Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Owner Of Honda Elysion Here?

• Please log in to reply

nikhusni

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

nikhusni

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hai Ely Owners.

My Ely has already clocked at 76k miles...i think its time to do preventive maintenance. Since my Ely is a 3.0 and its engine code is a J30 series, has anyone out there have replaced the timing belt and where does the job done?

I've browsed through ebay and amazon and there are a lot of after market timing belt kit sold merely between USD 100 to 400 USD that inlclude all the parts for timing belt replacement such is tensioner, idler, camshaft and crank shaft seal and the serpentine belt. Most of the brand are GMB, AISIN, KOYO, GATES apart from HONDA etc.

I was thinking of buying online those timing belt kit through ebay or amazon and get the job done at the local workshop. Is it a viable way to do it? Exceptional Auto qouted me with Honda OEM timing belt replacement kit altogether at RM1350 for the parts only. The local workshop estimates around RM300 for the job.

Can anybody enlighten me? tq

nikhusni

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:39 AM

nikhusni

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Dear Ely owners out there especially those using 3.0 engine. Just for record in this forum. The item bought here are full set of timing belt kit Elysion 3.0 which carries the J30 series engine. Herewith are pictures take for the full Timing Belt Set including the Receipts for referrence. Haven't yet change the timing belt.
J30_timing_receipt.jpg
full_timing_set_j30.jpg
IMG_20140123_WA0012.jpg

abugibran

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:04 PM

abugibran

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
hi elysion owners...sifu and guru...

i just found this forum recently. i intend to buy black ely prestige 2.4 with 30K mileage in mint condition. however i have few questions which this forum may be able to help.

1. are service and spare-parts easy and inexpensive compared to estima and alphard?
2. what are the most common problems faced by ely second hand owners?
3. with a pay slip between RM6-8K is it worth to own one?

last week we just come from a week holiday from KL to JB, on the way we spotted 7 elys and one of them was black prestige bearing a nice plate number G1M1 999 in melaka..smile.gif

i am living in gombak and i heard the ely service center is just a stone throw from batu caves.

thank you for your help and kindness. glad to be among you.

abugibran

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

abugibran

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
hi there, ely sifus and gurus, it is me again...forgot to post question no. 4

4. why ely owners prefer non-prestige series and the second hand ely prestige 2.4 is lower than the non-prestige?

tqvm for your help.

ckl050877

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (abugibran @ Jan 28 2014, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi elysion owners...sifu and guru...

i just found this forum recently. i intend to buy black ely prestige 2.4 with 30K mileage in mint condition. however i have few questions which this forum may be able to help.

1. are service and spare-parts easy and inexpensive compared to estima and alphard?
2. what are the most common problems faced by ely second hand owners?
3. with a pay slip between RM6-8K is it worth to own one?

last week we just come from a week holiday from KL to JB, on the way we spotted 7 elys and one of them was black prestige bearing a nice plate number G1M1 999 in melaka..smile.gif

i am living in gombak and i heard the ely service center is just a stone throw from batu caves.

thank you for your help and kindness. glad to be among you.

For your question 3, I have no idea your financial burden but for me, both my wife and me, earn more than your figure but only driving C segment car.

abugibran

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

abugibran

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Jan 29 2014, 08:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For your question 3, I have no idea your financial burden but for me, both my wife and me, earn more than your figure but only driving C segment car.

Dear bro roadwarrior

thanks for your sincere advice.... smile_thumbup.gif
actually i want to buy ely for my parents...smile.gif
I myself drive c segment car too....hehehehe

Regards

mrorange70

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:40 PM

mrorange70

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
Hi everybody and sifus. I'm new here, just registered as an official user smile.gif .

