Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Exora Bold Engine Sound Question

• Please log in to reply

ckwg

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
Hi All,

I got my new exora bold CFE a few weeks ago. This is my first time driving an MPV.

I noticed that when I start my engine, put in the reverse brake, but still hold on to the brake pedal (i.e. car not moving, gear in reverse already), I can hear the engine sound coming from the left side dashboard, something like 'woom...woom...woom...woom' (repeatitive, like something oscillating). Once I release the brake (car starts to move), or if I put into neutral gear, then the sound will gradually fade away.

Is this something i should be concerned of? Is it normal?

I suspect is sound from torque converter?

Regards,
CK

chien

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

chien

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Proton got a call care center. smile_tongue.gif

wuu

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

wuu

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
QUOTE (ckwg @ Feb 2 2012, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I got my new exora bold CFE a few weeks ago. This is my first time driving an MPV.

I noticed that when I start my engine, put in the reverse brake, but still hold on to the brake pedal (i.e. car not moving, gear in reverse already), I can hear the engine sound coming from the left side dashboard, something like 'woom...woom...woom...woom' (repeatitive, like something oscillating). Once I release the brake (car starts to move), or if I put into neutral gear, then the sound will gradually fade away.

Regards,
CK

There could be turbo pressure cut in into cylinder without any lockup with torque converter..it seems the ECU didnt tell the turbine pressure not to work at the moment.

Might be the design is like that . Turbo all round even in reverse gear. Still thinking to get this MPV though afraid of the turbo not properly fit in and programmed.

Something to check with OBD to find out the error while putting gear in R...then will see what s problem. If not, the design is like that !

ntc2000

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
Hi All,

Regards,
CK

i didnt notice that woh.

dabdab

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
Hi All,

Regards,
CK

once i drove friends flx cvt . put reverse before the engine is up to operating temperature and its sounds like so. maybe the system is trying to maintain the idle repeatedly in conjunction with the load given by the transmission when the engine is still cold. vom vom is safer than voooooooom that it might push or surge the car or extra effort on brake.

just guessing. the right answer should be well explained by proton engineer somehow.

ntc2000

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:01 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
anyone got this kind of problem.... some of the member got this sound when start engine.

so far 2 CFE kena alr... still cant figure out wat happen?

mine dont have this sound.... touchwood.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Gunnerzz

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Feb 7 2012, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone got this kind of problem.... some of the member got this sound when start engine.

so far 2 CFE kena alr... still cant figure out wat happen?

mine dont have this sound.... touchwood.

http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Seems like something is touching. It sound only during starting which means it only rub against each other during the engine vibration at start up. Sound scary....hehe.
IMHO not hard to solve.
Doesn't sound like steel though.

leongts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
I don't hv Exora CFE but that really sound like engine oil starvation. This sound only appear when I have left my engine unused for a week or so. When cranked after a week, my 4G92P will sound like that too. After adding Lubegard 2weeks b4 recent CNY, don't hv recurrence anymore.

ntc2000

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (leongts @ Feb 7 2012, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't hv Exora CFE but that really sound like engine oil starvation. This sound only appear when I have left my engine unused for a week or so. When cranked after a week, my 4G92P will sound like that too. After adding Lubegard 2weeks b4 recent CNY, don't hv recurrence anymore.

after chg lub also same problem... SC mech still cant find the real cause.

chargerguy

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
Out of curiosity, I watch the youtube and I personally think that the starter motor does not kick back fast enuff right after starting...sad.gif

1 cent

Cheers