Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bilstein B14 Pss Suspension Kit For Peugeot 308

• Please log in to reply

hereticbar

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:30 AM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
Finally my Bilstein B14 PSS suspension kit has arrived from Germany. TNT delivered it to me earlier in the evening, I have been waiting for it to arrive for the last couple of weeks. It was delayed because Bilstein ran out of stock for this suspension kit that is specially designed and tested for Peugeot 308. Now all is forgiven. happy.gif

Interesting enough, an employee from Bilstein actually emailed me two weeks ago to explain why the suspension kit was delayed. Pretty good customer service if you ask me. As it turns out, high end low volume Bilstein suspension kits are only produced by their factory during certain months of the year. Unlike for example their original equipment level B4 and mid range B8, these are produced throughout the year. The stock suspension on our Peugeot 308 are Bilstein B4. So on the "Bilstein Scale" this B14 kit it is several levels higher up on the performance chart compared to the stock suspension, let's hope it turns out that way. laugh.gif

To be honest I am excited because this is the biggest modification, performance wise, I am going to do on my car thus far. Going to get it fitted the next time I bring my Peugeot 308 in for its scheduled servicing, which is next week. Planning to start with a lowering of 30mm at both the front and rear, it can go as low as 50mm.

It come very well packed, as I would soon find out.

"Bilstein Technology-Tested on Nurburgring" laugh.gif

I removed two boxes already and the suspension kit is still in a box. A third box.

Finally, can almost see it.

All the components of the suspension kit, those springs sure look very tasty.

deskua

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:52 AM

deskua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (hereticbar @ Dec 3 2011, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally my Bilstein B14 PSS suspension kit has arrived from Germany. TNT delivered it to me earlier in the evening, I have been waiting for it to arrive for the last couple of weeks. It was delayed because Bilstein ran out of stock for this suspension kit that is specially designed and tested for Peugeot 308. Now all is forgiven. happy.gif

Interesting enough, an employee from Bilstein actually emailed me two weeks ago to explain why the suspension kit was delayed. Pretty good customer service if you ask me. As it turns out, high end low volume Bilstein suspension kits are only produced by their factory during certain months of the year. Unlike for example their original equipment level B4 and mid range B8, these are produced throughout the year. The stock suspension on our Peugeot 308 are Bilstein B4. So on the "Bilstein Scale" this B14 kit it is several levels higher up on the performance chart compared to the stock suspension, let's hope it turns out that way. laugh.gif

To be honest I am excited because this is the biggest modification, performance wise, I am going to do on my car thus far. Going to get it fitted the next time I bring my Peugeot 308 in for its scheduled servicing, which is next week. Planning to start with a lowering of 30mm at both the front and rear, it can go as low as 50mm.

It come very well packed, as I would soon find out.

Congrates bro finally ur stuff is arrived, so exciting to see a good stuff sharing from you...... Pls do share out the picture after you install it n see how "handsome" ur lion is....

"Bilstein Technology-Tested on Nurburgring" laugh.gif

I removed two boxes already and the suspension kit is still in a box. A third box.

Finally, can almost see it.

All the components of the suspension kit, those springs sure look very tasty.

icezboy

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:57 AM

icezboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
hmmm nice.....show some pics after you have install it smile.gif

zentra

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:01 AM

zentra

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 386 posts
yes pls Aaron, particularly before/after on how low 30mm will be. Congrats!

hakimi79

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
how much?

icezboy

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

icezboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (hakimi79 @ Dec 3 2011, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much?

hehe that the big question hur ...how much? smile.gif

hereticbar

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (icezboy @ Dec 3 2011, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hehe that the big question hur ...how much? smile.gif

I will have a more detailed write up after I installed the suspension kit. The reviews I have read so far have been pretty positive, looking forward to getting it on my car.

unf0rgiven

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:48 PM

unf0rgiven

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
Keep us informed.

Thinking of installing this baby on a lowered, 18 inch rim. smile_big.gif

pbm

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

pbm

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
My guess for the damage is at least 3k minimum biggrin.gif

Otherwise to get our pug lower by 30mm,

everyday pick up some passengers along your way driving biggrin.gif
Practice safe driving always

icezboy

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

icezboy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
QUOTE (pbm @ Dec 3 2011, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My guess for the damage is at least 3k minimum biggrin.gif

Otherwise to get our pug lower by 30mm,

everyday pick up some passengers along your way driving biggrin.gif

ohhh....i guess it way more than that..... it not like other jap brand it germany...