I don't own an Elysion, but I am thinking of getting one. Currently I am driving an odessey. So I already feel itchy to upgrade to an Elysion after seeing many of this MPV on the road. I like the new version, the one with bigger headlamps and front grill (the one called Prestige). But I was made known by some used car salesmen there is no 3.0 engine for the Prestige. There are only 2.4 and 3.5. For many years I have been driving the Odessey 2.4 engine, so thinking of getting a bigger one. So the next option is an used 3.5 engine. Any helpful opinions on the pros and cons about Elysion 3.5, besides the hefty road tax? Thank you very much in advance!

roselan58

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (mrorange70 @ Feb 12 2014, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everybody and sifus. I'm new here, just registered as an official user smile.gif .

I don't own an Elysion, but I am thinking of getting one. Currently I am driving an odessey. So I already feel itchy to upgrade to an Elysion after seeing many of this MPV on the road. I like the new version, the one with bigger headlamps and front grill (the one called Prestige). But I was made known by some used car salesmen there is no 3.0 engine for the Prestige. There are only 2.4 and 3.5. For many years I have been driving the Odessey 2.4 engine, so thinking of getting a bigger one. So the next option is an used 3.5 engine. Any helpful opinions on the pros and cons about Elysion 3.5, besides the hefty road tax? Thank you very much in advance!

Hi & Welcome,

Acquire what you wish for and nothing is perfect. smile_approve.gif

Whatever comes, let it come.

I have no experience about Prestige 2.4 or 3.5 but my ride is a 2004 Elysion Vx 3.0, MUGEN body colour & kits with double MUGEN pipes from the centre. Done more than 220,000 km on the road and counting smile_tongue.gif . I know Elysion 3.0 has VCM and that saves fuel on long distance double save when auto cruise.

Always love the ride and take the challenge when time to repair (let it come).

Regards,

smile_cool.gif

mrorange70

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

mrorange70

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (roselan58 @ Feb 19 2014, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi & Welcome,

Acquire what you wish for and nothing is perfect. smile_approve.gif

Whatever comes, let it come.

I have no experience about Prestige 2.4 or 3.5 but my ride is a 2004 Elysion Vx 3.0, MUGEN body colour & kits with double MUGEN pipes from the centre. Done more than 220,000 km on the road and counting smile_tongue.gif . I know Elysion 3.0 has VCM and that saves fuel on long distance double save when auto cruise.

Always love the ride and take the challenge when time to repair (let it come).

Regards,

smile_cool.gif

wow! bro roselan58, you are really loyal to your ride. and the elysion must be satisfying that you did more than 220k km!

my ride just clocked in at 150k km I'm already looking for a substitution. a salutation to you smile_thumbup.gif

as for the 3.5 elysion prestige, I just have to know things that I would be facing later. things like 'no petrol lower than RON97', 'hard to find parts' such as uncommon brake pads/rotors, air filter, oil filter, etc...

according to the salesman, everything else is the same as the 2.4 which uses the same engine as accord. the only difference is the engine, which is 3.5 V6. but when i asked further about the petrol etc, the salesman was not convincing although he tried to answer my queries. I googled but not much about elysion prestige 3.5. yeah, i mean whoever that has knowledge about the elysion 3.5 do share it, be it good or bad things.

roselan58

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:31 AM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (mrorange70 @ Feb 20 2014, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow! bro roselan58, you are really loyal to your ride. and the elysion must be satisfying that you did more than 220k km!

my ride just clocked in at 150k km I'm already looking for a substitution. a salutation to you smile_thumbup.gif

as for the 3.5 elysion prestige, I just have to know things that I would be facing later. things like 'no petrol lower than RON97', 'hard to find parts' such as uncommon brake pads/rotors, air filter, oil filter, etc...

according to the salesman, everything else is the same as the 2.4 which uses the same engine as accord. the only difference is the engine, which is 3.5 V6. but when i asked further about the petrol etc, the salesman was not convincing although he tried to answer my queries. I googled but not much about elysion prestige 3.5. yeah, i mean whoever that has knowledge about the elysion 3.5 do share it, be it good or bad things.

Bro mrorange70,

TQ, TQ, TQ trink28.gif

smile_wink.gif I highly recommend you to get a Elysion 3.0 !!!! Don't worry about parts or mechanics.

Regards,

smile_cool.gif