Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

308 Owners

• Please log in to reply

alankkwong

Posted 04 February 2009 - 06:11 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (JPM @ Feb 4 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just booked mine at TTDI today. VTI Black. Hopefully, once the loan approved I will be joining u guys! Can't wait to get my 308.

Congratulations... The banks are quite easy nowadays... if your documents are in order... it should not be a problem...
Each bank (branch) have to release RM 3 million car loans a month... This is what I heard from the SA... And nowadays, lesser cars are being bought... So, good luck... I hope I am right..!
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

getlogic

Posted 04 February 2009 - 08:14 PM

getlogic

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 912 posts
does the dealership do trade-ins? at a good price....heard that Naza dealership doesn't do that...
Things will eventually fall into place...so dun worry ya...

alankkwong

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:29 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (getlogic @ Feb 4 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
does the dealership do trade-ins? at a good price....heard that Naza dealership doesn't do that...

My Sonata was assisted to be sold by the SA. Go to Kheng Soon, in Jalan Chan Sow Lin... they can help you as they have helped me...
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

diathermy

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:42 PM

diathermy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
asked TTDI branch. Their trade-in value a bit lower compare to honda. sad.gif

around 4k difference for my current car. I think gonna try other branch and see I get get better deal.

chip73

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

chip73

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts
QUOTE (diathermy @ Feb 4 2009, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
asked TTDI branch. Their trade-in value a bit lower compare to honda. sad.gif

around 4k difference for my current car. I think gonna try other branch and see I get get better deal.

Try used car dealers.....usually they r kinda higher as compared to branches...... wink.gif

getlogic

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:54 AM

getlogic

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 912 posts
yeah.....but nowadays.. used car dealers might not want to take your car in.....

they will either offer you to put your car there for them to sell it off....this info is coming from my fren who is in the business....

Things will eventually fall into place...so dun worry ya...

JPM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

JPM

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Feb 4 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congratulations... The banks are quite easy nowadays... if your documents are in order... it should not be a problem...
Each bank (branch) have to release RM 3 million car loans a month... This is what I heard from the SA... And nowadays, lesser cars are being bought... So, good luck... I hope I am right..!

Thanks Alan. It only took me 5 days to confirm my booking of the 308. I'm quite particular when it comes spending a lot of money on cars. I've been waiting for a year to swap my old car, when both T n H launched their cars with that price tag I feel very obliged. Luckily i was patient enough. For 96k I can conclude the following:

- Design, solid body
- Low fuel consumption (7.3l/100km translate to RM 0.13)
- Lots of tech and gadgets
- EuroNCAP 5 star rating
- spacious interior ( I think the bigger than the 407)
- quite impressive luggage space for a hatchback
- low maintenance cost( thanks vediaz for providing me with the maintenance cost sheet for the 407)[/b][/b]
- growing network of after sales service centre

yes, maybe the second hand value wil be lower than the T n H. But come to think of it I want to enjoy driving...If I want to invest I can always invest in properties. smile.gif

As my friend Vediaz would say " If you think using ur brain buy Japs but if you think using your heart then buy the PUG 308 and enjoy!"

Arghh, still waiting for my loan to approve. Alliance offer 2.81%. I did push my salesman to look for other bankc that provide lower than that. I heard some banks can go as low as 2.7% (not sure). What do you guys get?

khlee23

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:01 PM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (JPM @ Feb 5 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Alan. It only took me 5 days to confirm my booking of the 308. I'm quite particular when it comes spending a lot of money on cars. I've been waiting for a year to swap my old car, when both T n H launched their cars with that price tag I feel very obliged. Luckily i was patient enough. For 96k I can conclude the following:

- Design, solid body
- Low fuel consumption (7.3l/100km translate to RM 0.13)
- Lots of tech and gadgets
- EuroNCAP 5 star rating
- spacious interior ( I think the bigger than the 407)
- quite impressive luggage space for a hatchback
- low maintenance cost( thanks vediaz for providing me with the maintenance cost sheet for the 407)[/b][/b]
- growing network of after sales service centre

yes, maybe the second hand value wil be lower than the T n H. But come to think of it I want to enjoy driving...If I want to invest I can always invest in properties. smile.gif

As my friend Vediaz would say " If you think using ur brain buy Japs but if you think using your heart then buy the PUG 308 and enjoy!"

Arghh, still waiting for my loan to approve. Alliance offer 2.81%. I did push my salesman to look for other bankc that provide lower than that. I heard some banks can go as low as 2.7% (not sure). What do you guys get?

Welcome JPM. Most importantly, you are in an elite group ppl who owned Peugeot 308!! Not that many on the road. The feel good feeling!

Ask Chip73, he got some good car HP interest rate. I think better than 2.7%

Life is short. Seize the day!

JPM

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

JPM

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Feb 5 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome JPM. Most importantly, you are in an elite group ppl who owned Peugeot 308!! Not that many on the road. The feel good feeling!

Thanks khlee23. Wow!!..I'm in the elite group!!..hehe..not yet...wait till everything is confirm that we can plan for TT.

I think 2.7% applies for THP becos banks gives lower int for loan above 100k (considering if d/p if 10% = 11k).

I'm pushing for guddies from my salesman. He did say he will provide tint voucher worth RM200 and some mystery gifts. Anything for you guys?

BTW, i was advised to insure the windscreen bcos the windshield will cost big time if it breaks. FYi, there's sensors located in the windshield to activate the auto wiper and headlights function. Premium will cost additional RM 600. My advice is to get the govt subsidized fuel rebate to pay the extra premium.

chip73

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:49 PM

chip73

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Feb 5 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shhhhhhhh.......not so loud la.....!!!!!!.....hehehehhe tongue.gif