Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Suzuki Kizashi Owner Here?

• Please log in to reply

wmh4141

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

wmh4141

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
Hi,

I've been contemplating buying the Kizashi 2.4litre Sport version and I have driven the car 3 times at the showroom.

The last time was on Monday where the salesman brought the car from his showroom to my office in KL.

So, I drove the car to MEX highway and exited at Bukit Jalil and back to KL.

OMG, the handling is superb! It felt planted and the acceleration using the paddle shift is very good.

The car was very stable at high speed even during fast sweeping corners (there are a few such corners at MEX) and the road noise was acceptable from the cabin.

Any owners out there?

How's the car so far, and what makes you chose the car over others?

I'm the type who goes for features and what the car can do and give me instead of what everybody else is driving.

The car to me look very sporty, muscular and what makes me like it more is because it can fit my kids' 2 strollers in the trunk.

Not too big like a Camry or Accord but bigger than an Altis or Civic.

Anyone?

Tq.

DC18

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (wmh4141 @ Jan 23 2013, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

I've been contemplating buying the Kizashi 2.4litre Sport version and I have driven the car 3 times at the showroom.

The last time was on Monday where the salesman brought the car from his showroom to my office in KL.

OMG, the handling is superb! It felt planted and the acceleration using the paddle shift is very good.

The car was very stable at high speed even during fast sweeping corners (there are a few such corners at MEX) and the road noise was acceptable from the cabin.

Any owners out there?

I'm the type who goes for features and what the car can do and give me instead of what everybody else is driving.

The car to me look very sporty, muscular and what makes me like it more is because it can fit my kids' 2 strollers in the trunk.

Anyone?

Tq.

No doubt a good car.

But have u check the spare parts situation or RV of Suzuki especially Kizahi.......so are u willing to take bad depreciation. How about discount? warranty?

jt101

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

jt101

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
QUOTE (wmh4141 @ Jan 23 2013, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Any owners out there?

Anyone?

Tq.

when i enquired about kizashi, the SA said in 2012, a total of 15 units were sold in Malaysia (entire country, not by the showroom).
plus the car is very small sized though it looks great, at least to me.

wmh4141

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

wmh4141

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (jt101 @ Jan 28 2013, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when i enquired about kizashi, the SA said in 2012, a total of 15 units were sold in Malaysia (entire country, not by the showroom).
plus the car is very small sized though it looks great, at least to me.

The last two cars that I owned are also very rare and I still managed to sell both of them, one after 6 years of trouble-free ownership and the other one after 9 months of driving enjoyment.

So being rare and resale value being uncertain are not the factors that would concern me much. There is always a market for those who like to own such rare cars even if it is second hand.

However, I agree with you on one thing ie to check on the availability of spare parts and I'll start with a visit to be main showroom or the HQ.

Cars to me are to be enjoyed in terms of its features, its ride and handling, its
unique and beautiful shape etc, and not just because everybody else is driving them.

There's no use buying a car now when you are already thinking of selling it off in 3-4 years time.

To me

DC18

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
Since RV is not your concern, then is a easier decision to make. Most of the Swift users have comment on lack of parts.

Maybe you can look at the new Mazda 6 as well.

wmh4141

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

wmh4141

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jan 29 2013, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since RV is not your concern, then is a easier decision to make. Most of the Swift users have comment on lack of parts.

Maybe you can look at the new Mazda 6 as well.

Thanks for your suggestion.

If it is the old Mazda 6, then kizashi is much better in terms of driver's enjoyment, miles per gallon, engine output and size-wise, it is not too big.

I've watched reviews in US, UK and Australia and kizashi is still one of the best driver's cars around where only mondeo is better.

DC18

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (wmh4141 @ Jan 29 2013, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your suggestion.

If it is the old Mazda 6, then kizashi is much better in terms of driver's enjoyment, miles per gallon, engine output and size-wise, it is not too big.

I've watched reviews in US, UK and Australia and kizashi is still one of the best driver's cars around where only mondeo is better.

is the new mazda 6 which do share DNA with mondeo suspension.

but the choice is urs...........i personally do like the kizahi. as usual ppl look at the badge

best to get max discount as possible

wmh4141

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

wmh4141

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jan 30 2013, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is the new mazda 6 which do share DNA with mondeo suspension.

but the choice is urs...........i personally do like the kizahi. as usual ppl look at the badge

best to get max discount as possible

Thanks for the 2 links and as you suggested, I'll try to negotiate for the max discount possible.

DC18

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:25 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (wmh4141 @ Feb 2 2013, 06:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the 2 links and as you suggested, I'll try to negotiate for the max discount possible.

Considering is even colder than a ford here, maybe squeeze discount of at least 15k an above. Year make 2012?

CCongrats u will be the first owner here.

hotnyh

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

hotnyh

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Kizashi owner here from across the Causeway.
Bought a used one here; non sport version.
Urban FC 9.5-9.8km/L. Can improve to 11km/L if doing expressway drives.
Excellent handling of course. Size is not an issue for me. A 6 footer can sit behind me comfortably.
So far issues are minor. CVT droning at lower speeds- quietens down at higher speeds- is my main peeve. Tyre is an odd size here 235/45R18. May have problems getting an exact match when I change tyres in 2 yrs time.

There are apparently 50-60 units on S'pore roads. Rare enough that I might not see another one for 2-3 months.
Bought it because it was at an excellent price compared to any similar age Toyota/ Honda. The price was comparable to the smaller Altis and Civic, yet I get a bigger car with more equipment and more space.

Warranty over here is 5 years.