Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Check Engine Light On

• Please log in to reply

cfa

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Nov 4 2013, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure lh.
sounds reasonable.how much for using the computer?

Sorry for late response. There was no charge just for the check. Was told that need to dismantle some parts to get the correct part to order and takes all in all about 3 hrs.

As I was busy decided to defer as the problem only comes once a blue moon. Not sure whether worth to fix and also to check with sifus here like you.

Gunnerzz

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Nov 11 2013, 06:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for late response. There was no charge just for the check. Was told that need to dismantle some parts to get the correct part to order and takes all in all about 3 hrs.

As I was busy decided to defer as the problem only comes once a blue moon. Not sure whether worth to fix and also to check with sifus here like you.

I went through flash flood b4 with my waja.mind u mine is 1.8 and
i know i should have not even attempt it but i had to reach home to get my
precious sleep time.

next morning its jerking all the way.knowing that its due to some component
getting wet i just drive it off for few days and then its back to normal.

cfa

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Nov 4 2013, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro, send my Car to my regular mechanic and they used a gadget to hook up to my Car to do a scan.

After few minutes, called me over and showed me that the scanner detected a 'Throttle Control Sensor error'.

Does makes sense, when the light lit up my car showed loss of power and sometimes, when I crank, the car cannot start and I have to crank and step on the throttle at the same time, then only the car fires up.

Was quoted parts and labour, RM300. Is it reasonable?

I changed my Throttle Pedal sometime in Nov and for about RM280 and it was okay for about 1.5 mths. Now the problem comes back intermittently especially during Traffic Jam.

Took it back to my regular mechanic who adviced me to take back to Proton to do a scan to make sure that there is nothing else wrong. Proton SC did a scan and showed me something like " 'Throttle Control Low Circuit" and also told me that my Radiator Fan was faulty and not spinning and could be contributing to the error.

Changed my Radiator Fan motor at Proton SC although it was more costly and now, when I switch on my Air Cond, its much colder,

But today, again, the problem happened again, heard a 'pop' from the dashboard / engine bay and the 'check engine' light appeared.

Could this be engine knocking?