Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Altis 1.8 With Dual Vvt-i And Cvt Coming To Malaysia?

• Please log in to reply

LS71

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:56 AM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
Recently noted Toyota had lauched their new range of existing Altis in Taiwan, ie beside 2.0, the Altis 1.8 in Taiwan already come with 2ZR-FE (dual VVT-I) engine mated with Super CVT-i gearbox. It seem output of engine has also increased from 132HP to 140HP with petrol consumption improved from 14.9km/l to 18.2km/l. What a imagine figure! The power on 'paper' is now matched with current Civiv 1.8.

However, we just wonder UMW would bring in this model to benefit our Malaysia market based on their historical record here..... not so good thus far as they 've been very 'stingy' for the past, always bring in the model with minimum spec but selling at very premium price. Hope this time UMW would change our perception......

Pls visit the followng link to know more about the Altis 1.8 with dual VVT-i and mated with super CVT-i :

http://mook.u-car.com.tw/article10.htm

vios2000

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:28 AM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (LS71 @ Aug 25 2010, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recently noted Toyota had lauched their new range of existing Altis in Taiwan, ie beside 2.0, the Altis 1.8 in Taiwan already come with 2ZR-FE (dual VVT-I) engine mated with Super CVT-i gearbox. It seem output of engine has also increased from 132HP to 140HP with petrol consumption improved from 14.9km/l to 18.2km/l. What a imagine figure! The power on 'paper' is now matched with current Civiv 1.8.

However, we just wonder UMW would bring in this model to benefit our Malaysia market based on their historical record here..... not so good thus far as they 've been very 'stingy' for the past, always bring in the model with minimum spec but selling at very premium price. Hope this time UMW would change our perception......

Pls visit the followng link to know more about the Altis 1.8 with dual VVT-i and mated with super CVT-i :

http://mook.u-car.com.tw/article10.htm

Bro,
I think it is coming soon but when? only UMW know lah. But I think the indication would be Thailand Altis. If Altis from Thai is equip with the CVT and Dual VVTI spec, then waiting period would not be that long anymore. CIVIC 1.8? Paultan mentioned that HONDA JAPAN has remove the CIVIC model from their website and that may (may only ah!!) indicate new civic is on the way.

So wait for another 2 years and we will spoil with plenty of choice !! smile_big.gif But I wonder how my national pride still keep on selling the CPS engine and Mits AutO 4-speed tranny? is so sad... smile_disapprove.gif

LS71

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:54 PM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Aug 25 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,
I think it is coming soon but when? only UMW know lah. But I think the indication would be Thailand Altis. If Altis from Thai is equip with the CVT and Dual VVTI spec, then waiting period would not be that long anymore. CIVIC 1.8? Paultan mentioned that HONDA JAPAN has remove the CIVIC model from their website and that may (may only ah!!) indicate new civic is on the way.

So wait for another 2 years and we will spoil with plenty of choice !! smile_big.gif But I wonder how my national pride still keep on selling the CPS engine and Mits AutO 4-speed tranny? is so sad... smile_disapprove.gif

Hi, no worry guy. Proton is lauching new Waja in the coming 4Q. This Waja should be hvg same spec with Lancer but selling at abt 90k for 2.0?

For Altis, ready wish UMW would bring in dual VVT-i engine mated with super CVT gearbox. This would give us more choices and give more value to the big sum that we are paying.

altf2

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

altf2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
From the other thread:
QUOTE (hwk @ Aug 23 2010, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my SA told me NEW ALTIS comfirm launch next month, all available 1.6 + 1.8 + 2.0

only 2.0 with 7 speed
1.6 + 1.8 will be 4 speed

ALL are Dual VVT-i

Next month? Next Wednesday already 1st Sept.

If UMW do a facelift, maybe it will be like the top picture:

altf2

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:12 PM

altf2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Wow, I just saw in the toyota website http://www.toyota.co...cifications.dot

The Corolla Altis comes in 4 sophisticated variants Estimated price from
Corolla Altis 2.0V RM131,990.00*
Corolla Altis 1.8G RM122,990.00*
Corolla Altis 1.8E RM112,990.00*
Corolla Altis 1.6E RM105,990.00*

Attached Thumbnails

• New_Altis.JPG

LS71

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:36 AM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (altf2 @ Aug 25 2010, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, I just saw in the toyota website http://www.toyota.co...cifications.dot

The Corolla Altis comes in 4 sophisticated variants Estimated price from

Yes, it is true. As per Toyota website, 1.6, 1.8 & 2.0 variance all come with dual VVT-I engine but only 1.8 & 2.0 mated with super CVT gearbox with lowest gear ratio of 0.411.

Finally seeing UMW doing the right thing for the first time, i.e introduce the local model that hv same spec with oversea models. Good for new and potential Altis buyer but again it is a bit sad for the existing Altis owners. Paying the the same amount of money but not able to enjoy the benefit of the latest technologies which already available before lauching of this Altis abt 2 years ago.

vios2000

Posted 26 August 2010 - 08:52 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (LS71 @ Aug 26 2010, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, it is true. As per Toyota website, 1.6, 1.8 & 2.0 variance all come with dual VVT-I engine but only 1.8 & 2.0 mated with super CVT gearbox with lowest gear ratio of 0.411.

Finally seeing UMW doing the right thing for the first time, i.e introduce the local model that hv same spec with oversea models. Good for new and potential Altis buyer but again it is a bit sad for the existing Altis owners. Paying the the same amount of money but not able to enjoy the benefit of the latest technologies which already available before lauching of this Altis abt 2 years ago.

aiyo what to do I was one of the statistics ! LAst year before the purchase,already knew there is dual vvti but no news, so proceed to take this model. mana tau, 1 year later they bring in my prefer spec. Well, is life..

LS71

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:31 AM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Aug 26 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aiyo what to do I was one of the statistics ! LAst year before the purchase,already knew there is dual vvti but no news, so proceed to take this model. mana tau, 1 year later they bring in my prefer spec. Well, is life..

change car loh if prepared to loss for abt 20k? smile_disapprove.gif

scenic

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Aug 26 2010, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No worries Bro vios2000. Your current Altis is also very good. Resale value is still there. Just check out the resale value of the 9th Gen Altis. Cheers.
director's choice

jayraptor

Posted 27 August 2010 - 10:58 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (LS71 @ Aug 25 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, no worry guy. Proton is lauching new Waja in the coming 4Q. This Waja should be hvg same spec with Lancer but selling at abt 90k for 2.0?

For Altis, ready wish UMW would bring in dual VVT-i engine mated with super CVT gearbox. This would give us more choices and give more value to the big sum that we are paying.

Lancer being rebadged will never happened. P1 shares rose ever since the stunts hoax was pulled. Same thing happened when negotiating partnership with VW. It never happened at the end.

Since Toyota is assembling Altis with dual VVTi in Thailand, that means they'll distribute them to ASEAN region since Thailand is their hub. Will they give us CVT or conventional 5-speed auto gearbox? Looks like Toyota is aware of Korean car & Ford's threat and starting to treat us as customers again. Hope Toyota doesn't set the price too high, else we'll still go to Korean cars that have better overall & value for money.

Predicted that the first to be defeated by new dual VVTi facelifted Altis could be the Sylphy while Civic will face stiff competition. Toyota must not sell higher than the predicted price:

I might consider the 1.8E