Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Buying Singapore Car

• Please log in to reply

Randychuah

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

Randychuah

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
Hi all, i came across this fella, selling cars at crazy cheap prices and the cars are those that are supposed to be sent to scrap (according to tht fella)

i want to know how true is it ?

what are the legal implications that might occur?

i totally understand that the car will not be under my name, but the price is crazy, which i think is worh buying even if its nt under my name (eg: honda civic FD 1.8 for RM20k only ??)

the seller told me road tax and number plate is valid and legal, so no problem. only thing is no insurance.

What you guys think ar? ?

btw, those cars will carry a singapore plate

The Malaysian Tarantula Society

http://www.mtsociety.com

p/s its a real "Tarantula" society, not the Tarantula Sound system stuff

VinPetrol

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:04 AM

VinPetrol

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (Randychuah @ Jun 27 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, i came across this fella, selling cars at crazy cheap prices and the cars are those that are supposed to be sent to scrap (according to tht fella)

i totally understand that the car will not be under my name, but the price is crazy, which i think is worh buying even if its nt under my name (eg: honda civic FD 1.8 for RM20k only ??)

the seller told me road tax and number plate is valid and legal, so no problem. only thing is no insurance.

Stolen cars? I was offered RM40k brand new latest Honda Accord 3.5.

bOROi

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:54 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Not clear, the cars are Spore registered....now your fella, is he selling the car to you with the car still in Spore and you have to make the arrangement to bring into Malaysia or will he do that??? Whoever brings in will have to have an import permit so if he has done it before let him show you his previous permit and get details and contact nos of his previous buyers for you to check, if this is a first time for him, beware.......If it is cash and carry and the car is in Spore, then you will have to get your own import permit....do you how you are going to do that? And if the car is already for scrap obviously you will not be able to drive it freely in Spore.
Myah United Rules!!!!

V406198

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts

Very obvious that the fella wanted to conned you...the way his offer you is just like "loan" his car to drive in malaysia but without any legal documents & insurance in malaysia as you are not the legal owner and also the car not in legal status if any thing happen....and you can't drive this car back to singapore again as it is already invalid in singapore registration as it is suppose to re export or scrap.... so by trying to re enter to singapore you & the car will be retain by authority.

FYI singapore registed car are not allow to import to malaysia, the only way to bring it the car is by half cut condition...those singapore reg car are suppose to be scrap/re export by year 5 or 10 all depend how much value rebate you want it from singapore gorvement...the longer time you keep the less $ you get back...

i'm was in your similar situation that found a good running cond volvo S60R that never sold it in malaysia and further more the owner had spend nearly S$15K on modification and asking price are only S$9K for export..since can't get local AP for it so i decided take it as half cut in whole and later to total transplant in to a local used S60 2.0t...that will legalize my inverstment.
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

SplitFire

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:10 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts

Illegal. They sell it to you, then report lost in Singa-Land then claim insurance. Many case already, especially those reaching scrap condition. We called these cars as "Aeroplane Cars".
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

V406198

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jul 1 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Illegal. They sell it to you, then report lost in Singa-Land then claim insurance. Many case already, especially those reaching scrap condition. We called these cars as "Aeroplane Cars".

Wooaaa...aeroplane car ! can fly a ?....hehehe smile_clown.gif

2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

limking

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:40 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Agreed . Personally came across one .That one had a massive mods on the engine and ended in some garage for illegal race .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

bOROi

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:06 PM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

If you buy the car in a legal way, with proper documentation and proof of payment....as I see it, you as a buyer may have problem bringing in the car..... but to say that the seller will then report lost and claim insurance....so simple ah???? They could be charged for trying to cheat the insurance company. I dont think the Spore authorities, insurance companies and police are that gullible to fall for this trick......
Myah United Rules!!!!

SplitFire

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:00 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ Jul 3 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you buy the car in a legal way, with proper documentation and proof of payment....as I see it, you as a buyer may have problem bringing in the car..... but to say that the seller will then report lost and claim insurance....so simple ah???? They could be charged for trying to cheat the insurance company. I dont think the Spore authorities, insurance companies and police are that gullible to fall for this trick......

Thats why now Singa-Land insurance claim on lost vehicle very very difficult. My fren Mitsu Lancer lost near Tum Aminah takes 2 yrs to claim. During that period still got to serve his hire-purchase loan of S$500 per month. And the amount you claim back is a definite lost.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

NohadT5

Posted 10 July 2009 - 01:27 PM

NohadT5

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
Out of curiousity, can we keep a SG car long term in MAL?

The reason is becos once u hv become a SG PR, u can't drive a foreign registered vehicle in SG.
The problem rises when if stay in MAL but still go back to SG for work or whatever.
NohadT5