Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 207 Vs Ford Fiesta

• Please log in to reply

jcqlim

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

jcqlim

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Pls help me cos I am lost as to which car to buy. Peugeot 207 versus Ford Fiesta??

Kindly do advise urgently.

kenso

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
Have u test driven both? It all starts there

valkjr

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:40 PM

valkjr

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
my vote goes to fiesta 1.gif

alankkwong

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:42 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
Can't compare here laa... we never test drive the Fiesta also.... But what we can tell you about the 207 is that it has auto wipers and auto lights which I think the Fiesta doesn't have... I sat in a Fiesta that day and found that the aircon is manual as well but the 207 has a climate control system with pollen filter. The Fiesta is a little more powerful with 152Nm compared to the 207 147Nm of torque but the 207 could take you further with a single tank of fuel as it has a 50 litre tank compared to the 42 litre tank of the Fiesta. The Fiesta does have the 6 speed auto gearbox compared the the 4 speed of the 207. The Fiesta is also equipt with the ESP/TCS but the 207 only has the ABS/EBD/BA fitted.

Which one is better? Better you go test drive laa... and check your pocket... and then check your heart... see which one you like best...
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

kenso

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Feb 27 2011, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and then check your heart... see which one you like best...

laugh.gif See which one feels cheaper smile_big.gif

carlion

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

carlion

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Feb 27 2011, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
laugh.gif See which one feels cheaper smile_big.gif

FIESTA looks and feels good!

swinee

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:45 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
fiesta i would say a better choice..newer and stylish design compare to 207...
in terms of powertrain and transmission fiesta also wins hands down..TI-CVT & Powershift
space for both car are about the same
safety features fiesta is more well equipped and also achieve a better result in NCAP
and interms of drivability fiesta proven worldwide it is a decent car smile_blush.gif

SA6YEuro

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:50 PM

SA6YEuro

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts
Heres some quick comparisons. I assume we are talking bout the top of the range Fiesta vs 207.

Fiesta vs 207
6 speed dual dry clutch vs 4 speed
superb handling vs decent handling
interior is modern but cluttered vs classy but typical
exterior is young and sporty vs clean and matured
decent aftermarket support vs ummmm..... Peugeot Sport?

I d go for the Fiesta for its fun factor and looks. Features are not too far off. I feel the voice control is a good feature to have.
Old horses don't die! They get reincarnated!!

nelsonang

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

nelsonang

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts
LOL. eventhough this is Peugeot forum, I would say Fiesta full spec is a better choice, again back to your budget.
Alan, the full spec Fiesta come with voice command for calling phone and changing Radio frequency. Only disappointing part would be the interior space, too cramp for tall and big frame. And both 207 and Fiesta sedan not really a looker. Fiesta hatch is hot especially in bright colours.

wombok

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:07 PM

wombok

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Feb 27 2011, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't compare here laa... we never test drive the Fiesta also.... But what we can tell you about the 207 is that it has auto wipers and auto lights which I think the Fiesta doesn't have... I sat in a Fiesta that day and found that the aircon is manual as well but the 207 has a climate control system with pollen filter. The Fiesta is a little more powerful with 152Nm compared to the 207 147Nm of torque but the 207 could take you further with a single tank of fuel as it has a 50 litre tank compared to the 42 litre tank of the Fiesta. The Fiesta does have the 6 speed auto gearbox compared the the 4 speed of the 207. The Fiesta is also equipt with the ESP/TCS but the 207 only has the ABS/EBD/BA fitted.

Which one is better? Better you go test drive laa... and check your pocket... and then check your heart... see which one you like best...

smile_thumbup.gif

-RoaR-