Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Top Overhaul

• Please log in to reply

wyntm

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

wyntm

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
I was quoted RM4500 to do top overhaul to my 308T. Change timing chain, open up and clean, and to fix a few other related items... can't recall what. Are these charges too much? Sadly no more warranty...

Also, anyone knows if the PCV cap for the return hose can be obtained from Peugeot here?

pianoman

Posted 08 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

pianoman

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
QUOTE (wyntm @ Aug 8 2012, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was quoted RM4500 to do top overhaul to my 308T. Change timing chain, open up and clean, and to fix a few other related items... can't recall what. Are these charges too much? Sadly no more warranty...

Also, anyone knows if the PCV cap for the return hose can be obtained from Peugeot here?

Why would you want to do a top overhaul for your 308T? Your car should be max 3-4 years only. Engine problem?

wyntm

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:32 PM

wyntm

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
Super knocking, engine shake like it's going to die when it is in "D" and stationary, loss of power, oil leakage, sounds like a motorboat at high speeds, sounds like a diesel engine at initial movement from zero.... fantastic.

hakimi79

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (wyntm @ Aug 9 2012, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Super knocking, engine shake like it's going to die when it is in "D" and stationary, loss of power, oil leakage, sounds like a motorboat at high speeds, sounds like a diesel engine at initial movement from zero.... fantastic.

Bro why u didnt extend warranty last time?

Lot

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

Lot

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

where is the oil leakage ? very curious. FYI I know nothing of new PUG engines. your cars age is still relatively 'new' for a top end overhaul.

with regards to your parts enquiry, try Asli Auto (Google). I bought parts from them when I owned a dino pug.

And then there is Euromotive Autoparts KL (Facebook), no idea about them. Sorry.

There are a few conti chop shops in town, you can try them.

chargerguy

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (wyntm @ Aug 8 2012, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Which shop u went to ? U might wanna scout around to check on the pricing.

1 cent

wyntm

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

wyntm

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
QUOTE (hakimi79 @ Aug 9 2012, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro why u didnt extend warranty last time?

When I wanted to, I was told that I couldn't and there was not such offer that time.

QUOTE (Lot @ Aug 10 2012, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where is the oil leakage ? very curious.

Can't recall exactly what the mechanic said but somewhere near the turbo hose it seems.

QUOTE (chargerguy @ Aug 10 2012, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which shop u went to ? U might wanna scout around to check on the pricing.
KS. Was told today even the turbo needs to be serviced... thr are metal flakes inside.

1 cent

azbro

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Probably you are running on 3 cylinders....change spark plug first...or the spark plug coil...not everything need to do top overhaul

nuggyn

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Aug 11 2012, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably you are running on 3 cylinders....change spark plug first...or the spark plug coil...not everything need to do top overhaul

overhaul still not solving the prob....change car. to a toyota please.

strange that his mechanic recommend top overhaul. wonder what diagnose/testing was done prior to that recommendation.
maybe need to change mechanic.

my 1997 ZX...still do not need to do any top overhaul yet.

hereticbar

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (nuggyn @ Aug 11 2012, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
overhaul still not solving the prob....change car. to a toyota please.

strange that his mechanic recommend top overhaul. wonder what diagnose/testing was done prior to that recommendation.
maybe need to change mechanic.

my 1997 ZX...still do not need to do any top overhaul yet.

We are talking about cars here, not electronic appliances on wheels. sleep.gif