Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Camry 2012

• Please log in to reply

selvadt

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:51 PM

selvadt

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
I am planning to get Camry soon but with the launch of the 2012 Camry, has created some confusion.

I have a few questions:
1. The Malaysian (Non-US) Model will only have slight variation in design?
2. When will it be available for booking?
3. The entry level is 2.5L? If this is the case, what about 2.0L?
4. Will the current model be cheaper after the new model launch?
5. Will the hybrid version be launched in Malaysia and when?

Thanks.

teman8778

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:30 AM

teman8778

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
QUOTE (selvadt @ Aug 31 2011, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am planning to get Camry soon but with the launch of the 2012 Camry, has created some confusion.

I have a few questions:

Thanks.

waiting All New Camry (2012) to be launched..
so, the existing Camry's price going cheap
wondering which model to be launched here..

Attached Thumbnails

• camry1.jpg
  • Camry2.jpg
  • camry_3.jpg

swinee

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:00 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (teman8778 @ Sep 1 2011, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
waiting All New Camry (2012) to be launched..
so, the existing Camry's price going cheap
wondering which model to be launched here..

definitely not those..those are the previous US camry.. smile_blush.gif
the 2012 asia version is like this smile_blush.gif

TSIJetta

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:55 PM

TSIJetta

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
Wah, jin ho lioa oh..... smile_thumbup.gif

teman8778

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

teman8778

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
QUOTE (TSIJetta @ Sep 1 2011, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah, jin ho lioa oh..... smile_thumbup.gif

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif very nice!
For Asian market.. the same model in Russia
read this: http://www.torquenew...-business-sedan

teman8778

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:42 PM

teman8778

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
QUOTE (teman8778 @ Sep 1 2011, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif very nice!
For Asian market.. the same model in Russia
read this: http://www.torquenew...-business-sedan

another link abt All New Camry : Russia Variant
http://carguideblog....russia-version/ smile_thumbup.gif

khlee23

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (selvadt @ Aug 31 2011, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a few questions:

Thanks.

Most of you "guess" is related to US version of Camry. And I dun think there are that many can answer your question unless the person work in UMW-Toyota Marketing dept.

I "heard" the 2012 Camry will only be launched in August 2012 in Malaysia!! So postpone your plan to buy a new car as this Camry should be very interesting and attractive.

Life is short. Seize the day!

tenukemas

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:26 AM

tenukemas

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Sep 1 2011, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most of you "guess" is related to US version of Camry. And I dun think there are that many can answer your question unless the person work in UMW-Toyota Marketing dept.

I "heard" the 2012 Camry will only be launched in August 2012 in Malaysia!! So postpone your plan to buy a new car as this Camry should be very interesting and attractive.

Actually u don't have to work in UMW-Toyota to know about this. 2-3 years ago people already knew that the new Camry will be out in 2011 / 2012. U just need to give some effort to do some browsing in the net to get the info.

The common knowledge would be as follow,

1. There are 2 types of Camry; US version (smaller size, that just launched in US, especially for US market) and Japanese version (bigger size, sell at premium market).
2. Japanese version is the so called Camry premium (bigger size) that is sold in Malaysia.
3. Camry premium (JDM) = Toyota Aurion in Australia (most likely the design is done in Australia, please correct me!!)
4. Toyota Camry (JDM) will be launched in Malaysia in Q1 2012.
5. The photo shared by Swinee is the actual new Camry (JDM) that will be launched in Malaysia! I can safely said it is 80% most likely.

stevechew

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

stevechew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (tenukemas @ Sep 13 2011, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually u don't have to work in UMW-Toyota to know about this. 2-3 years ago people already knew that the new Camry will be out in 2011 / 2012. U just need to give some effort to do some browsing in the net to get the info.

1. There are 2 types of Camry; US version (smaller size, that just launched in US, especially for US market) and Japanese version (bigger size, sell at premium market).
2. Japanese version is the so called Camry premium (bigger size) that is sold in Malaysia.
3. Camry premium (JDM) = Toyota Aurion in Australia (most likely the design is done in Australia, please correct me!!)
5. The photo shared by Swinee is the actual new Camry (JDM) that will be launched in Malaysia! I can safely said it is 80% most likely.

80% smile_tongue.gif

swinee

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:05 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (tenukemas @ Sep 13 2011, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmm...actually the current and previous camry MY version is not from JDM version, infact JDM and US version is exactly the same..and ours is from the Aus market..tats y u could see the handsome current camry on the road that area selling so well and yet look elegant to date compared to the Accord which is a bit faded smile_tongue.gif
it is glad to see that and luckily we get hold of the Aus version instead of the fugly and small looking US version smile_blush.gif

but somehow, for the 2012 version, US Toyota decides to have their own model for camry, to suite their american taste more..yeah, they are fighting fiercely to gain back the market shares from the upcoming korean n vw in US..and separated from JDM model, tats y u could see that for 2012 JDM version is not following JDM anymore..so we are going to get the JDM so call asia version..and yet again exterior this model look more elgant than the sporty US version..but for interior wise,US version would get my vote smile_approve.gif