Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Quality Of Toyota Is Moving Backward, Agree?

• Please log in to reply

ckl050877

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:23 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
My colleague's 4 years (since I join the new company, may be earlier) Altis has rattling sounds all over the car.

My wife's colleague's 1 year old Vios has the same problem (may be she does not take good care of her car).

My uncle's Prius stated to give same problem after 1 year.

My mother in law's old corolla (last time) was still in good shape after used for more than 10 years.

Do you have the same feeling?

amir

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:45 AM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Nov 29 2013, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My colleague's 4 years (since I join the new company, may be earlier) Altis has rattling sounds all over the car.

My wife's colleague's 1 year old Vios has the same problem (may be she does not take good care of her car).

My uncle's Prius stated to give same problem after 1 year.

My mother in law's old corolla (last time) was still in good shape after used for more than 10 years.

Do you have the same feeling?

My eight yrs old altis 1.8g still in good condition. Engine still smooth like new n surprisingly interior has no squeks n rattles. Like that old toyota should have good resale value compared to newer one. Even my 2 yrs polo 1.4 squeks at the door rubber lining going over uneven roads.

ckl050877

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
It refers to percentage. Even with six sigma control, you will still have defects.

If the defect % is high (like Proton), almost everyone has the same problems.

If the defect % is low and yet you have the problem, you just have the bad luck. I always have bad luck.

rshazi

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

rshazi

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Agree. I owned a 99 Camry and two Estimas ('93 and '96), all worked well and served me well. Camry needed new battery after 2.5 yrs, Estimas needed new radiator after 1 yr. Nothing else other than oil change.
My pals who bought 2012 Camrys and Altis are complaining about chronic problems. Got worried, in the end, instead of buying a new Camry, I bought an ACV30 instead. Reliable, all problems sorted easily.
Now I believe newer cars hv too many things that can go wrong with them.

flee

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:08 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
I think that this is generally true because most manufacturers are cost cutting. They don't build them like they used to anymore. However, a lot also depends on how you drive and maintain your car. Those who drive hard will wear it out and those who skimp on maintenance may suffer later on.

People who buy their cars in Singapore note that quality is not so good ever since their cars were imported from Thailand. They are definitely inferior to the Japanese imports.
Regards,
Flee