Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2010 Hyundai Tucson (showroom Visit)

• Please log in to reply

Kevin

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (kswei @ May 7 2010, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't imagine if most of this buyer when car was delivered and found that it does not have the electronic driver seat for the 2.0 high specs.. hahaha... what's gonna happen.

Congratulation for your sales and effort to tarnish your HSDM and Hyundai's Image.

I understand that most, if not all, outlets have a 2.0 high spec Tucson on display. Surely, the buyers will refer to the actual unit instead of the training kit, brochure, price list, etc. and if there are any discrepancies, they will raise them and the salesman will the confirm that the actual unit will be what the customer gets. Therefore, I don't think there will be a big fuss from customers who booked.

Unless the salesman is a fool and says that the customer follows the brochure!!!

budiman888

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:08 PM

budiman888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ May 7 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Received a reply answer from one of the Sales Manager (disclosed).
Not yet receive any from Hyundai Malaysia HQ yet...

---
to: Me........... <me.........@gmail.com>
date: Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM
subject: Re: 2010 Hyundai Tucson brochure and Fliers - Consumer Complain
mailed-by: hyundai.com.my

hide details 5:45 PM (18 hours ago)

Thanks for the heads up. HSDM has in fact, work on all necessary amendment from our end.
All brochures handed out from XXX Sales Branch, was indeed amended with a proper sticker stick over the brochures.

Regards,

Sales Manager

Hyundai Sales
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
------------------

it really unfair to customer who just booking the 2.0 high spec where attract by power seat, the car should come with power seat in order not to dissapoint the customer.

Kevin

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (budiman888 @ May 7 2010, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it really unfair to customer who just booking the 2.0 high spec where attract by power seat, the car should come with power seat in order not to dissapoint the customer.

What power seat? Only 1 page in the multi-page brochure has the error. The main specs sheet at the back states there is no power seat, the actual show car has no power seat.

I think buyers are wiser these days.

Mean

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
QUOTE (Informer @ May 7 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Received a reply answer from one of the Sales Manager (disclosed).
Not yet receive any from Hyundai Malaysia HQ yet...

---
to: Me........... <me.........@gmail.com>
date: Thu, May 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM
subject: Re: 2010 Hyundai Tucson brochure and Fliers - Consumer Complain
mailed-by: hyundai.com.my

hide details 5:45 PM (18 hours ago)

Thanks for the heads up. HSDM has in fact, work on all necessary amendment from our end.
All brochures handed out from XXX Sales Branch, was indeed amended with a proper sticker stick over the brochures.

Regards,

Sales Manager

Hyundai Sales
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
xxxxxx
------------------

Hey!! I also have the brochure that indicates power seat is available on the 2.0 hi spec model. What's next, no panoramic sunroof too?

Can the affected buyers take this matter to Tribunal Tuntutan Pengguna? I once took a maid agency to the Tribunal and only Chinese newspapers were present during the hearing. They even wrote a good article in the paper (which I had to seek help to translate lar). Perhaps some adverse publicity of this sort will teach them a lesson, even if you do not win the case. Go man go!!

I miss my Perdana V6...<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><EM>

1999 c.c. V6 24 VALVE DOHC EFI ABS but no airbags<P></P>

kenso

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:12 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
Whoa, so much hype over a misprinted catalog. I went to the showroom in Glenmarie today (not intentional as I was sending my Avante for service) and managed to get a copy of the catalog that Informer has scanned and posted here. There was indeed errors noted in the catalogs but the SA clarified the errors. Furthermore, newer catalogs seems to have the errors ammended.

I guess owners who could not accept the fact that there is no power seat should just cancel their orders and get their refunds as I do not see this is a strong enough case to bring to court. The company has taken remedy action as soon as the errors are realised. If they just pretend like nothing has happened and continue to produce ads that promises a driver powered seat, then it's a different case.

Anyway, I had the opportunity to test drive the Tucson today! Just dropped by to point out some issues that were not done in my earlier service and noticed a blue Tucson parked outside. I asked my SA if I could take it out for a spin and he said ok. Yippee! Haven't tested any cars for a while now and was very curious to see what this new generation of Hyundai is all about (not to mention this car shares similar Theta II engine with the new Sonata, a car I am most interested to own someday).

The Blue Ice was driven to the front and my SA jumps out before inviting me to the "unpowered" driver's seat. Was told this was a basic model specially flown in from overseas for test drives ... yet it had semi leather seats. Great, more confusion on the specs. SA reconfirms that basic 2.0 does NOT have leather seats. Ok .... let's get this beauty moving. Seating position is higher than a sedan, of course but not as high as some other SUVs, I felt. The leather steering has the right amount of thickness to feel marvelous to hold. The greatest improvement I felt immediately is how weighted the steering is now. Compared to the Avante which is so light, u always get the feeling u're oversteering at each corner, the Tucson's steering is easy to turn yet provides good feedback to the driver. I can imagine driving this car with confidence, even around high speed tight corners.

The route we took had some good long stretches that allowed me to floor the throttle. The low end torque is sufficient to make the car lively but when u do some hard acceleration, I feel the 2.0 Theta II is somewhat lacking. The engine note sounds somewhat rough during hard acceleration but it could be that the engine is still relatively new or what my SA said about the Theta II engine is more performance tuned being true. The gear shifts are pretty seamless though and in all honesty if I`m not in any hurry, I think this would be a nice car to drive around. The suspension seems to be more comfort tuned and the car runs though potholes and bumps with ease ... parking at sidewalks as some 4x4 drivers are wont to do would not pose a problem for this car.

