Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Good Cleaner For Mud

• Please log in to reply

eohl79

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:35 AM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
Hi guys, has anyone used any particular good cleaner/wash/AIO for mud which requires minimal or no scrubbing. thinking of using it mainly for my bike and sometimes car tires and arches.

A friend of mine presented to me a product from Australia called CT18 which people there use to clean trucks. It is enivro friendly, Ph neutral and seems safe to use. Tried a dilution ratio of 20ml to 500ml water. Tried it on my bikes tires by spraying all round and slightly more on caked mud. Left it there for around 10 mins and rinse off with a low pressure hose. Found it amazing as most of the mud washed away pretty easily without a scrub. So far I love this product the most to date.
Chemtech CT18

I am also eye-ing DG431: Truck and equipment wash and DG462: Ultimate orange. Anyone use any of those two products on mud before? DG462 seems to be the choice.

Tried Optimum power clean before. Can't dilute down as much as CT18 and kind of expensive.
Tried "Kuat harimau" before... but not that effective. Also damages my bikes paint work...
Tried Permaglass car shampoo before... but very weak for mud.

Main reason for trying to avoid scrubbing is to prevent wearing down of my bike tire side walls besides being lazy/tired... Also dont want to use power washer due to the hassle of setup and the possibility of the water jet pushing pass bearing seals, etc.
Will post a pic to show the CT18 results later.

KrisMas

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
Try a degreaser - Meg's Super Degreaser or Osren Degreaser Fx. But you'd need to watch out for those parts with grease/oil as it would remove some of those as well. Been working well for me on tires, wheel arches, underbody, etc.

vr2turbo

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,487 posts
When the chemical is strong enough to remove whatever without scrubbing, means it is pretty strong stuff, so should be handled with care..... smile_tongue.gif

eohl79

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Aug 23 2011, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try a degreaser - Meg's Super Degreaser or Osren Degreaser Fx. But you'd need to watch out for those parts with grease/oil as it would remove some of those as well. Been working well for me on tires, wheel arches, underbody, etc.

Meg's super degreaser is OTC product? Where to get the Osren stuff? Price? Always looking into cost effectiveness also. If I go riding two to three times a week, end of month sure broke from spending so much money on the cleaners. smile_blackeye.gif I'm not too worried about the oil/grease being stripped but just hope that nothing goes into the bearing seals. Mainly for cleaning up mud caked tires. Might be good for the 4x4 or trucks too.

QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 23 2011, 11:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When the chemical is strong enough to remove whatever without scrubbing, means it is pretty strong stuff, so should be handled with care..... smile_tongue.gif

Couldn't agree more. That's why I go for PH neutral stuff if possible and no SLS. Wear chemical resistant nitrile gloves during the wash too.

vr2turbo

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,487 posts
Talking about bearing, once I use petrol to clean some oil stains in the engine and some got into the pulley bearing and after a few days got grinding sound come out, so send to mechanic, confirm bearing gone..... smile_blackeye.gif

spirit36

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:09 AM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (eohl79 @ Aug 23 2011, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys, has anyone used any particular good cleaner/wash/AIO for mud which requires minimal or no scrubbing. thinking of using it mainly for my bike and sometimes car tires and arches.

A friend of mine presented to me a product from Australia called CT18 which people there use to clean trucks. It is enivro friendly, Ph neutral and seems safe to use. Tried a dilution ratio of 20ml to 500ml water. Tried it on my bikes tires by spraying all round and slightly more on caked mud. Left it there for around 10 mins and rinse off with a low pressure hose. Found it amazing as most of the mud washed away pretty easily without a scrub. So far I love this product the most to date.
Chemtech CT18

I am also eye-ing DG431: Truck and equipment wash and DG462: Ultimate orange. Anyone use any of those two products on mud before? DG462 seems to be the choice.

Tried Optimum power clean before. Can't dilute down as much as CT18 and kind of expensive.
Tried "Kuat harimau" before... but not that effective. Also damages my bikes paint work...
Tried Permaglass car shampoo before... but very weak for mud.

Main reason for trying to avoid scrubbing is to prevent wearing down of my bike tire side walls besides being lazy/tired... Also dont want to use power washer due to the hassle of setup and the possibility of the water jet pushing pass bearing seals, etc.
Will post a pic to show the CT18 results later.

avaiable locally? sound a good product for lazy people like me... smile_thumbup.gif

eohl79

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Sep 2 2011, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
avaiable locally? sound a good product for lazy people like me... smile_thumbup.gif

I got my bottle for free... it is widely available in Australia and used to wash truck/bus. Heard some of the local pro bike shops here are carrying it at RM50 per 1L bottle. I think half the price is Aust. In concentrate form it is like gel - hence the ability for higher dilution ratio. I am currently doing 25cc to 500ml water that is 1:20 ratio. PH neutral so I think is safe for paint but unsure on effects to LSP.

Attached is my before and after with minimal scrubbing with C18. Spray on, leave for 10-15 mins, spray off and let dry... Have not tested with a variety of mud/gunk yet.

Will test against Megs/Osren/DG products once I get hold of them. Will do a comparison later.

vr2turbo

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:43 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,487 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Sep 2 2011, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your Aero industry no such chemical??...... smile_wink.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,487 posts
QUOTE (eohl79 @ Sep 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got my bottle for free... it is widely available in Australia and used to wash truck/bus. Heard some of the local pro bike shops here are carrying it at RM50 per 1L bottle. I think half the price is Aust. In concentrate form it is like gel - hence the ability for higher dilution ratio. I am currently doing 25cc to 500ml water that is 1:20 ratio. PH neutral so I think is safe for paint but unsure on effects to LSP.

Attached is my before and after with minimal scrubbing with C18. Spray on, leave for 10-15 mins, spray off and let dry... Have not tested with a variety of mud/gunk yet.

Will test against Megs/Osren/DG products once I get hold of them. Will do a comparison later.

Reading your mention on washing trucks, DG have a few range of cleaners, from APC, Ultimate Orange to Truck cleaners.... smile_tongue.gif

g88

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Aug 23 2011, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Talking about bearing, once I use petrol to clean some oil stains in the engine and some got into the pulley bearing and after a few days got grinding sound come out, so send to mechanic, confirm bearing gone..... smile_blackeye.gif

very panai smile_wink.gif