Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Battery: How To Remove The Plastic Housing To Reach It

• Please log in to reply

kenso

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
Hi all,

As requested by some, I shall attempt to share how to remove the battery housing with the following pictures. Pardon me if some areas aren't clear and I'll be happy to explain. Also, I do not know the name of some of the components (I know, I know, I should have RTFM but too lazy at this point) so I'm just gonna name it as I wish.

First remove the air intake cover

Using a flat head screwdriver, loosen the choke of the air intake hose

Pull to the left or shimmy the hose until it's loose

Remove the air intake plastic

kenso

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:26 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Remove the red plastic that`s on the battery by squeezing the left and right side and pulling it up

Squeeze the right side of the exposed panel underneath the red plastic. Take note there is a catch on the front which I have circled in read. You would need to pull it out a little so that it does not catch.

kenso

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Lift up the entire panel wihtout disconnecting any cables and push it to the right. You can also remove the fuse box cover for more space.

Lift the positive terminal connector

Once all the cables are pulled away, you can then remove the black plastic housing and the negative terminal can be reached. If you want to remove the entire battery, make sure u lift the negative terminal connector first

If you're doing this to install a battery desulfator, make sure the green LED is lit once the unit's cables are secured on the negative and positive terminals before replacing the covers. Check the plastic sleeves of each plastic component that's removed and see how it slides back in. It should be effortless to put them back and if you find urself using lots of force, you're not fitting it properly.

That's it, boys and girls! If done right, reaching the negative terminal can be completed in less than 1 minute. Have fun!

Lechuck

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:01 AM

Lechuck

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 777 posts
thanks Kenso, very informative indeed smile.gif

benfoo

Posted 07 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

benfoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
smile_thumbup.gif

nice walkthru mate.....really nice....gonna hafta bookmark this post for future use....

Andy214

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:15 PM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
bro,

Good post and guide, very informative. Previously uncleD has one guidep but seems his blog already closed for invited readers only. This will be helpful for this in emergency especially.

But maybe you wanna add in the BSI sleep procedure before disconnecting the battery to avoid any possible damage.

The below is a general guide for Peugeot, not sure if the same applies for the 308, but better be safe than sorry, and I think there is something mentioned in the 308 handbook.
http://forum.autowor...showtopic=95128

Method for unplugging/disconnecting the battery:
1. Before unplugging the battery, turn off all gadgets and lights, closing all the doors and unplugging any kind of diagnostic tool. The drivers side window has to be kept open for any kind of requirement.
2. Turn off the ignition and take out the key following which unplug the battery after an interval of
3 minutes.
3. The BSI needs to be taken to sleep mode or Active Economy mode, during which nothing in the vehicle should be operating. Even the bonnet should not be opened that time as it can 'wake up' the BSI if the vehicle has got an alarm installed.
For batteries under the bonnet, the bonnet should be opened and left up before allowing the BSI to go to Sleep Mode. During this 3 minute interval, use of any remote control central locking gadgets for other vehicles should be avoided in the vicinity of the concerned vehicle.

Method for connecting the battery:
The following procedure is for reinstalling the battery connection unless told otherwise by Peugeot or Product service. Failure to follow this procedure may result in damage to the BSI's embedded software during reconnection.
1. All the doors have to be closed with the ignition key turned off and the key taken out.
2. Now without opening the doors, replug the battery and wait for 10 seconds.
3. Turn on the headlights, turn on the engine and inspect the system's functioning.

benfoo

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:55 PM

benfoo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 395 posts
andy,

sorry to hijack this thread for something else but cud u also pin the 3008 owners thread...

thx mate

kenso

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:33 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ Aug 7 2010, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro,

Good post and guide, very informative. Previously uncleD has one guidep but seems his blog already closed for invited readers only. This will be helpful for this in emergency especially.

But maybe you wanna add in the BSI sleep procedure before disconnecting the battery to avoid any possible damage.

The below is a general guide for Peugeot, not sure if the same applies for the 308, but better be safe than sorry, and I think there is something mentioned in the 308 handbook.
http://forum.autowor...showtopic=95128

Method for unplugging/disconnecting the battery:
1. Before unplugging the battery, turn off all gadgets and lights, closing all the doors and unplugging any kind of diagnostic tool. The drivers side window has to be kept open for any kind of requirement.
2. Turn off the ignition and take out the key following which unplug the battery after an interval of
3 minutes.
3. The BSI needs to be taken to sleep mode or Active Economy mode, during which nothing in the vehicle should be operating. Even the bonnet should not be opened that time as it can 'wake up' the BSI if the vehicle has got an alarm installed.
For batteries under the bonnet, the bonnet should be opened and left up before allowing the BSI to go to Sleep Mode. During this 3 minute interval, use of any remote control central locking gadgets for other vehicles should be avoided in the vicinity of the concerned vehicle.

Method for connecting the battery:
The following procedure is for reinstalling the battery connection unless told otherwise by Peugeot or Product service. Failure to follow this procedure may result in damage to the BSI's embedded software during reconnection.
1. All the doors have to be closed with the ignition key turned off and the key taken out.
2. Now without opening the doors, replug the battery and wait for 10 seconds.
3. Turn on the headlights, turn on the engine and inspect the system's functioning.

Nice sharing, bro! This is indeed very important. I wonder if the status of the BSI has a direct influence on fault registration (ie changing bulbs and DRLs)

anek1

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:48 PM

anek1

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13,567 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Aug 7 2010, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lift up the entire panel wihtout disconnecting any cables and push it to the right. You can also remove the fuse box cover for more space.

Lift the positive terminal connector

Once all the cables are pulled away, you can then remove the black plastic housing and the negative terminal can be reached. If you want to remove the entire battery, make sure u lift the negative terminal connector first

If you're doing this to install a battery desulfator, make sure the green LED is lit once the unit's cables are secured on the negative and positive terminals before replacing the covers. Check the plastic sleeves of each plastic component that's removed and see how it slides back in. It should be effortless to put them back and if you find urself using lots of force, you're not fitting it properly.

That's it, boys and girls! If done right, reaching the negative terminal can be completed in less than 1 minute. Have fun!

Well done Bro...
smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

turbokin

Posted 08 August 2010 - 08:11 AM

turbokin

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Aug 7 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

As requested by some, I shall attempt to share how to remove the battery housing with the following pictures. Pardon me if some areas aren't clear and I'll be happy to explain. Also, I do not know the name of some of the components (I know, I know, I should have RTFM but too lazy at this point) so I'm just gonna name it as I wish.

First remove the air intake cover

Using a flat head screwdriver, loosen the choke of the air intake hose

Pull to the left or shimmy the hose until it's loose

Remove the air intake plastic

hey kenso, THANKS! for making the effort and taking the time to share this tutorial.

appreciated! smile_thumbup.gif