Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Freed

• Please log in to reply

volvos40

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:07 PM

volvos40

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
I bought a Honda Freed recently. It handles kampong road very well and really suitable for city and the traffic jam.
I am quite happy with it.

But when i drive it after driving my Camry i feel it is lacking in grunt or rather making too loud engine revving noise when driving uphill. The feeling gets worse after i drive another car, a Mercedes e240.

The e240 is the best refined performer for me But the nephews and nieces love the Freed the most!! Sometimes, they don't want to get out at home!

What can I do to reduce the engine noise intrusion when accelerating? Please

smile_thumbup.gif

ycfoo

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
may be try to drive it like a 1,500cc car? smile_thumbup.gif

lionelstep

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
Check with Service Centre if you are allowed to install something which can shield the engine bay compartment noise without voiding the warranty.

yeong

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:21 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
Freed like Jazz/Yaris is inflated product by T & H here. With ur expectation u shld hv consider real-deal like 5008/G-Scenic etc. smile_thumbup.gif

wongdaniel

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:19 AM

wongdaniel

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Honda is second clarse car Toyota awalys better!
我愛夏日長

cikgulah

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

cikgulah

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
smile_cool.gif
QUOTE (lionelstep @ Aug 16 2011, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check with Service Centre if you are allowed to install something which can shield the engine bay compartment noise without voiding the warranty.

SC pun kadang2 not well also. lastly, warrnty burn. so, pls check veteren mekanik to get bit info how to solve ...

wur4774

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

wur4774

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
If anyone bought honda freed pls install bodykit, whether mugen, zeus, modulo etc sure will be a head turner

sunyatsen

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (volvos40 @ Aug 16 2011, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought a Honda Freed recently. It handles kampong road very well and really suitable for city and the traffic jam.
I am quite happy with it.

But when i drive it after driving my Camry i feel it is lacking in grunt or rather making too loud engine revving noise when driving uphill. The feeling gets worse after i drive another car, a Mercedes e240.

The e240 is the best refined performer for me But the nephews and nieces love the Freed the most!! Sometimes, they don't want to get out at home!

What can I do to reduce the engine noise intrusion when accelerating? Please

smile_thumbup.gif

Just stick some soundproof materials around the vehicle. As for engine noise, soundproof at the engine bay and behind the dashboard are ideal. Any accessories shops can do that. KL Auto is good but be prepared with lots of $$$$$ and poison. smile_big.gif

Popcorn

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (sunyatsen @ Nov 30 2011, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just stick some soundproof materials around the vehicle. As for engine noise, soundproof at the engine bay and behind the dashboard are ideal. Any accessories shops can do that. KL Auto is good but be prepared with lots of $$$$$ and poison. smile_big.gif

Sunyatsen,
Nanti the Sinka-len Jaycraptor will tell people his Forte is the quietest and Best Car in the World!
Anyway, for a small family the interior layout of the Freed is quite practical though bit pricey..
Cruiser

jayraptor

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:39 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Nov 30 2011, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sunyatsen,
Nanti the Sinka-len Jaycraptor will tell people his Forte is the quietest and Best Car in the World!
Anyway, for a small family the interior layout of the Freed is quite practical though bit pricey..

Popcorn and MikiMao,

Why not you tell the forumners here that your Sylphy 2.0L could achieve 14km/L in city traffic beating almost any B and C segment with smaller engines. Or you want to invite edthrax here to say his X-Gear without VVT yet tuned to generate 150Nm@4400rpm with vehicle weight of 1160kg + 4AT gearbox could achieve 15km/L.

Let's see what they'll say. Other forumners, if you wanted to know more, please check their comments on N brand thread. Their gang members been claiming exaggerated FC claim that could beat even hybrid and diesel powered engines.