Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 407 Multimedia Console - Not Working Properly

• Please log in to reply

clj08

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:39 PM

clj08

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
Hi

I have a 2009 Peugeot 407 CKD model. Lately seems that the Multimedia central console is not working properly.

It seems to be lagged when touching the screen. It sometimes will go to the function and sometimes it just hang on the main screen. It happen more often now. But after a while, the systems seems to be running back fine.

Anyone have the same problem before? If want to change the unit, i think will cost a bomb, any solutions available?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

vediaz

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

vediaz

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
QUOTE (clj08 @ Apr 12 2012, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

I have a 2009 Peugeot 407 CKD model. Lately seems that the Multimedia central console is not working properly.

It seems to be lagged when touching the screen. It sometimes will go to the function and sometimes it just hang on the main screen. It happen more often now. But after a while, the systems seems to be running back fine.

Anyone have the same problem before? If want to change the unit, i think will cost a bomb, any solutions available?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

Urs is ns5000 or the old one? Either way, no luck... Need to buy new set... Rm5k or so... Tried to source out only the screen... No avail... Unless group buy 100 unit min.... Problem only with screen... Hardware no issue...

Vediaz

MASsenger

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (vediaz @ Apr 14 2012, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Urs is ns5000 or the old one? Either way, no luck... Need to buy new set... Rm5k or so... Tried to source out only the screen... No avail... Unless group buy 100 unit min.... Problem only with screen... Hardware no issue...

Is this a common problem?

The REALdeal

azbro

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

azbro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts
Try massaging the screen with the fingers, especially at the sides.

clj08

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

clj08

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (azbro @ Apr 14 2012, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try massaging the screen with the fingers, especially at the sides.

Mine is the newer model nz5000.
Only the touch screen have problem. Hope can find a screen replacement

clj08

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:50 AM

clj08

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts
QUOTE (clj08 @ Apr 15 2012, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine is the newer model nz5000.
Only the touch screen have problem. Hope can find a screen replacement

Any idea where can repair the screen or replace the touch screen????????

mshiraz

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

mshiraz

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 601 posts
QUOTE (clj08 @ Apr 16 2012, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any idea where can repair the screen or replace the touch screen????????

hi all
yes the naza replacement cost 5k..and i think after 3 years or so something bound to happen at the screen.

mine showing stripes and sometime distorted colors.but function wise ok.

for the 407 that has the taxi meter this shud be no problem if we outsource n buy other models 7 inch screen ie sony or pioner.the hifi shops says they can do the wiring for it to function and yes we can include a module for gps.papago.for garmin only kenwood 7 inch model.

but the standard head unit can be maintaned for us to use the MENU function.only the audio function will use the new 7 inch screen ie pioneer or sony .

and yes the remote control can still be use.but need additional module n rm.

i have yet to install the 7 inch unit due to financial constraint..but the naza's rm5k ? thanks but no thanks!!

why waaste money?

but the 407 that doesnt have the taxi meter i dont know wether this is possible..cos without the naza screen how are u going to display the car menu functions?

m shiraz

MASsenger

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Bro mishIraz, is it possible to install aftermarket GPS on the standard 407. If possible which shop would you recommend.

The REALdeal

vediaz

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

vediaz

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ Apr 18 2012, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro mishIraz, is it possible to install aftermarket GPS on the standard 407. If possible which shop would you recommend.

This is LCD and electronics... after 3 years.. prone to go kaput... same as my bro LCD TV... samsung.. got black spot already... so expect the expected...

Shiraz bro... which brand that you are referring to? So far, not yet found any... the problem with our LCD / console is that it is a separate unit... console (player) and LCD... most player outthere is one unit and slot in... us cannot... unless you want to buy the small one (that fit to our main console) and with retractable LCD display... not so elegant...

me LCD was changed one... lucky naza got rejected screen that time (with lines)... that would do... better than no screen at all...
Vediaz

MASsenger

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Anyone checked out price of the unite in Singapore.

The REALdeal