Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

308 Air Con Compressor Spoil

• Please log in to reply

psobh

Posted 26 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

psobh

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
Diagnosed today that my 308 air compressor spoil. The part cost about RM4k plus!,.

Worst part is I called Glenmarie to set an appointment to repair and they told me have to wait until after Jan 10, 2014!!! Asked them why so long, they say got lots of car to repair. Same response with Puchong service centre, have to wait until sometime in Jan.

Balakong is even worst. They asked me to bring in the car to confirm that the compressor spoilt before they order the part. That means I have to go twice!
Another service centre say have to wait at least 21 days for the part to arrive.

This is ridiculous. They open some many service centres but all are so poorly stocked. Useless Nasim!

waja3708

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:58 AM

waja3708

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 477 posts
QUOTE (psobh @ Dec 26 2013, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Diagnosed today that my 308 air compressor spoil. The part cost about RM4k plus!,.

Worst part is I called Glenmarie to set an appointment to repair and they told me have to wait until after Jan 10, 2014!!! Asked them why so long, they say got lots of car to repair. Same response with Puchong service centre, have to wait until sometime in Jan.

Balakong is even worst. They asked me to bring in the car to confirm that the compressor spoilt before they order the part. That means I have to go twice!
Another service centre say have to wait at least 21 days for the part to arrive.

This is ridiculous. They open some many service centres but all are so poorly stocked. Useless Nasim!

How old is your 308?
Mileage?
Former Rides:
Ford Telstar TX5, Proton Waja

Current Ride:
Peugeot 308

psobh

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

psobh

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (waja3708 @ Dec 28 2013, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How old is your 308?
Mileage?

My 308 is about 4 years plus. Bought in 2009.

Mileage is low though.....now only about 40k plus..

ckl050877

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (psobh @ Dec 28 2013, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Based on my experience, you just call customer careline will be more effective compared to service center. All the service centers are out of capacity now which mean they still can have 100% business even if they lose you as customer.

psobh

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

psobh

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Dec 30 2013, 08:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Based on my experience, you just call customer careline will be more effective compared to service center. All the service centers are out of capacity now which mean they still can have 100% business even if they lose you as customer.

Sorry, just to understand better what you mentioned above, how is calling customer careline instead of service centre supposed to help?

Thanks.

rcz

Posted 30 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

rcz

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (psobh @ Dec 26 2013, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Quite true. Even at ebay it is quoted more than USD1000... almost the same price as a cubchai. Gila!!!

ckl050877

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (psobh @ Dec 30 2013, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, just to understand better what you mentioned above, how is calling customer careline instead of service centre supposed to help?

Thanks.

Use the customer careline to push service center. It is the job of careline.

What is the sign before the compressor spoilt? My air-cond is giving abnormal "hoo.." sound. the service center told me that they have checked all the possibility including compressor. I afraif it may happen after warranty due.

jklow123

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:47 AM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (psobh @ Dec 28 2013, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With any 40K+ mileage vehicle where the ac compressor starts failing, i'd sell that car asap to minimise anymore long term loses.
Although the price of the car is highly affordable and tempting, manufacturers use the exorbitant spare parts pricing to slowly suck more money from you in the future.
Note: 2 Proton SCs quoted an Exora owner $600 for front brake pads! Ridiculous.

Breadman

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (jklow123 @ Jan 24 2014, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With any 40K+ mileage vehicle where the ac compressor starts failing, i'd sell that car asap to minimise anymore long term loses.
Although the price of the car is highly affordable and tempting, manufacturers use the exorbitant spare parts pricing to slowly suck more money from you in the future.
Note: 2 Proton SCs quoted an Exora owner $600 for front brake pads! Ridiculous.

Some of them would like to sell as soon as possible but are stuck with a 7 or 9 year loan. Got to top up to settle due to the rotten trade-in price. So they are between a rock and a hard place. Either way also die. smile.gif
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

jklow123

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Jan 24 2014, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of them would like to sell as soon as possible but are stuck with a 7 or 9 year loan. Got to top up to settle due to the rotten trade-in price. So they are between a rock and a hard place. Either way also die. smile.gif

The situation u mentioned above is sadly correct, and nothing extraordinary.
Before buying any Peugeot, VW, Citroen, Alfa, Renault..you shd hv known about the horribly low resale value, especially when the warranty has already expired. Its been like this for generations in Msia where such brands often carry such a stigma. Nothing unusual. My wise customer was shocked with disbelief and fear when his daughter insisted on buying a new 308T (instead of a more practical Vios, City, Civic etc) and now, this retired papa is very busy sending the car to Nassim on a regular basis, and waiting there the whole day for rectification work while daughter is blissfully at work. Sounds so unnecessarily silly to me. Almost like the owner having to serve the car, instead of the other way around.

The actual culprit is the deceptively attractive new car price of Peugeots and VW which made many people instantly push aside Jap cars in that price range (tak de gaya mahh), and just jump into buying probably their 1st ever French or German vehicle. Tempting and quite irresistable but its sad when that initially tempting German or French guy/gal start revealing their true colours, making your life hell.