Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 508

• Please log in to reply

wheelz

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

wheelz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ Nov 10 2011, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Almost there...just hope they resolve those nagging issues.

What nagging issues man? Do share...

Btw, for those of us that haven't had a test drive yet, there's 508s available at the COTY show this weekend @ MATRADE Duta.
Carpe diem

thinkerr

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

thinkerr

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
QUOTE (wheelz @ Nov 11 2011, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What nagging issues man? Do share...

Btw, for those of us that haven't had a test drive yet, there's 508s available at the COTY show this weekend @ MATRADE Duta.

Since its on the same prince engine like our 308, I hope we don't have to go through the usual oil leak, battery and depollution sensor issues. I am just waiting to see the 1st batch owner's feedback before I book one.

hakimi79

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ Nov 11 2011, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since its on the same prince engine like our 308, I hope we don't have to go through the usual oil leak, battery and depollution sensor issues. I am just waiting to see the 1st batch owner's feedback before I book one.

confirmed got one. no need to wait. just see the current THP156 models.

thinkerr

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

thinkerr

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
QUOTE (hakimi79 @ Nov 11 2011, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
confirmed got one. no need to wait. just see the current THP156 models.

Haihs...not sure if I want to put myself all the hassle again. But then after driving one, I can't see myself switching back to Japs. VW is another option.

hakimi79

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ Nov 11 2011, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haihs...not sure if I want to put myself all the hassle again. But then after driving one, I can't see myself switching back to Japs. VW is another option.

yeahhh me too in dilemma now..especially after my 308 THP140 enter workshop twice this week for various faults. still not resolved though. smile_disapprove.gif I think japs are much more reliable but sure the 508 will be much nicer car to own & to drive. VW Passat also not a bad choice.

kaminski

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
Just got back from the Matrade exhibition centre and must say that Nasim had without doubt, the most professional set up display area amongst all the manufacturers. Obviously, the 508 was the star attraction with a steady stream of visitors waiting for their turn. I believe they had over 45 test drives with the 508 within two hours of opening. There were also plenty folk test driving the 308 and the 207.Not bad at all considering that it rained most of the morning!
Register for a test drive and then wait your turn in the Air Conditioned test drive waiting area whilst munching on some food and drinks.
If you are driving a Peugeot, park in Nasim's exclusive customer parking area and grab their teepee diesel shuttle down to the main exhibition area, it was running each way every ten minutes or so.
The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

arah9662

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

arah9662

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Interestiing to book 508 ...but need to wait and see...after read so many problems on 308.
Having 407 for 2 years peacefully.. smile_thumbup.gif .

wheelz

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

wheelz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 788 posts

I also had a good (but short) test drive of the 508 today. Had to wait a while as it seems everybody asking for a Pug test drive was going for the 508. After the drive, while reversing into the parking slot, I noticed the reverse sensors not beeping at all.

Turns out the function was turned off (switch in the small compartment to your right on the steering wheel). However, when the SCs were trying to turn it back on, a fault msg came out and somebody had to go grab the PPS to diagnose the issue!

No car is perfect, and if you're willing to pay more (say 250k) you can go into the proper 'premium' category for a better polished ride. The new S60 which I drove today too was very nice but lower specced than the 508.

In summary, my thoughts have been the same when I bought my 407 3 yrs back. In Malaysia, for the price you're paying, the 508 is the best specced car you can get!
Carpe diem

thinkerr

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

thinkerr

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
QUOTE (wheelz @ Nov 12 2011, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also had a good (but short) test drive of the 508 today. Had to wait a while as it seems everybody asking for a Pug test drive was going for the 508. After the drive, while reversing into the parking slot, I noticed the reverse sensors not beeping at all.

Turns out the function was turned off (switch in the small compartment to your right on the steering wheel). However, when the SCs were trying to turn it back on, a fault msg came out and somebody had to go grab the PPS to diagnose the issue!

No car is perfect, and if you're willing to pay more (say 250k) you can go into the proper 'premium' category for a better polished ride. The new S60 which I drove today too was very nice but lower specced than the 508.

In summary, my thoughts have been the same when I bought my 407 3 yrs back. In Malaysia, for the price you're paying, the 508 is the best specced car you can get!

I would say value for money...will test out the Passat before deciding.

kenso

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:54 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ Nov 13 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say value for money...will test out the Passat before deciding.

For the Passat, I still couldn't get over the fact that you're paying an RM190k car and not get full electric seats. Front passenger seats is a joke for such an expensive car