Halfway thought the test drive, I switched places with my colleague who tagged along and was seating behind. The rear seats are really comfortable ... so much better than my boss's new Volvo XC60. Legroom and headroom is excellent and if u opt for the high spec 2.0 or 2.4, u get another sunroof behind, making the car cabin feels much more airier. Comfort level in terms of suspension while seating behind is good.

After about 10 minutes of drive, we went back to the showroom ... it was just a short drive but I'm quite satisfied with what I have learnt about the car. I`ll still wait for my Sonata though ... just a matter of preference for sedans.

P.S: Hyundai is already taking orders for the Sonata ... booking fee is RM2k, expected waiting list is 3 months. Launch date due next month.

ck88loh

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:20 PM

ck88loh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i have visited 3 outlet so far . 1 in kulim , 1 in s.petani n 1 in prai . only the prai one display a 2.0 high spec . i believe most of the outlet does not have 2.0 high spec for display . that's why i said maybe a lot of buyers who have seen 2.0 low spec only might kena TIPU already if they book 2.0 high spec.

3 days after i called to complaint to hyundai directly , still no call/answer from their management ...really really lousy ..

am thinking to take further action to fight for this ..

skcheng

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:28 PM

skcheng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
I really doubt HDSM wanted to cheat people, it could be very likely a mistake of printing the catalogue, for those people who paid the booking for 2.0 high spec can just cancel the booking if the powerseat is so important to them...
too me i prefer to have a nicer dashboard and automatic air con than the powerseat...

budiman888

Posted 08 May 2010 - 10:04 AM

budiman888

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (skcheng @ May 7 2010, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really doubt HDSM wanted to cheat people, it could be very likely a mistake of printing the catalogue, for those people who paid the booking for 2.0 high spec can just cancel the booking if the powerseat is so important to them...
too me i prefer to have a nicer dashboard and automatic air con than the powerseat...

i also went to Peang, just show std spec unit ( without high spec version ) , when i ask the sales guy, the high spec just follow the what product catalog mentioned !! is this fair to customer if book the high spec one.

multipla

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:07 PM

multipla

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ May 7 2010, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa, so much hype over a misprinted catalog. I went to the showroom in Glenmarie today (not intentional as I was sending my Avante for service) and managed to get a copy of the catalog that Informer has scanned and posted here. There was indeed errors noted in the catalogs but the SA clarified the errors. Furthermore, newer catalogs seems to have the errors ammended.

I guess owners who could not accept the fact that there is no power seat should just cancel their orders and get their refunds as I do not see this is a strong enough case to bring to court. The company has taken remedy action as soon as the errors are realised. If they just pretend like nothing has happened and continue to produce ads that promises a driver powered seat, then it's a different case.

Anyway, I had the opportunity to test drive the Tucson today! Just dropped by to point out some issues that were not done in my earlier service and noticed a blue Tucson parked outside. I asked my SA if I could take it out for a spin and he said ok. Yippee! Haven't tested any cars for a while now and was very curious to see what this new generation of Hyundai is all about (not to mention this car shares similar Theta II engine with the new Sonata, a car I am most interested to own someday).

The Blue Ice was driven to the front and my SA jumps out before inviting me to the "unpowered" driver's seat. Was told this was a basic model specially flown in from overseas for test drives ... yet it had semi leather seats. Great, more confusion on the specs. SA reconfirms that basic 2.0 does NOT have leather seats. Ok .... let's get this beauty moving. Seating position is higher than a sedan, of course but not as high as some other SUVs, I felt. The leather steering has the right amount of thickness to feel marvelous to hold. The greatest improvement I felt immediately is how weighted the steering is now. Compared to the Avante which is so light, u always get the feeling u're oversteering at each corner, the Tucson's steering is easy to turn yet provides good feedback to the driver. I can imagine driving this car with confidence, even around high speed tight corners.

The route we took had some good long stretches that allowed me to floor the throttle. The low end torque is sufficient to make the car lively but when u do some hard acceleration, I feel the 2.0 Theta II is somewhat lacking. The engine note sounds somewhat rough during hard acceleration but it could be that the engine is still relatively new or what my SA said about the Theta II engine is more performance tuned being true. The gear shifts are pretty seamless though and in all honesty if I`m not in any hurry, I think this would be a nice car to drive around. The suspension seems to be more comfort tuned and the car runs though potholes and bumps with ease ... parking at sidewalks as some 4x4 drivers are wont to do would not pose a problem for this car.

Halfway thought the test drive, I switched places with my colleague who tagged along and was seating behind. The rear seats are really comfortable ... so much better than my boss's new Volvo XC60. Legroom and headroom is excellent and if u opt for the high spec 2.0 or 2.4, u get another sunroof behind, making the car cabin feels much more airier. Comfort level in terms of suspension while seating behind is good.

After about 10 minutes of drive, we went back to the showroom ... it was just a short drive but I'm quite satisfied with what I have learnt about the car. I`ll still wait for my Sonata though ... just a matter of preference for sedans.

P.S: Hyundai is already taking orders for the Sonata ... booking fee is RM2k, expected waiting list is 3 months. Launch date due next month.

Bro Kenso,

Did u ask how much is the trade in value of your Avante if you opt to take either the Sonata or Tucson?

Kevin

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:43 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
The blue Tucson at Glenmarie is not even a basic model. It is a media car so please don't get the idea that SD is misrepresenting themselves. It is not meant for customer viewing.

If you look carefully, the blue unit even has front parking sensors that all models in Malaysia do not have!