Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Teana 2.0

• Please log in to reply

ARSENAL04

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:02 AM

ARSENAL04

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
guys(teana owners),
its been a year since i got my car..
so far no prob..
my ex bos got 2.5 early 2011..
so far no prob..
just drove his car from png to kl in massive 12 hour jam..
am regretting not buying the 2.5.. silky smooth..

but im quite happy with the 2.0..

what i want to know really is wether any of u facing any major probs with the car?
just so i can be prepared..
i really like the car and want to keep it for many more years.
any good advice will be appreciated..
The heart wants what the heart wants!!!

headstrong

sacheah

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

sacheah

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
Hi Arsenal04,
I owned a 2.5. Been owning it closed to 5 months now. So far so good. I finally undertsand also what it means by a refined ride. Here are some inputs to your questions, all are minor issues actually but just for the sake of sharing and hope to learn from others as well
- After my second service, the engine vibrates more than usual, I lost rpm during idle and lost power overall. Brought back to TC, they ran the CONSUL II diagnostic and found a list of electrical/electronics issues (1 red and multiple yellows) and took about 3 hours to fix them all. For normal service they dont run the diagnostic but would recommend at least for the first time service to request them to run it to clear all warnings or errors which might be there. No issue after that
- Have some creaking sound (I may have sensitive ear as well) in the center console but about a months plus ago but somehow it's gone hence the ride is really quiet now.
- Car alarm somehow sounded out of no reason. Good thing it's no frequent and there's an auto off feature which will turn it off after about 30 mins. Will need to send to cobra for checking soon. TC wont be able to do anything.... found this funny
- Have issue with the climate control initially but after toying with it for some time able to figure out how it works. My previous Slyphy at 25/26C will be very cold already regardless of day or night however it's not so for the Teana. They thing to check is the outside temp, if outside temp recorded by the car is 26C for example and you set the AC at 26C (or higher of course) then warm air will come out. The difference has to be set at least 2-4 degrees lower than the outside temp recorded in the car for cold air to blow. Just my observation, others may observed differently ...

Other than that everything is working fine. The car looks nicer as time pass, the simple and yet not too bold design kinda grows over time. Like the VW Passat design, it's evergreen.

QUOTE (ARSENAL04 @ Nov 1 2012, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys(teana owners),
so far no prob..
so far no prob..

what i want to know really is wether any of u facing any major probs with the car?

mym123

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

mym123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
QUOTE (ARSENAL04 @ Nov 1 2012, 02:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
guys(teana owners),
so far no prob..
so far no prob..

Been use the 2.0 for the past 10 month... Its my workhorse for daily seremban-kl-seremban drive and already clocking more than 35k km....
Really treasure the comfort ride and good gas mileage.... But the continental cpc2 is quite noisy.... Will change to better tyres when the times come...the standard sound system need to be upgrade as well...the service interval should be every longer than existing 5k km.... Need to service the car every month (5k km).....

tigerm8n

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:57 AM

tigerm8n

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
how much is the offer by Nissan now for Teana 2.0?. for year end car....or should i wait for 2013 car, any offer then?.

jflee169

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:41 AM

jflee169

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts
Dear all,

thanks for sharing your ownership experience of nissan teana regardless 2.0 or 2.5. I received my car last month, but only managed to do town driving. Wife is driving the car during weekday, and I only managed to touch it during weekend.
Already did 1,000 km service and did complain about the alarm beep under hot sun. The SC readjusted the bonnet switch, and hopefully it solve the issue. During 1,000 km service, paid extra RM 100 for semi-syn engine, Castrol Magnetic.
So far no complain about the car, but wife felt some knocking on the front right side. I didn't feel anything.
As expected, the 2.0 is not a "torqueky" car. Overall satisfied with this car.
So far I only did polish, clay and wax on the car when received the car within a week.

