Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

3m Tinting - Group Discount

• Please log in to reply

madrazcbr

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

madrazcbr

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
QUOTE (kbheng @ Mar 6 2013, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just want to share that I have done 3m Crystalline + security film. Personally I think its quite bad . This two film overlap each and I can see many dust and some tiny things stuck in between. It can see clearly from windows. After redo again, it is better but still not up my expectation. A bit regret to choose 3M.
Llumar diamond is better choice but I just don't like greenish color and not as dark as 3M.

I have been using 3M in my ex-407 and also my current 508 and I found it is better than Vkool ... to good that I have to use Vkool for windscreen as using 3M not able to detect SmartTag and also my parking card ...

In your case it is the workmanship that is not good not 3M ... my 1 cent

kbheng

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

kbheng

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
QUOTE (madrazcbr @ Mar 7 2013, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have been using 3M in my ex-407 and also my current 508 and I found it is better than Vkool ... to good that I have to use Vkool for windscreen as using 3M not able to detect SmartTag and also my parking card ...

In your case it is the workmanship that is not good not 3M ... my 1 cent

Not exactly sure, but so far my front and rear windscreen is OK. My problem is only on 4 side windows because of that security film.

bearuang

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

bearuang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
For me, i used it in July 2009 on my 407. It lasted for only 2 years. Either the guy who installed it wrongly or the product is below quality level. The film burned my rear screen which it creates a blur vision on my rear screen.

Have to scrape it out and use other alternative prodict for the whole car.

Bearuang