Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Harrier 225/65/r17 Michellin Tyre Inquiry

• Please log in to reply

stevecmj

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

stevecmj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Klang BanHooi Tyre shop Michellin Latitude (Only) offer Rm540,is it worth to buy? Anyone use this Tyre before as I checked in Michellin web, I can find latitude hp, tour, but not latitude, is it new model?

Need some experts commend, thanks

vr2turbo

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (stevecmj @ Aug 12 2014, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Klang BanHooi Tyre shop Michellin Latitude (Only) offer Rm540,is it worth to buy? Anyone use this Tyre before as I checked in Michellin web, I can find latitude hp, tour, but not latitude, is it new model?

Need some experts commend, thanks

As far as I know, Latitude is Michelin SUV range of tyre and have 4 models from their Malaysian website and that is the Sports, Tour HP, Cross and Diamaris.
You saw the Latitude in Klang Ban Hooi?

stevecmj

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

stevecmj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 12 2014, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As far as I know, Latitude is Michelin SUV range of tyre and have 4 models from their Malaysian website and that is the Sports, Tour HP, Cross and Diamaris.
You saw the Latitude in Klang Ban Hooi?

I just called in , haven't see the physical, tht's why I weird why only latitude only but do not have HP, tour and etc, where should I check again, any recommend Tyre shop for me to clarify, thx

vr2turbo

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:26 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (stevecmj @ Aug 12 2014, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just called in , haven't see the physical, tht's why I weird why only latitude only but do not have HP, tour and etc, where should I check again, any recommend Tyre shop for me to clarify, thx

In that case I think the shop personnel don't know.
Michelin shops that I know. MPS Auto in Sunway, Kee Hin Tyre in Old Klang Road, Tai Tong Tyre in SS2
Google them and should have there contact info.... smile_thumbup.gif

stevecmj

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

stevecmj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 13 2014, 08:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In that case I think the shop personnel don't know.
Michelin shops that I know. MPS Auto in Sunway, Kee Hin Tyre in Old Klang Road, Tai Tong Tyre in SS2
Google them and should have there contact info.... smile_thumbup.gif

Today I walkin Klang HinLeong, Michellin Laatitude HP tour 1pcs=MYR700, sigh....

But, the shop worker offer Toyo opencountry 235/65/R17 1pcs MYR500, is it worth to buy? Is it confort if compare to Michellin?

vr2turbo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (stevecmj @ Aug 14 2014, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Today I walkin Klang HinLeong, Michellin Laatitude HP tour 1pcs=MYR700, sigh....

But, the shop worker offer Toyo opencountry 235/65/R17 1pcs MYR500, is it worth to buy? Is it confort if compare to Michellin?

No, should not be as the Toyo Open Country are H/T tyres, means Highway Terrain. If you look at the thread pattern it is more of block pattern and this contributes to noise. Michelin thread is fine pattern, which will be more quiet.
For your tyre size, Yokohama new Geolandar SUV have both 225/65R17 and 235/65R17. This tyre have evolve from their Geolandar H/T tyre and now have fine thread pattern rather than the previous Geolandar H/T that have block pattern.
I am currently running one set on my Chery SUV (about a month already) and find them to be quiet and comfortable. Mine are 235/60R16 and my previous set were passenger car tyres Conti CC1.
I will be posting my feedback soon, hopefully can do it by today..... smile_tongue.gif

stevecmj

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

stevecmj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 15 2014, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, should not be as the Toyo Open Country are H/T tyres, means Highway Terrain. If you look at the thread pattern it is more of block pattern and this contributes to noise. Michelin thread is fine pattern, which will be more quiet.
For your tyre size, Yokohama new Geolandar SUV have both 225/65R17 and 235/65R17. This tyre have evolve from their Geolandar H/T tyre and now have fine thread pattern rather than the previous Geolandar H/T that have block pattern.
I am currently running one set on my Chery SUV (about a month already) and find them to be quiet and comfortable. Mine are 235/60R16 and my previous set were passenger car tyres Conti CC1.
I will be posting my feedback soon, hopefully can do it by today..... smile_tongue.gif

Is it Yohomaha Geolandar HT - S?mind to share how much you changd the set and which Tyre shop is better deal?

vr2turbo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (stevecmj @ Aug 15 2014, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it Yohomaha Geolandar HT - S?mind to share how much you changd the set and which Tyre shop is better deal?

H/T-S is the G051 model

This one....

New Eco Model is the G055

Because many complain H/T tyres noisy. Nowadays many SUV never goes off road and are used on tarmac like mine....hahaha
So Yokohama have come out with a SUV tyre for this

Mine is 16" only and I got them from Quicksave, USJ. Probably you can call them or you can check with shops in Klang. I think Hin Leong should have, heard that they are Yokohama dealer

vr2turbo

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
Posted here....

http://forum.autowor...howtopic=107804

stevecmj

Posted 15 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

stevecmj

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 15 2014, 04:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thx bro, I have brought new shoe Michellin Lattitude Tour as I called few shops to look for Yokohama Geolandar SUV but they claimed no stock.

I went to KeeHin OKR, they offer me 1pcs MYr550, I don't know whether it is best dealas they are manufactured from Thailand, the price are included balancing +Nitro gas air.

Anyhow, thanks for your recommendations. you are great as without your posting, really blind to look what kind of tyre tht we need, thanksbro!