Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga Blm Fl Flx Rear Drum Brake Knocking Sound

• Please log in to reply

dabdab

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
saga blm fl flx rear having an organised knocking sound in rear drum when brake towards stopping. and it happened to some persona too.

Nabworld

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

Nabworld

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
ya mee too...my mechanic said its the drum shoe thats causing the knocking...he said wont affect the braking..so i can wait til service time to claim....aparently its common....mine its from rear left....

dabdab

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (Nabworld @ Feb 24 2012, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya mee too...my mechanic said its the drum shoe thats causing the knocking...he said wont affect the braking..so i can wait til service time to claim....aparently its common....mine its from rear left....

i ve been to the sc. what they did was they grind and smoothed out every end of the shoes pad (flattened that angular end of the shoes pad with some amount of shave quite radically. and its been my day one after they did it, drive the car hard, warmed the brake up, brakes at different mode ,hard as well as gently. im so happy the problem has gone.

this is the sample picture that the process of what it could be best described is 'chamfered'
http://www.nhua.co.u...ages/shoe-2.jpg (image from internet not mine)

later we discuss about that ,and likely to agree that it might be the part (shoes' lining) made by vendors is slightly out of its specification. ,,, every shoe linings suppled to proton.
. this problem is passed to SC to solved and time consuming for CS, we hope that vendor to more responsible in this.

dabdab

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:44 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Feb 24 2012, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i ve been to the sc. what they did was they grind and smoothed out every end of the shoes pad (flattened that angular end of the shoes pad with some amount of shave quite radically. and its been my day one after they did it, drive the car hard, warmed the brake up, brakes at different mode ,hard as well as gently. im so happy the problem has gone.

this is the sample picture that the process of what it could be best described is 'chamfered'
http://www.nhua.co.u...ages/shoe-2.jpg (image from internet not mine)

later we discuss about that ,and likely to agree that it might be the part (shoes' lining) made by vendors is slightly out of its specification. ,,, every shoe linings suppled to proton.
. this problem is passed to SC to solved and time consuming for CS, we hope that vendor to more responsible in this.

day 2,
drive my car.
everything's perfect , problem has gone.

dabdab

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Feb 26 2012, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
day 2,
drive my car.
everything's perfect , problem has gone.

day 17.
that knocking noise come again. as i suspect it the first place , 'imperfect drum shape'
so next drum need replacement.
my last attempt .
ill report it to every body weather its a success or not

jflcorp

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Mar 12 2012, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
day 17.
that knocking noise come again. as i suspect it the first place , 'imperfect drum shape'
so next drum need replacement.
my last attempt .
ill report it to every body weather its a success or not

I tell you, Proton has got problems with their supplier Sapura. Just make sure next round, they actually change it. But in order to change it, they need to call the Sapura guys down.

dabdab

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ Mar 14 2012, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tell you, Proton has got problems with their supplier Sapura. Just make sure next round, they actually change it. But in order to change it, they need to call the Sapura guys down.

apparently the problem has gone. maybe it due to the rust in the inner drum + not so perfect drum that caused the knocking came back due to my car was park outside in the rain for a whole day, the rust is its culprit. but now no longer. the main contribution that partly solved the problem is chamfering the end leading of the brake shoes or lining.

but i will proceed with a change of newer drum.
or firstly,for experimentation i will flip drums left to right ,right to left to see the effect.
if the ,if the sound change to the other side ,so clear that its the drum,,

so 2 problems here.
1-shoes
2-drum

(will sapura take this comment positively,?? I INSIST THE DRB SHOULD AND WILL TAKE PROPER MEASURE TO CORRECT THEIR VENDOR. DONT LET VENDOR STEP ON BOSS HEAD. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PROFESSIONALISM.)

eddievh

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

eddievh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
so, are your problem solve? Or still got knocking sound?

wcl1988

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

wcl1988

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Feb 24 2012, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
saga blm fl flx rear having an organised knocking sound in rear drum when brake towards stopping. and it happened to some persona too.

Mine also have knocking sound....need to go back SC again...haih

dabdab

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:15 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (eddievh @ Mar 23 2012, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so, are your problem solve? Or still got knocking sound?

generally the knocking sound has gone after chamfering, but still got that cit cit cit sound, i suspect its a drum now.