Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Can Saab Come Back To Malaysia?

• Please log in to reply

SplitFire

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Jun 29 2009, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
may i kwnow currently do saab/opel dealer exist in malaysia?
i cant find any info on local website..

Previously got Saab show room at Porche Glenmarie.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

lowpro

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:55 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jun 29 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u from eurokar?

DC18,

formerly, yup.

swinee,

now no more saab/open showroom or franchise holder in malaysia. opel left many years ago. their last showroom was in jalan ampang years ago now taken over by nationwide courier i think. saab was in glenmarie with porsche but the showroom is now fully converted to showcase porsche only.

for a while eurokars was handling the servicing for opel too but since they let go of saab, not sure where opel owners go to now. maybe cergazam? i'm not sure about this.
Let's talk about driving again!

swinee

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ Jun 29 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Previously got Saab show room at Porche Glenmarie.

saab/opel showroom closed @ glenmarie..
tat day i pay a visit to them wit a TO LET hanging outside of the gate.. smile_blush.gif

swinee

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:38 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Jun 29 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
swinee,
now no more saab/open showroom or franchise holder in malaysia. opel left many years ago. their last showroom was in jalan ampang years ago now taken over by nationwide courier i think. saab was in glenmarie with porsche but the showroom is now fully converted to showcase porsche only.
for a while eurokars was handling the servicing for opel too but since they let go of saab, not sure where opel owners go to now. maybe cergazam? i'm not sure about this.

i remembered years back..opel was quite hot in Msia especially with the vauxhall..
but now the brand is colder than Arctic..

unfortunately, saab/opel both producing wonderful cars, cant reach our store
really wish some dealers really bring these brand back..
opel insignia/astra smile_tongue.gif

lowpro

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:58 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Jun 29 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i remembered years back..opel was quite hot in Msia especially with the vauxhall..
but now the brand is colder than Arctic..

unfortunately, saab/opel both producing wonderful cars, cant reach our store
really wish some dealers really bring these brand back..
opel insignia/astra smile_tongue.gif

if they come back as cbu, no chance they will survive. the price will be too high and potential customers will prefer to stay with the established brands. last time, the 9-3 was very close to the price of a c200k and the 320i. customers had preferred to go german if that was the situation for them then. opel and saab are sold in singapore but their numbers too are not fantastic. if somebody does the ckd'ing over here, it can be an export hub to singapore, thailand and perhaps brunei too. through afta, the prices could be more attractive.

but for that to happen, opel and saab have to get their house in order first after being sold off by general motors. meaning magna and koenigsegg has to re-start operations in europe before they can consider new markets, especially in the far east like ours. currently, those cars are cbu in asean and are not price competitive. sadly.

DC18

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Jun 30 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if they come back as cbu, no chance they will survive. the price will be too high and potential customers will prefer to stay with the established brands. last time, the 9-3 was very close to the price of a c200k and the 320i. customers had preferred to go german if that was the situation for them then. opel and saab are sold in singapore but their numbers too are not fantastic. if somebody does the ckd'ing over here, it can be an export hub to singapore, thailand and perhaps brunei too. through afta, the prices could be more attractive.

but for that to happen, opel and saab have to get their house in order first after being sold off by general motors. meaning magna and koenigsegg has to re-start operations in europe before they can consider new markets, especially in the far east like ours. currently, those cars are cbu in asean and are not price competitive. sadly.

so still in car industry lowpro?

yup pricing is important and being swede it has to be well equip and attractive price to starve off those german range
even volvo not doing so well this few years.

i like the 9-3 LPT too

lowpro

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jun 30 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so still in car industry lowpro?

yup pricing is important and being swede it has to be well equip and attractive price to starve off those german range
even volvo not doing so well this few years.

i like the 9-3 LPT too

yup. still with the industry and not with any gm brand wink.gif

next, thanks for keeping this thread alive. i know most of the saabers are in the mytrolls site. hahaha, at least got some saab fans in here. i do go to a blogsite which is based in sweden i think to get updates on saab. product line-up today is bleah smile_dead.gif hopefully if there is a comeback, i think eurokars should handle it... but with a completely different team - preferably saab fans! the chairman is a fan but his downliners are not really cut out to handle this brand. the current team have no idea how to sell saab and what is important to saab owners. that is so very sad. they may be able to sell porsche but this is because the car sells themselves.

swinee

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:58 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
volvo also have quite a competitve pricing..but still cant lure customer from the Double B..
imagine u pay 270k for top of the range S80, but others still opt for entry level C-class / bmw3 smile_blush.gif
seems like the scandivans really have a tough time in Msia..
but i think for them to comeback, i think they can try to emulate from how the Korean kia/hyundai taking stride into our market..

well i'm not a fans of saab, but opel smile_blush.gif

lowpro

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:17 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Jun 30 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
volvo also have quite a competitve pricing..but still cant lure customer from the Double B..
imagine u pay 270k for top of the range S80, but others still opt for entry level C-class / bmw3 smile_blush.gif
seems like the scandivans really have a tough time in Msia..
but i think for them to comeback, i think they can try to emulate from how the Korean kia/hyundai taking stride into our market..

well i'm not a fans of saab, but opel smile_blush.gif

opel also ok! great cars. did u know the last vectra that was sold here? it shares the same platform as the current 9-3. but saab had tuned the platform to be more performance biased. basically the components are quite similar.

yeah, i agree. entry level pricing would be good but they MUST also ensure exemplary aftersales service, that which is comparable to at least bmw or benz lah. that way, the customer can really say, they bought an european car at a good price and also have a fantastic time maintaining it.

i think the parts prices are not so much of an issue as long as the customer is taken care really well... like having a drop off service, enough courtesy cars when the service takes more than a day or subsidiselah the car rental. then, the customer service guys must call the customer periodically to ask how is the car and the very least, send birthday cards and r/tax/insurance reminder services for about 3 years. this way, they build rapport with the customer and the customer is more inclined to refer the brand to their friends and will also consider upgrading to another opel or saab when the time comes to change car. most customers who buy these cars are prepared for the higher maintenance costs already anyway.

these are reasons to win back the buying customer. sounds simple but not easy to do. we can see many european franchise holders struggling with their customer service and after sales operations. it really is tough to start right and to maintain it. most start on the wrong footing and this leads to fire fighting all the time.

hey swinee, i thought you were also active in the peugeot thread wink.gif

DC18

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
i like vectra too muscular and nice interior, 2.0 if not mistaken.

those suggestions by lowpro is good but is always the implementation part that fail.
even ford service center sucks with blur service advisor and never call customer to inform of warranty or spareparts.

i guess lowpro u are in marketing or product planning