Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Interesting Article

• Please log in to reply

myraahmaad

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

myraahmaad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hey guys! look i had found this interesting article from http://www.tyreplus....econdition.aspx
and wanna share with you guys some info which i think it is useful.
City driving requires that your tyres have characteristics specific to city constraints.

Tyre Selection Criteria:

Braking Distance
To cope with all the hazards of city driving (pedestrian crossing without looking, etc.), you need tyres with the minimum braking distance, on both dry and wet roads.

Longevity
Tyres undergo numerous stops and starts. Each tread block in contact with the road under the effect of engine or braking forces deforms and slides. Sliding and contact pressure scrape off material. Choose tyres with increased longevity.

Fuel Economy
Tyres with low rolling resistance can effectively save fuel.

TIPS:
Once a month, inspect your tyres to make sure they don’t show signs of uneven wear or bulges due to impacts against sidewalls.

Check the pressure at least once a month when the tyres are cold: under-inflated tyres increase the braking distance and the fuel consumption.

Don’t forget to check the pressure of the spare tyre as well.

Tyres play a key role in your vehicle’s road handling because they provide, at the end of the chain, the necessary actions to maintain the vehicle’s trajectory at relatively high speeds.

Tyre Selection Criteria:

Braking Distance at High Speed
For maximum safety, you need tyres with minimum braking distance on both dry and wet roads.

Comfort
For long trips, choose tyres that offer comfort qualities both in terms of vibrations and noise level.

Road Holding
Prefer a high-performance tyre.

TIPS:
Check the tyre pressure at least once a month and before each long trip when the tyres are cold.

If the pressure is checked once the tyres have heated up, add 0.3 bars to the manufacturer’s recommended pressure. Don’t forget to check the condition and pressure of the spare tyre as well. Equip your vehicle with winter tyres at the beginning of the season.

Caution: a 4x4’s road holding is different than a passenger vehicle. On the road, the braking distance of a heavy vehicle is longer due to its weight.

jujur

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

jujur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the thread, it is very helpful and informative, especially for beginners like me. I have little knowledge about tyre. I think Malaysia weather that is hot and humid, and often rains, we need to choose a good tyre that suit this kind of weather. I think Michelin PS3/P3ST is a good choice for us here. Anyway, when you send your car for maintenance, must go to the trustworthy workshop such as Tyreplus. I been before, their service is good.

hiltonchua

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

hiltonchua

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
All tyre same one..how you make sure ur decision is correct,i think it is better to let the shop workers to decide which is the best for me..
it's good enough to know how to maintain my own tyres. the rest i wont care..

nurulazzin

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:20 PM

nurulazzin

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
nowdays i know that there are many people who often underestimate the importance bout gaining more knowledge on tyres, they dont want to spend their time on tyres. but actually tyre is not only important for performance but also safety purpose! expecially when the tread wears off, it is very dangerous while driving.
im now using Michelin P3ST and it's good in every aspect, so i would like to share with you guys so that you guys can try it!

majupo

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:27 AM

majupo

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
Usually, I will let the workshop man to decide for me which tyre, but with this information here, I will b wiser now. Anyway, before I buy, I will still seek advice from friends

evonvon

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

evonvon

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
good tips....my way of selecting are as below

1. select the model and brand of tyre that I want
2. search for review, survey price
3. go to nearest dealer shop to bargain

cocobanna

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

cocobanna

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (hiltonchua @ Sep 3 2014, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All tyre same one..how you make sure ur decision is correct,i think it is better to let the shop workers to decide which is the best for me..

nowadays can do research online, u can find many reviews...normally those dealer will biased to the brand they are selling...like if they sell Bridgestone for sure recommend u buy Bridgestone...

spend some time to check out and u can decide it yourself

vr2turbo

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (hiltonchua @ Sep 3 2014, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tyres are not the same. Each manufacturers have their own range from entry level to extreme for legal road use to racing slicks for track. Just have to find out which tyre suits you according to your priorities, as different people have different priorities. Some prefer outright grip and handling, some prefer comfort and quiet, and some just want durability, so many tyres to choose from, meaning from brand and models...

vr2turbo

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (cocobanna @ Sep 5 2014, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nowadays can do research online, u can find many reviews...normally those dealer will biased to the brand they are selling...like if they sell Bridgestone for sure recommend u buy Bridgestone...

spend some time to check out and u can decide it yourself

Exactly, if you leave it to the tyre shop, sure he will recommend the tyre he profit most from.... smile_blackeye.gif

QUOTE (nurulazzin @ Sep 4 2014, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nowdays i know that there are many people who often underestimate the importance bout gaining more knowledge on tyres, they dont want to spend their time on tyres. but actually tyre is not only important for performance but also safety purpose! expecially when the tread wears off, it is very dangerous while driving.
im now using Michelin P3ST and it's good in every aspect, so i would like to share with you guys so that you guys can try it!

Michelin advertisers come to Honda Corner dy..... smile_shock.gif

lelynx

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

lelynx

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
for me, i will break the category into 4 main one:-
1) standard
- most of the models are in this range
- just standard cheap tyre