Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Audi Tt 2007 Japan Spec

• Please log in to reply

danial1975

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

danial1975

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi All,

Its my first time here and in need of an urgent assistance. I am looking to buy an Audi TT, recon, Japan spec from an importing dealer.
What i found about this particular car is its milage is very low, at around 5,000+ miles. I am impressed though as the sales man says that they buy these cars on Japanese auction. For whatever reason the previous owners sold beats me.

Firstly, i have some worries here and hope i can get a good feedback from anyone with knowledge on this particular model of this brand. Its going to cost my a wallop RM200k but i don't want to be left with a cheese when and if i do take ownership regardless if i buy from them or somewhere else.

1. Like everyone else, what do i need to look for from a recon Japan spec car such as this Audi TT?

2. Looking at this silver colour car, i found that the driver's door is not quite the same as it looks kinda out of shaped as i closed the door, the lines do not match nicely, just a mm off here and there but to the eye it does not look nice, its just the contour of the body is slight ruined. I will either assume that the door is being used so often and after a while it closes properly but not align with the body. Or my worst is it may have had an accident in Japan. I just cant tell but judging on my heart i feel this is an accident car on the door and nothing major.

3. Can the japan spec car be converted to English as the voice system and GPS as well as controller are in Japanese and if so who can do this and what is the cost?

4. Is it preferable to buy a Japan spec car or go for the UK?

Any ideas and comments is most welcome.

Bengong

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (danial1975 @ Jun 27 2011, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

Its my first time here and in need of an urgent assistance. I am looking to buy an Audi TT, recon, Japan spec from an importing dealer.
What i found about this particular car is its milage is very low, at around 5,000+ miles. I am impressed though as the sales man says that they buy these cars on Japanese auction. For whatever reason the previous owners sold beats me.

Firstly, i have some worries here and hope i can get a good feedback from anyone with knowledge on this particular model of this brand. Its going to cost my a wallop RM200k but i don't want to be left with a cheese when and if i do take ownership regardless if i buy from them or somewhere else.

1. Like everyone else, what do i need to look for from a recon Japan spec car such as this Audi TT?

2. Looking at this silver colour car, i found that the driver's door is not quite the same as it looks kinda out of shaped as i closed the door, the lines do not match nicely, just a mm off here and there but to the eye it does not look nice, its just the contour of the body is slight ruined. I will either assume that the door is being used so often and after a while it closes properly but not align with the body. Or my worst is it may have had an accident in Japan. I just cant tell but judging on my heart i feel this is an accident car on the door and nothing major.

3. Can the japan spec car be converted to English as the voice system and GPS as well as controller are in Japanese and if so who can do this and what is the cost?

4. Is it preferable to buy a Japan spec car or go for the UK?

Any ideas and comments is most welcome.

first...get the chasis number / VIN number...and search the web...maybe you can find something....

if you feel something with the car...avoid the car...

Bengong

ycfoo

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:59 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
if u can try to get a UK spec Audi... as it is the closest to Malaysia spec. also never trust the ODO meter... all this can be adjust by the local dealer...

DSAI

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:56 AM

DSAI

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 750 posts
itu milage boleh adjust ma...saya pun boleh buat....
a new hope...