Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Starter Problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

neonlee

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
Bro Razpower had tested drive my rex during last tt and he complaint to me why my car so hard to start .
It was caused byu started bearing worn off , i had serviced my starter today with replace bearing and carbon brush now.. my started sound very fine and start up is very easy.

r3xt0n

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ May 3 2012, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Razpower had tested drive my rex during last tt and he complaint to me why my car so hard to start .
It was caused byu started bearing worn off , i had serviced my starter today with replace bearing and carbon brush now.. my started sound very fine and start up is very easy.

Do you feel the car shake a bit when starting before servicing your Starter? Shot any photo if can DIY servicing the starter?

neonlee

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ May 3 2012, 09:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you feel the car shake a bit when starting before servicing your Starter? Shot any photo if can DIY servicing the starter?

No vibration , just hard starting , no photo.. sent to wireman to do the job..smile.gif

tsleong67

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:33 PM

tsleong67

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ May 4 2012, 10:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No vibration , just hard starting , no photo.. sent to wireman to do the job..smile.gif

If there is vibration during starting, the engine mounting is broken and need to be replace.

r3xt0n

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (tsleong67 @ May 4 2012, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If there is vibration during starting, the engine mounting is broken and need to be replace.

Nope, not the kind of vibration that due to engine mounting. Both my engine and transmission mounting is replaced new. It is like the kind of shake when you piss. hahahahah

rex4585

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:24 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
In the old days when my old diesel cars has difficulty starting in that the starter turns slowly,
I will send it for a service of the starter motor. Can really feel the difference. My old Rex had the starter serviced when I first bought it as it was lazy. Till now still very willing to turn fast.

kenny4744

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

kenny4744

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
hi bro

encounter a problem, anyone can help me solve

if i leave my rex unattended for a few days and i start the car the engine will die after
about 30second after starting, seem like the fuel is not going into the engine.
but after restarting again (sometimes it take 2 to 3 cranks to start the car )
it get back to normal

any one hv solution for this problem. it happens after i ask ah seng to wash my fuel line (from tank to diesel filter)
and change my diesel filter and prim pump

tsleong67

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

tsleong67

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
QUOTE (kenny4744 @ May 11 2012, 02:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi bro

encounter a problem, anyone can help me solve

if i leave my rex unattended for a few days and i start the car the engine will die after
about 30second after starting, seem like the fuel is not going into the engine.
but after restarting again (sometimes it take 2 to 3 cranks to start the car )
it get back to normal

any one hv solution for this problem. it happens after i ask ah seng to wash my fuel line (from tank to diesel filter)
and change my diesel filter and prim pump

I think there is leakage on the check valve inside the prime pump. Fuel slowly leak back to the fuel tank and cause some air to be trap in the fuel line. You can try to prime the pump before starting to check if the engine will stop after 30second. Also check all fuel connection to made sure it is tight.

kenny4744

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

kenny4744

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
Thank for the solution.
How can i know if the fuel pipe is leaking. Is the hose from Tank to Filter High pressure or Low pressure.

kenny4744

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

kenny4744

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (kenny4744 @ May 11 2012, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank for the solution.
How can i know if the fuel pipe is leaking. Is the hose from Tank to Filter High pressure or Low pressure.

Hi All Bros

After replacing my warned out Priming Pump everything is back to normal.

Look out for wear and tear of the priming pump. Maybe we should press it one in a while. For mine I only notice that my pump is crack when i change my filter. It was too late. I have to bypass the primping pump using a fuel hose due to part inability from PG.