Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga Blm

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 22 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rear drums with nut means the wheel bearings are locked in place.

Don't you means brake performance is greatly improved?
For the brakes locking, that is why I don't recommend too strong the braking force.
Aftermarket pads also have many qualities. The ones he is using, Bendix General CT is the lowest in performance. Could be slightly better than OE or at par. But if modding the vacuum servo than at least use the Bendix Titanium..... smile_tongue.gif

TQ for the heads up,i've fixed the typo.

At the current moment, my Yamamoto is good enough.
My BLM cant go fast anyway....

vr2turbo

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:36 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Sep 22 2010, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TQ for the heads up,i've fixed the typo.

At the current moment, my Yamamoto is good enough.
My BLM cant go fast anyway....

No problem. You are welcome.....

That is another reason. Some just want to have very good brakes, changing to bigger rotors, extra big servo but nothing improved on the engine power, so actually no need to go overboard in brake mod.
A good set of pads can improve braking already..... smile_thumbup.gif

dabdab

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:07 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 22 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problem. You are welcome.....

That is another reason. Some just want to have very good brakes, changing to bigger rotors, extra big servo but nothing improved on the engine power, so actually no need to go overboard in brake mod.
A good set of pads can improve braking already..... smile_thumbup.gif

just an opinion, although saga is said slow but they can travel at 120 no problem, its how you drive it, sometimes its driven fast.
its good if be put an uprated brake.
quite dangerously if uprated brakes mated with standard 175/13 or 185/14. slimmer patch might slide easily.
but if we put 195/15. bigger tyre do have bigger inertia to stop. therefore uprated brake i would say ,needed.
wider tyre has lesser to slide due to batter traction. and it can take extra brake power without as easy to slide or lock up as slimmer tyre.

those mods would conclude a safer stopping power. in dry.
in wet, its more on drivers precaution and anticipation for the hazard. - a must.

Gunnerzz

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Sep 23 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just an opinion, although saga is said slow but they can travel at 120 no problem, its how you drive it, sometimes its driven fast.
quite dangerously if uprated brakes mated with standard 175/13 or 185/14. slimmer patch might slide easily.
but if we put 195/15. bigger tyre do have bigger inertia to stop. therefore uprated brake i would say ,needed.
wider tyre has lesser to slide due to batter traction. and it can take extra brake power without as easy to slide or lock up as slimmer tyre.

in wet, its more on drivers precaution and anticipation for the hazard. - a must.

Agreed that it can travel at 120-130 with no problem.Its a great package really.
If u notice,when u pushed it to the limit "correctly" instead of blindly whacking corner the rear will oversteer.
The problem is...there is another proton at my home which is better all around even at 7 years old smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:47 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Sep 23 2010, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, agreed. Mod have to go hand in hand. Even in the wet a good set of 195/15 is better than the 175/13 or 185/14.... smile_thumbup.gif

fredrick99

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:57 PM

fredrick99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 20 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since you already have a bigger brake servo (booster) you braking power should have improved. Just change the pads to the Bendix Titanium. The CT are for normal use.
Why change the brake caliper unless you are going for bigger disc rotor also. No point if you want to keep original size rotor.

Vr2.
Not the caliper only.Wat i mean is whole set + disc rotor.(chop shop quote $5++)
Its the extension bracket (x2) & workmanship that is quite expensive.($5++)
buget low now,so project pending...hehehehe

For me i think changing to another brand of brek pad is not enough for me,maybe
change drilled disc rotor,brek hose.BTW it's going to cost more & still not guarantee better braking power.

Last mon i chase 1 wira from air hitam 2 batu pahat.we went full throttle.
It was fun.His wira pick-up is slightly better than mine.(10-15% more)
I lost 2+ bar of petrol just for that.
While chaseing that day i kind off brek more earlier.I scare to kiss his butt.
I can tell u this BLM front brake is not good enough.

vr2turbo

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (fredrick99 @ Sep 24 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vr2.
Not the caliper only.Wat i mean is whole set + disc rotor.(chop shop quote $5++)
Its the extension bracket (x2) & workmanship that is quite expensive.($5++)
buget low now,so project pending...hehehehe

For me i think changing to another brand of brek pad is not enough for me,maybe
change drilled disc rotor,brek hose.BTW it's going to cost more & still not guarantee better braking power.

Last mon i chase 1 wira from air hitam 2 batu pahat.we went full throttle.
It was fun.His wira pick-up is slightly better than mine.(10-15% more)
I lost 2+ bar of petrol just for that.
While chaseing that day i kind off brek more earlier.I scare to kiss his butt.
I can tell u this BLM front brake is not good enough.

That is the thing. Once you change to bigger rotor and calipers, then a lot of Mod and cost.
Have you thought with bigger rotor/calipers can you still use the 14" rims?? Maybe no clearance and then need to upgrade rims/tyres.... smile_blackeye.gif
If no increase in engine power, a better set of pads works wonders. Next should be bigger servo if that is still not enough....

When the brakes are too good and without ABS, locking the brakes is not good.....

fredrick99

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:14 AM

fredrick99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 24 2010, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is the thing. Once you change to bigger rotor and calipers, then a lot of Mod and cost.
Have you thought with bigger rotor/calipers can you still use the 14" rims?? Maybe no clearance and then need to upgrade rims/tyres.... smile_blackeye.gif
If no increase in engine power, a better set of pads works wonders. Next should be bigger servo if that is still not enough....

When the brakes are too good and without ABS, locking the brakes is not good.....

My is 15" rim.i think max 11" disc rotor + ext bracket,caliper could fit in.(need to test first)
but later.
I 'hv try API ,bendix ct brakes pads B4.now using CT.Bigger servo i think i hv done
that already.My is double layer already.

-If no increase in engine power,a better set of pads works wonders.
(maybe for some cars lah)
For me i think BLM caliper is not good enough.(For me lah)....

fredrick99

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:27 AM

fredrick99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
[quote name='vr2turbo' date='Sep 24 2010, 09:42 PM' post='1607165']

Control Bro.........it's the foot.

Just say someone with ABS hit hard all the way(full brake)
Does the ABS still works.(Hv anyone try this B4)
Care to share?

dabdab

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:57 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
i did experience once, while emergency brake in the wet due to a wrong judgement for the green light. its when i drove a satria gti last time. (ownership for 5 years)
ABS no swerve, and shorter distant stopping. brilliant smile_thumbup.gif
the need for space and extra door, im thinking to be sedate driver, but still i can help my sporting spirit,,now with saga blm for the excitement, i have to tweak here and there.

never experience it in dry. but hen the road surface is wet ABS is the best assistant.

in blm if happened near emergency during wet condition ,repeated pump and release is something a good practice. it comes naturally with your feet which i dont know how it comes about. but when in total emergency i cant promise i can do that.