Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Time To Buy A New Set Of Tyre

• Please log in to reply

myraahmaad

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:10 PM

myraahmaad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hi all, i wanna change my car tyre very long d.. wanna ask your opinion, which tyre you guys think the best? and which one most suit my car leh? my car size is 205/55 R16 91W.

1. Bridgestone Potenza
2. Michelin P3ST
3. Hankook V12

which one is the best?

2420l

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:04 PM

2420l

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts
QUOTE (myraahmaad @ Jul 21 2014, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all, i wanna change my car tyre very long d.. wanna ask your opinion, which tyre you guys think the best? and which one most suit my car leh? my car size is 205/55 R16 91W.

1. Bridgestone Potenza
2. Michelin P3ST
3. Hankook V12

which one is the best?

if no budget problem go for P3ST

vr2turbo

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (myraahmaad @ Jul 21 2014, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Bridgestone Potenza
2. Michelin P3ST
3. Hankook V12

which one is the best?

205/55R16 is very common size. Have many brands and models.
Well, there is no such thing as a "best" tyre. You should choose a tyre that suits your priorities, meaning what is your criteria in choosing a tyre. Traction in dry, wet, handling, durability, comfort, budget and so on... smile_tongue.gif

jujur

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:34 AM

jujur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I choose Michelin Primacy 3ST, it is more long lasting and less noise when drive. U may consider to try out this tyre. Or u can also asked around few friends before u decide,

Vegatron

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

Vegatron

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11,891 posts
QUOTE (jujur @ Jul 22 2014, 01:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I choose Michelin Primacy 3ST, it is more long lasting and less noise when drive. U may consider to try out this tyre. Or u can also asked around few friends before u decide,

Are you sure? I read all the reviews .... the biggest complaint is,... it wears out fast. That means it doesn't last long. Plus it is expensive, so making it not economical to purchase. Not I say one ah, mostly UK and US reviews say. smile_tongue.gif

I'm da Sushi Monster
Feeda me sushi! >:)

hiltonchua

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:10 PM

hiltonchua

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
if u cannot afford the expensive tyre ,u can buy second hand tyre.
i think the function of tyre is all the same so just pick the cheapest one will do..

2420l

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

2420l

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts
QUOTE (Vegatron @ Jul 23 2014, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure? I read all the reviews .... the biggest complaint is,... it wears out fast. That means it doesn't last long. Plus it is expensive, so making it not economical to purchase. Not I say one ah, mostly UK and US reviews say. smile_tongue.gif

don forget their weather & road condition is not same with us

idsi2007

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

idsi2007

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
For my own opinion, don't buy used tires unless you know who is the previous owner and the tires condition. No doubt that used tired may be cheap, but try not to put your life (your whole family life) to test on it.
People is willing to spend money to mod their rims, the performance part, the audio visual and etc.
When talk about tire, always opts for the cheaper/cheapest tires.
I feel that the whole vehicles, tires are playing the MOST important part. The tires have direct contact to the road surface whenever you drive. You guys should know the road condition of our country, to purchase a set of good tires is indirectly invest to our safety daily.
Spend some money to get a set of good tires. I'm sure you will feel it worth for any single penny you spend.

p/s: If you have more budget, go for Michelin. It won't goes wrong. If budget constraint, Hankook V12 is value for money.

myraahmaad

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

myraahmaad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 21 2014, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
205/55R16 is very common size. Have many brands and models.
Well, there is no such thing as a "best" tyre. You should choose a tyre that suits your priorities, meaning what is your criteria in choosing a tyre. Traction in dry, wet, handling, durability, comfort, budget and so on... smile_tongue.gif

prefer silent and comfort driving

myraahmaad

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

myraahmaad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (Vegatron @ Jul 23 2014, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UK US reviews ma, road condition may different from us...we are Malaysian haha possible share with me how our people review on it?