Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ckd Jetta

• Please log in to reply

Kevin

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (jktlee @ Oct 19 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me share with how it works. Even not a single car is sold let say it wont be a problem as it will be shipped to neighbor country. Compare the prices of vw at Singapore. During the auto Dunia in 2004 there more than 10 units vw when they lost the franchise and they just need to ship the car to Singapore and it was all cleared.

On the other hand, info for everyone since my brother in law just came back for a visit last month from Germany. Vw Announce their sales is recovering but is the Asia sales that growing and not Europe. The reason is vw brand is so common in euro countries but new in Asia. Look at the recent bukit jail expo auto show when the queue was damn long to get in !!,

That is why a lot of Germany manfacturer has been waiting for this news and now it has come. The next 12 months will see a strings of new Germany suppliers coming into Malaysia. Since market over in euro has already matured.

My message to everyone is that vw is looking at asia for market growth for he next 5 years at least. Vw needs us to grow here in
asia market has been largely dominate by japanese make for the last 20 years. Now is a wind of change. In addition they don't have to worry about euro 5 fuel specs because we are not there ! All the green house and emission control and etc....

My message to vw malaysia also don't get too cocky! Sales is good but without good customer service it does not last.

Jktlee

Well, if only everyone was as hard-core as yourself then VW Malaysia won't have to worry about anything smile_approve.gif

jktlee

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

jktlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Oct 19 2011, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if only everyone was as hard-core as yourself then VW Malaysia won't have to worry about anything smile_approve.gif

Hi kevin

Long time no hear.is the same Kevin I know of? How are you man? By the way I move also near your place

tchow

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

tchow

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
[quote name='NorthWest' date='Oct 16 2011, 01:57 PM' post='1764348']
Not really, SG Jetta also from Mexico.

http://www.sgcarmart...?MOD=Volkswagen

Further confirmation from wikipedia :

http://en.wikipedia....olkswagen_Jetta

"Production of the vehicle is at Volkswagen's Puebla, Mexico, facility.The sixth generation Volkswagen Jetta was primarily designed by Volkswagen Mexico under the supervision of Volkswagen Germany and 70% of the parts are designed and manufactured in Mexico"

From the same article, it seems to suggest that Mexico and India are the only assembly sites for jetta.....

It is clear then, what we are getting is a mainly Mexico design VW and undoubtly made in Mexico ! perhaps the only German gene of the car is its TSi engine and DSG transmission. Hopefully its TSi and DSG are made in Germany and not locally made. Cause high performance part like this really matter where does it made.

So, do you think this worth the 145k-150k price tag ? not me. Enjoy your new "German" ride then smile_clown.gif
[/quote)

You're right -read article again . Built in mexico- but for export to europe they spec better engines , gearbox and suspension and also better quality plastics so better quality generally. The reason given was that they cannot build to that quality and price point for the US market (price there much lower to be competitive with rivals)

twincharge

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:04 AM

twincharge

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
No jetta for me liao... Better get a golf instead...

bernard79

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:06 AM

bernard79

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
The price at 150k for Jetta is just the market strategy from VW. What do you expect the price for CKD model if the CBU only tagged at 138k? Stop speculating stories about Government or complaints from other car makers, it is merely VW marketing approach..

quicksave

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

quicksave

Fast & Furious

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
While many of us arguing the fact the the current Jetta price are high, notice at Paultan's blog, views are different. Many felt that it's fair price. Doesn't matter it's a Golf or Jetta, what matter most is the car that meets your needs.

QUICK-SAVE AUTO BOUTIQUE
NO.2, USJ7/3A, SUBANG JAYA,
47610 SEL
TEL: 03 56360917 , 012 2020817
BUSINESS HOUR
8.30AM - 6.30PM MONDAY TO SATURDAY

Facebook link: Quicksave

kenso

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:17 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (quicksave @ Oct 20 2011, 06:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While many of us arguing the fact the the current Jetta price are high, notice at Paultan's blog, views are different. Many felt that it's fair price. Doesn't matter it's a Golf or Jetta, what matter most is the car that meets your needs.

Well said, bro. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

Funny, I just read Paultan and there are as many who complained it's expensive as those who praised it's a fair price. Those who complain it being expensive are those who felt CKD will be cheaper whereas those who say the price is good are those who feel the 4 extra airbags (over Altis and Civic) + German engineering (funny no one mentions it being a made and assembled in Mexico for the Jetta) is worth just about any price.

If one doesn't mind the 1.8T engine, I say the Passat is a good buy considering first batch is CBU from Germany. While I have no statistics to refer to, I "think" our country is the only one where the price disparity between Jetta, Golf and Passat is completely out of whack with the Jetta being sold at one of the highest prices ever (relative to the other 2 models)

Btw, does anyone know what's the Jetta OTR price with insurance?

DC18

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
Car 149 888
Registration 300
Ownership 50
Handling Fees 200
Number Plate 150
Roadtax 70
Insurance at 135K est 4000
RM154,658.88

My guess based on their current pricing. Pricewise, I am not gonna comment as it is personal preferance.

My interest is more to the CKD program and how it gonna affect the RV of the CBU.

VGM must clarify on this and not let the CBU owner (the enthusiast) be short change.

lowpro

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:37 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Oct 20 2011, 09:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Car 149 888
Registration 300
Ownership 50
Handling Fees 200
Number Plate 150
Roadtax 70
Insurance at 135K est 4000
RM154,658.88

My guess based on their current pricing. Pricewise, I am not gonna comment as it is personal preferance.

My interest is more to the CKD program and how it gonna affect the RV of the CBU.

VGM must clarify on this and not let the CBU owner (the enthusiast) be short change.

DC18,

one simple way to mitigate losses to the cbu buyer is to maintain the same price but increase the specifications for the ckd. the spec increase must be seen as worth it for the buyer. to the used car dealer or bank, they are not really bothered about spec so much (they will take in at almost same value for both low and high spec but sell at different prices). their main concern is how much is the cheapest version and there is where they will base their used value assessment.
Let's talk about driving again!

DC18

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Oct 20 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DC18,

one simple way to mitigate losses to the cbu buyer is to maintain the same price but increase the specifications for the ckd. the spec increase must be seen as worth it for the buyer. to the used car dealer or bank, they are not really bothered about spec so much (they will take in at almost same value for both low and high spec but sell at different prices). their main concern is how much is the cheapest version and there is where they will base their used value assessment.

Lowpro,

That is what I heard too. Maybe maintain price with exterior upgrade such as rims and kit maybe.