Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Chevrolet Cruze

• Please log in to reply

tfazuin

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:28 PM

tfazuin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
It's very quiet still. Am guessing they have curtailed the advert budget for the car or could not finalise the tax and selling price till today.
The following are my current and my future rides:
2012: VW Sicrocco 2.0T (its a moving target...)
2010: Proton Saga SE 1.3
2009: Suzuki Swift 1.5
2005: Chevrolet Optra 1.8Lt

kawkawchan

Posted 18 July 2009 - 01:14 AM

kawkawchan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
QUOTE (tfazuin @ Jul 17 2009, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's very quiet still. Am guessing they have curtailed the advert budget for the car or could not finalise the tax and selling price till today.

One major issue is that Chevrolet Pacific wanna to get rid of the useless Drbhicom ......
I'm kaw kaw chan mo pong chan

tfazuin

Posted 18 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

tfazuin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
Well is the timber robber wants to run the show, it'll be 10x worse than it was under DRB. Should compare annual sales between DRB and Cergazam.
The following are my current and my future rides:
2012: VW Sicrocco 2.0T (its a moving target...)
2010: Proton Saga SE 1.3
2009: Suzuki Swift 1.5
2005: Chevrolet Optra 1.8Lt

ring

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (tfazuin @ Jul 18 2009, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well is the timber robber wants to run the show, it'll be 10x worse than it was under DRB. Should compare annual sales between DRB and Cergazam.

I have the chance to experience Free Service period given by Hicom DRB vs Hicom-Chevrolet. The initial one was better in terms of repair / warranty claim procedure. Under the new management, what i can see is be prepared for Leech type blood sucking attitude though they proclaim publicly to offer value for money proposition.

If Cruze is to have any positive position in this market, Hicom should get lost because their present are not given any add value to customer.

If you have views which differ than mine, please feel free to discuss smile_cool.gif
Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

DC18

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:48 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Jul 20 2009, 05:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the chance to experience Free Service period given by Hicom DRB vs Hicom-Chevrolet. The initial one was better in terms of repair / warranty claim procedure. Under the new management, what i can see is be prepared for Leech type blood sucking attitude though they proclaim publicly to offer value for money proposition.

If Cruze is to have any positive position in this market, Hicom should get lost because their present are not given any add value to customer.

If you have views which differ than mine, please feel free to discuss smile_cool.gif

Hicom DRB and Hicom is the same managment. Based on ur experience, it shud be chevy to get lost smile_tongue.gif

ring

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:45 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jul 21 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hicom DRB and Hicom is the same managment. Based on ur experience, it shud be chevy to get lost smile_tongue.gif

So, can u tell what contribution can Hicom or DRB do to the brand?

Now the present Hicom Chevrolet is the inactive/sleeping partner. But back then, Hicomobil was in full authority & active partner had also screwed up the brand by giving huge discount very much hurt the feeling of those owners who bought it before Yr 2007.

To me, it is like given bananas to squirel than to monkey. They simply do not know how to take make full use of the chance.

Ring

DC18

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:04 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (ring @ Jul 21 2009, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, can u tell what contribution can Hicom or DRB do to the brand?

Now the present Hicom Chevrolet is the inactive/sleeping partner. But back then, Hicomobil was in full authority & active partner had also screwed up the brand by giving huge discount very much hurt the feeling of those owners who bought it before Yr 2007.

To me, it is like given bananas to squirel than to monkey. They simply do not know how to take make full use of the chance.

based on ur thread u were saying the initial setup was better which is hicom DRB while hicom chevy was worst off. right?

so i just pointed out that if chevy is there and is worst off ............. then not good for current user?

i agree on giving huge discount is not a good marketing strategies but also consider the year make which was 05 when they sell in 07.

so which year did u boutgh ur chevy?

ring

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jul 22 2009, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
based on ur thread u were saying the initial setup was better which is hicom DRB while hicom chevy was worst off. right?

so i just pointed out that if chevy is there and is worst off ............. then not good for current user?

i agree on giving huge discount is not a good marketing strategies but also consider the year make which was 05 when they sell in 07.

so which year did u boutgh ur chevy?

Depend on how u look at it. If u look how their management then it is worst off. If you look at every detail of the car then it is rated as "above average" against any 1.8ltr category & is better off.

My make is Yr06. Registered in May07.

I think it is fair to say my car is new. Many Toyota Estima or Wish on the road are also registered 1 year after manufacturing. Some as old as Yr05 or o6 yet to be registered. But these cars do not have a direct factory warranty like the Chevrolet sold during discount period. You will also realized that many so called new Camry/Altis manufactured and sold in the following year particularly those nearing the end of the year stock. These models are often registered in month of January. So it is common to every new buyers. Those who bought Chevrolet at Yr05 manufacturing was only sold at the price of RM58K++. I mean, where else can you get this discount on CBU car? Back then, a Vios (with no leather seat) & City (also with no leather seat) and only 1.5ltr engine was selling at RM83K to RM85K seemed to be a very bad deal.

Those who chose Chevrolet have already accepted the fact that they could source services elsewhere than depending on authorised service centres.
Ring

wisconsin9

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

wisconsin9

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 662 posts
So is the Cruze ever gonna be launched on Malaysian soil ?
Introduce a little anarchy.

TheGunner

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (wisconsin9 @ Jul 28 2009, 12:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So is the Cruze ever gonna be launched on Malaysian soil ?

We are wondering too. A few writers I spoke to recently also remarked that after making a lot of hoo-haa about the Cruze coming this month, Chevy has gone noticeably quiet. We're keeping a lookout.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner