Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2nd Hand Mazda 5

• Please log in to reply

Mean

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Jun 24 2011, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, visually Estima 'bigger' but physically not... smile_tongue.gif

ZOOM ZOOM...

But i feel estima interior space is much bigger wor.. somehow.. maybe overall length is the same but the front engine bay is shorter hence more space for interior..

I miss my Perdana V6...<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><EM>

1999 c.c. V6 24 VALVE DOHC EFI ABS but no airbags<P></P>

scenic

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Jun 24 2011, 08:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, visually Estima 'bigger' but physically not... smile_tongue.gif

ZOOM ZOOM...

Interior wise, Estima has more space than Mazda 8 lah. Go check out first.
director's choice

Mean

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Jun 24 2011, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how is estima FC? any better than M8?

I miss my Perdana V6...<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><EM>

1999 c.c. V6 24 VALVE DOHC EFI ABS but no airbags<P></P>

ycfoo

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:02 AM

ycfoo

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
QUOTE (cosec @ Jun 23 2011, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Finally, I found a decent Mazda 5 Year 2006 price at 93K OTR. The car is OK in and out as told by my mechanic except the color a bit dim and need 4 new tyres.

My mechanic told maintenance cost for Mazda 5 is quite high as compared to other Japanese car. is this true ? sad.gif

My loan is already approved and I just need to sign the agreement.

Thanks.

May be the mech mean they will bill u higher if u send in for maintence? anyway what's the mean of Maintence here... oil change?

Bengong

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:24 AM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Jun 24 2011, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yup true.... smile_thumbup.gif

but everthing up to buyer preferences..... smile_big.gif

but...because william is working with Mazda...we shall understand his situation.

physically big does not mean big inside...

example...
i can carry home an adult bicycle in mazda 5 with 2nd and 3rd row seat folded..
but you cannot carry an adult bicycle in Naza Ria ,,,because...you cannot fold the seat... fing30.gif

please correct me if i am wrong...i am ok trink39.gif
Bengong

williaml

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:59 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Yes, Estima interior is spacious, but on overall dimension, Mazda8 physically bigger.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

awitgg

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:26 AM

awitgg

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Jun 24 2011, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, Estima interior is spacious, but on overall dimension, Mazda8 physically bigger.

ZOOM ZOOM...

i bought Mazda 5 becoz of rareness! i am fully aware of the price drop because it's mazda... if road handling, i think stream is the best in its calss... so if u afraid of price drop, dont buy a mazda... get exora lah...

Bengong

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:28 AM

Bengong

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts
QUOTE (awitgg @ Aug 21 2011, 03:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i bought Mazda 5 becoz of rareness! i am fully aware of the price drop because it's mazda... if road handling, i think stream is the best in its calss... so if u afraid of price drop, dont buy a mazda... get exora lah...

now no more rare....got a lot already
Bengong

antsng

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

antsng

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I think, i'm a bit late to comment..... I'm M5 owner (jap not the German).
3.8 years of ownership. Have problem with some rubber/plastic kind of thing of the front axle. Make some noise when going over bumps. Have its change during the last month of warranty periods.
Besides that, no major nor minor problem with it. Engine feels good and always have the sense of SPECIAL as its rare.
Seats of the Karakuri its not too good for 3rd passenger. No rear blower are drawback for the M5 before facelift.
Handling are very good for a MPV. The engine noise are great but the road and tire noise intrude (not sure how the Wish or stream does). Tested the NEW SORENTO, the road noise are worst, ride Quality also inferior as compare to my m5.

Power sliding door always impress and very good when your house have 2 cars park side by side.
Maintanence cost..... well.... not as u all think. My local dealers service at less than RM150 for semi oil, oil filter and labor. Well, i dont think its more expansive. So, for the PARTS, i have a minor accident in which i have to change the rear light case. One parts dealer quote RM 860, the next recommend dealer from frens quote RM500 only. So, i think its the case of where u got the parts only.
Then the Q of resale value, come on.... u know its before u buy. Unless its a T or H, others will not have crazy 2nd value. I really wonder why there are so many st****d ppl who buy a 7 years old WISH at rm85k. But overall i think the resale value are not too too bad actually when we sell it ONLINE and not to or thru the dealers. Coz they will always say "ur car not hot worrr....i also dunno how to sell ur car", they quote my car 2008 at rm 75k - 85k, but i see online trader selling at RM96k for a 2007 unit. The 2nd dealer are just choking u so that they can profit more.

Wish to trade in mine for the future CX5 or the coming soon M6 (Shinari) design. So, till next year i shall wait...!!! Hope William can hav some indication of the CX5 pricing, hoping that it will not exceed RM 160k with good spec.

http://www.mazdausa....eCode=CX5#/home

truwitness

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

truwitness

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi William
I got an offer from my friend who's willing to let go his M5 2008 (facelifted) @100K.. it's 4 yrs old, is it a good value? What's current market price for the same model?

Big thnx