'm not the kind of racer or like to do hardcore cornering. What would you recommend ?

flee

Posted 04 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
Long lasting tyres are usually made of harder compound. So the performance of these tyres will not be very good. As such most long lasting tyres tend to be entry level tyre models like Michelin XM2, Goodyear Duraplus, etc.

50K kms at the front is pretty good going already. So it may be a good thing to use the same tyres again if you find the performance acceptable.
Regards,
Flee

larry127

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:29 PM

larry127

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (flee @ Nov 4 2014, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Long lasting tyres are usually made of harder compound. So the performance of these tyres will not be very good. As such most long lasting tyres tend to be entry level tyre models like Michelin XM2, Goodyear Duraplus, etc.

50K kms at the front is pretty good going already. So it may be a good thing to use the same tyres again if you find the performance acceptable.

Noted .Thanks for the information.

vr2turbo

Posted 05 November 2014 - 07:34 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (flee @ Nov 4 2014, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not pretty good, but very good. 50k km some use up one set already. If he rotates them easily 80 to 90k already. smile_thumbup.gif

larry127

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

larry127

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 5 2014, 07:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not pretty good, but very good. 50k km some use up one set already. If he rotates them easily 80 to 90k already. smile_thumbup.gif

Yes i had overlook for the alignment service which required to do every 10k km sad.gif otherwise there should be ok to go up to 90k km.

Also my chamber 3 spoiled .

Gunnerzz

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (larry127 @ Nov 6 2014, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes i had overlook for the alignment service which required to do every 10k km sad.gif otherwise there should be ok to go up to 90k km.

Also my chamber 3 spoiled .

90k km?
I think for intermediate tire is very2 hard,almost impossible for your kind of usage.
Even the sturdy michelin xm2.
60k km is more logical.

90k km i think can achieve if all of malaysian road is like our highway and we dont whack corner,
Carry weight and so on.

U want durabke,michelin xm2 or goodyear duraplus.
My saga blm is currently on xm2.

vr2turbo

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
For some driver can achieve woh! My friend did 60k plus km on CPC2. Got one customer of friend's tyre shop did 80k plus km even on UHP GT Radial HPY... smile_tongue.gif

flee

Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:13 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
Wonder how it is done. Either drive the car at low loads at low speed or the odometer is reading incorrectly!

I remember the days when Dunlop used to have the Kilomax - they claimed that it can last 75K kms but most people who used it only got about 50K.

I am on Michelin XM2s at the moment and I dunno how long they will last. XM1's used to last about 40K.
Regards,
Flee