Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Grand Starex Royale

• Please log in to reply

Opositive

Posted 05 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Opositive

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Went by the showroom today, there is a promotion till 311209. Hyundai is offering a discount of upto myr 7,000 (with certain terms of a trade in). I then went through the maintainence and service cost and was pleased to know that it has been halfed. So now it would cost the owner about myr3,200 for full service including labour parts and oil. This is encouraging. The built quality aslo seems much better with the reverse camera mounted nicely (well it still looks like a cheap accesories shop job) but acceptable. Even with all that heavy seats the vehicle feels light on it's feet and there is not much body roll as compared to an unregistered 04 alphard i tested. Engine is responsive and brakes fees adequate. Might just get one now. starting jan 1, 2010, the same vehicle will cost myr10k more as the new CBU AP fees which effect this vehicle will be passed on to the end consumer. So whats new right? This addiitonal myr 10k will be channeled "apparently" into the Bumiputra Automotive Development Fund and is meant to deter bumis who sell the AP and not cars. ohmy.gif

I wonder sometimes what the hell this is all about. Give the AP's to the chinese and indians then, the bumis wont have anywhere to sell them to no? Well, 1 Malaysia.

terencetai

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:08 PM

terencetai

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
QUOTE (Opositive @ Nov 5 2009, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Went by the showroom today, there is a promotion till 311209. Hyundai is offering a discount of upto myr 7,000 (with certain terms of a trade in). I then went through the maintainence and service cost and was pleased to know that it has been halfed. So now it would cost the owner about myr3,200 for full service including labour parts and oil. This is encouraging. The built quality aslo seems much better with the reverse camera mounted nicely (well it still looks like a cheap accesories shop job) but acceptable. Even with all that heavy seats the vehicle feels light on it's feet and there is not much body roll as compared to an unregistered 04 alphard i tested. Engine is responsive and brakes fees adequate. Might just get one now. starting jan 1, 2010, the same vehicle will cost myr10k more as the new CBU AP fees which effect this vehicle will be passed on to the end consumer. So whats new right? This addiitonal myr 10k will be channeled "apparently" into the Bumiputra Automotive Development Fund and is meant to deter bumis who sell the AP and not cars. ohmy.gif

I wonder sometimes what the hell this is all about. Give the AP's to the chinese and indians then, the bumis wont have anywhere to sell them to no? Well, 1 Malaysia.

Bro Opositive & others

if any wants it ,pls pm ur contact number,i know where can get better deal (Klang valley only).
thanks.
Best Regards

Opositive

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:17 PM

Opositive

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (terencetai @ Nov 5 2009, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Opositive & others

if any wants it ,pls pm ur contact number,i know where can get better deal (Klang valley only).
thanks.

+60122895915