Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Exora

• Please log in to reply

neo1point3

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

neo1point3

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (yeongcl @ May 17 2012, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have zero faith with Proton.

My car have been in the COSE for 2 days. yet they have not fix it. Now it have to stay there for another day, it is, it will not able to fix all my complaint, just will solve the engine die problem.

To those who want to buy a car as a mode of transport, stay away from Proton.

Those who want to buy a car just to send to service Center, buy at all means.

No need to be like that lah bro, I am sure many of us here happy with Proton. You unlucky get a lemon unit
Go complaint to icare and consumer tribunal and ask for replacement!

unpro

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:33 AM

unpro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts
QUOTE (neo1point3 @ May 27 2012, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No need to be like that lah bro, I am sure many of us here happy with Proton. You unlucky get a lemon unit
Go complaint to icare and consumer tribunal and ask for replacement!

sometimes I'm not sure what is the real issue with the proton cars.

sure I have knicks and knacks with my Exora, so I just claim warranty from them. The car don't get to sit for days. They just identify which parts were making weird sound, so they just replace.

It must had already cost them few thousand, headlamps, manifolds, suspension, belt tensioners. All these are expensive items.

Car is sent to a 3s/4s whatever proton service center, namely chan sow lin proton service center.

So what model, which service center did you sent yours too? Did you first off all follow their service guide?
Feel the Force Mother!!!

yeongcl

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

yeongcl

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (unpro @ May 28 2012, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sometimes I'm not sure what is the real issue with the proton cars.

sure I have knicks and knacks with my Exora, so I just claim warranty from them. The car don't get to sit for days. They just identify which parts were making weird sound, so they just replace.

It must had already cost them few thousand, headlamps, manifolds, suspension, belt tensioners. All these are expensive items.

Car is sent to a 3s/4s whatever proton service center, namely chan sow lin proton service center.

So what model, which service center did you sent yours too? Did you first off all follow their service guide?

I have an Exora cfe. The problem start at 800 km, 2 Weeks old. I always send to COSE. Until the Sa and engineer also call me by my name now.

The car is 8000km now. It still have the engine dropping rpm whenever it feel like it. The front brake disc is warp, 3 Weeks and they still can't secure the spare parts. Now I having difficulty to start in the morning. Need long crank to start it.

I would say that RM 80k is value for money if the car don't give me problem.

I did ask for replacement car. Of choose I would want the same model and colour. But Proton told me not to bother, it will have the same problem.
Proton? Can or not?

Tourist

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (yeongcl @ Jun 16 2012, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an Exora cfe. The problem start at 800 km, 2 Weeks old. I always send to COSE. Until the Sa and engineer also call me by my name now.

The car is 8000km now. It still have the engine dropping rpm whenever it feel like it. The front brake disc is warp, 3 Weeks and they still can't secure the spare parts. Now I having difficulty to start in the morning. Need long crank to start it.

I did ask for replacement car. Of choose I would want the same model and colour. But Proton told me not to bother, it will have the same problem.

There is no way they will give you a new car. But you can try your luck with requesting for a new engine. And BTW, put everything on paper (including the request for new engine) so that there will be a paper trail for future claim/references. My 2 sen.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

ntc2000

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (yeongcl @ Jun 16 2012, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

where are u from bro?
if u are from kl, drop by exora bold TT at awan besar R&R 16/6 8:30pm...

yeongcl

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

yeongcl

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Jun 16 2012, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where are u from bro?

Just saw this post today. I am from Klang btw.
Proton? Can or not?

mandrew

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

mandrew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Jun 16 2012, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
where are u from bro?

I'm new to this forum.
Would like to get advise regarding a problem I'm facing
I noticed that the rpm for my Exora CFE always stays around 3000 (abt 3250) when I accelarate (even in Parking mode).
I tried both in 'D' mode as well as 'S' (SAT) mode and it's still the same.
I thought it should increase as we accelarate...
So not sure whether it is a problem and should bring it to SC for checking....
My car has done only 2500km and so far I didn't try out the throttle so not sure whether it existed all the way...

Pls advise.

Gunnerzz

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (mandrew @ Aug 12 2012, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm new to this forum.
I noticed that the rpm for my Exora CFE always stays around 3000 (abt 3250) when I accelarate (even in Parking mode).
My car has done only 2500km and so far I didn't try out the throttle so not sure whether it existed all the way...

Pls advise.

If not mistaken its a safety feature for the cvt gb.
Is not as tough as a conventional auto box.

While driving cvt gb tend to stay at optimum rev hence u saidnit seems to be stuck at 3k rpm.
Unlike conventional auto box which will rev to the redline when u floor it.
Its just normal cvt behaviour which is why driver mention cvt experience is disengaging.

ntc2000

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (mandrew @ Aug 12 2012, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm new to this forum.

Pls advise.

it is common for CVT. In P, u only able to rev till 3k. If in D or S mode, u can rev up to 5700rpm.

Tmax = 220 Nm @ 2500 rpm
Pmax = 122 kW @ 5700 rpm
Nengine = 800 rpm – 6000 rpm

No worry bout that...

minyak

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:26 AM

minyak

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
hi there

plan to change my old tyre for exora 1.6A CPS.. any advice?

Thanks in advance.