Hope to meet teana owners in PJ.
JFLEE

tigerm8n

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

tigerm8n

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
seriously, no one is reading about Nissan Teana?. should i go for it Teana 2.0 or Camry 2.0 or Honda 2.0?.

how much is Nissan Teana going for it for year end car?.

mym123

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:51 PM

mym123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
QUOTE (tigerm8n @ Nov 6 2012, 03:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
seriously, no one is reading about Nissan Teana?. should i go for it Teana 2.0 or Camry 2.0 or Honda 2.0?.

how much is Nissan Teana going for it for year end car?.

Teana is for comfort, camry for its resale value or brand loyalty and accord is for sporty... U yourself should know better what u want....
Different salesman from different TC Branch will give different discount... U should go and shopping around for that matter yourself...good luck smile_tongue.gif

jayraptor

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:02 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
To check any of you posted actual FC, the US Consumer group tested result with similar engine that are more advanced and even new CVT could serve as guideline that the Teana should not exceed these FC claim due to its heavier weight, less aerodynamic chassis and less advanced engine.

US Sentra 2.0L with EGR and lighter kerb weight of 1300kg:
city : 27mpg = 11.5km/L
highway : 34mpg = 14.5km/L

Skyline aka Infiniti G25 advanced 2.5L V6 engine with valve lift + higher end 7-speed CVT gearbox:
city : 20mpg = 8.5km/L
highway : 29mpg = 12.3km/L

You put my username with teaser, that means you indirectly encourage me to come. Don't blame me. In Japan, the Teana was discontinued due to low demand and competition from Skyline aka Infiniti G25 that is way better in all expect yet it is internationally perceived car with high passing score on safety, quality, NVH, performance and handling.

With Teana's heavy kerb weight and less aerodynamic chassis + less advanced engine, it should get 1-3mpg less than the FC result achieved by US Sentra and Skyline Infiniti G25 as speculated.

lks3011

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

lks3011

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 10 2012, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To check any of you posted actual FC, the US Consumer group tested result with similar engine that are more advanced and even new CVT could serve as guideline that the Teana should not exceed these FC claim due to its heavier weight, less aerodynamic chassis and less advanced engine.

US Sentra 2.0L with EGR and lighter kerb weight of 1300kg:
city : 27mpg = 11.5km/L
highway : 34mpg = 14.5km/L

Skyline aka Infiniti G25 advanced 2.5L V6 engine with valve lift + higher end 7-speed CVT gearbox:
city : 20mpg = 8.5km/L
highway : 29mpg = 12.3km/L

You put my username with teaser, that means you indirectly encourage me to come. Don't blame me. In Japan, the Teana was discontinued due to low demand and competition from Skyline aka Infiniti G25 that is way better in all expect yet it is internationally perceived car with high passing score on safety, quality, NVH, performance and handling.

With Teana's heavy kerb weight and less aerodynamic chassis + less advanced engine, it should get 1-3mpg less than the FC result achieved by US Sentra and Skyline Infiniti G25 as speculated.

Hahaha, you really untutored, when people here plan to buy Teana, they want is Comfort and Class, not FC
You still not up to this level, you won't know what we need, with your useless strategy, it won'€™t help to increase your Korea car sales.
Sure you not from marketing dept., pls go back and work hard not talk hard, don't buat malu here...
Please go talk with your NAZA marketing, why Forte have 2 version , talk with yourself, why you choose Kosong?

mym123

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

mym123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
QUOTE (lks3011 @ Nov 10 2012, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hahaha, you really untutored, when people here plan to buy Teana, they want is Comfort and Class, not FC
You still not up to this level, you won't know what we need, with your useless strategy, it won'��t help to increase your Korea car sales.
Sure you not from marketing dept., pls go back and work hard not talk hard, don't buat malu here...
Please go talk with your NAZA marketing, why Forte have 2 version , talk with yourself, why you choose Kosong?

Yup... Agreed ... Comfort is my main criteria in buying his car... However i am very satisfied in getting average mileage of 14km/l on mixed town n highway driving ( RM100.00 of Ron 95 getting me abt 750km)..... So do i care abt US figure given by Jay....no way!!!! We are talkin ab real people who really own the car and share their experience.....what big deal if Teana phase out in Japan??? Japan traditionally in the market for small kawaii car not big car like Teana....