Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford Focus 2012

• Please log in to reply

333pinko

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

333pinko

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (jameshy @ Jan 7 2013, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having my FoFo for a week! No regret on the choice!

Compare with my driving experience with Kia K5 and Mit lancer Sportback

1. FoFo NVH is good. Can hear rear tyre noise but still under my acceptable limit. On this price range, I believe FoFo NVH is among the best, especially compare with Japan/Korean make car. The Kia K5 is having louder real tyre noise, but Mit lancer Sportback is the worst. Maybe there is no NVH department inside Mitsubishi car factory.

2. FoFo accelaration is good but having difficult to maintain high speed go uphill with full load of 5 adults. Tested on weekend, drove all the way on LEKAS Highway, need press harder to go up the slope. No issue on Mit Lancer Sportback. Lancer Sportabck is always pushing me to go faster. And Kia K5 is really slow in accelaration with a heavier body weight.

3. FoFo steering feedback is good but sometime feel quite unreal. FoFo cornering is good but Mit Lancer Sportback provide more solid feel. It's fun while driving Lancer Sportback cornering the road with high speed. (occassionaly lah!)

4. Seating comfort/interior feel - Kia K5 interior design look normal in broucher, but when seating on it, it provide everything in ergonomic way, easy to handle on the buttons and the looks "premium" for me. Seating comfort is good. Kia K5 a good car for family, or executive but not for someone who loves 'fast and furious'.

FoFo looks small on seating but in actual fact the seating comfort is not far than Kia K5. The legroom is shorter but the actual body width is not far than Kia K5. No complaint from 3 adults sitting in the back with high speed along the Lekas highway

Compare with FoFo and Kia K5, Mit Lancer sportback with stiffer suspension leads to least comfortable level for real passengers. But who will care with rear passenger sitting in the back while speeding with Mit lancer sportback. smile_tongue.gif
Feel pity with my son sitting at the back while speeding along Lekas Highway with lancer sportback.

5. eye-catching level on the road. Kia K5 design is gorgeous. Always eye-catching while driving/parking on the road. The look of FoFo titanium sedan is so ordinary on the road. I should take FoFo Sport + candy red in the 1st place. The looks of Mit lancer sportback is good especially the front nose. For me, the looks of Mit Lancer sportback is forever green.

6. Ownership. I'm not talking the resales value here but the feeling of ownership. I will not miss Kia K5 if release to 2nd car market. I will miss most if sell my Mit lancer sportback.

Do you think is worthy to put 13k more for the + version of sport or titanium?

jameshy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

jameshy

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
[quote name='333pinko' date='Jan 7 2013, 07:19 PM' post='1846278']
[/

The Bliss system + auto parking assist are the plus point for me to pay extra 13k.
But Active city stop feature is quite useless in kl traffic.

333pinko

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

333pinko

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
The Bliss system + auto parking assist are the plus point for me to pay extra 13k.
But Active city stop feature is quite useless in kl traffic.
[/quote]
I don't think you will find many situation, in real life, where you can use the park assisted. 13k is still a lot of money for me. the city stop instead is an interesting feature, if works could safe you few bucks in certain stop and go...but 13k still too much

TheGunner

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (333pinko @ Jan 7 2013, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My personal opinion is that the RM115k standard versions suffice for most needs.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

333pinko

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

333pinko

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jan 8 2013, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My personal opinion is that the RM115k standard versions suffice for most needs.

Agreed...

Breadman

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jan 8 2013, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The engine, gearbox, wheels/tyres, sound system and a host of other important features are the same. This should satisfy many prospective buyers.

Moreover, a 13k saving could easily mean the loan tenure being shortened by one year. smile.gif

"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

jameshy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

jameshy

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Hi Breadman,
How's your feeling with FoFo now after driving more than 1 month?

Breadman

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (jameshy @ Jan 8 2013, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Breadman,
How's your feeling with FoFo now after driving more than 1 month?

Actually I got the car in Oct 2012. So it's already three months. Already paid three installments. smile_big.gif

Except for a recent drive to Ipoh (observing the speed limit) and back it is mostly city driving for me. Although given enough road the car can achieve a decent top end these cars are build with very usable mid range torque for the city and for cruising. You can feel the engine pulling strongly from 2000 rpm and up the gears.

For fear of getting a speeding ticket I have only pushed the car to 140 and in very brief spells.

The faults in the car are: water entering the third brake light, USB port stopped working. I will have them fix it during the first service at 10,000 km.
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

jameshy

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

jameshy

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
Hi Breadman, thanks for sharing your experience.
On my side, no much issue except a slight jerking when slow moving 20km/hr in traffic. For me, it is still acceptable.
Fuel consumption is good too. Average 7.7l/km with 70% highway drive.

flee

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
QUOTE (kamikaze2 @ Dec 20 2012, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Btw, I find my car has some rattling sound somewhere at the dashboard but could not identify.
How do I go about this ? Send to SC for check at 10,000km service or just go and ask them to rectify ?

For troubleshooting, it is better to send it in during weekdays. They don't troubleshoot during weekends.

This sounds like something to do with windscreen installation - might not be properly installed. Get SDAC to check it and they should fix it under warranty.
Regards,
Flee