Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Aveo/sonic, Orlando & Trailblazer Launching Soon

• Please log in to reply

alphawolf

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:28 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
Hello all

Read from Paul Tan's blog that the new Aveo/Sonic (preferred to still call it an Aveo), Orlando and Trailblazer is launching next month.

Just wondering, would the current Chevy owners be interested in buying another Chevy? Or whether current owners of other makes are willing to switch to Chevy. I am driving a Chevy too, and if my budget allows, I don't mind getting the new Aveo/Sonic. But I don't like how Naza's treating their customers currently... smile_disapprove.gif

br1

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Oct 23 2012, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all

Read from Paul Tan's blog that the new Aveo/Sonic (preferred to still call it an Aveo), Orlando and Trailblazer is launching next month.

Just wondering, would the current Chevy owners be interested in buying another Chevy? Or whether current owners of other makes are willing to switch to Chevy. I am driving a Chevy too, and if my budget allows, I don't mind getting the new Aveo/Sonic. But I don't like how Naza's treating their customers currently... smile_disapprove.gif

They are good "Seller", "good "Treater" - I only study up to std 3 - dont know got such word or not? heheheheh!

alphawolf

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Oct 23 2012, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are good "Seller", "good "Treater" - I only study up to std 3 - dont know got such word or not? heheheheh!

Hopefully, they will not be very good sellers but very bad servicers.

Last time i waited months for a Chevy part. Couldn't wait for the warranty to expire le.

If service has improved, would love to get hold of a new Aveo/Sonic. Any current newer Chevy owners who could advise on their standard of service?

lilbe3tle

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

lilbe3tle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
I will give a serious thought on Trailblazer.

Recently I tested colorado...I was impressed

jayraptor

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:06 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
Chevy Sonic and Orlando at COTY. Rio was there too, all 3 were locked and we are not allowed to get in. Why bother to put them there if they are not letting us in? As told by the salespeople, all 3 will be launched next year. Sonic 1.4 at RM80K while Orlando 1.8 at RM140k. Sonic 1.4 should be priced cheaper at RM70k as RM80k is for 1.6L B-segment category. If this is the price, it won't do well as public will not pay RM80k for 1.4 unless it is turbocharged.

Orlando weighs at 1560kg powered by 1.8L? The engine is best in class but still, at that kerb weight should be powered by minimum 2.0L petrol but best is 2.0 diesel. If fitted with 2.0D, at least it could share engine part with Captiva 2.0D. What were they thinking?

The COTY organisers seems to have serious problem in picking event date. Event held on Raining season again, get wet and get stuck. Lousy event totally worst. If it wasn't the models, I doubt many would want to go. Test drive 1 round stuck in traffic, long queue and it feels stress.

jolokia

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 13 2012, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chevy Sonic and Orlando at COTY. Rio was there too, all 3 were locked and we are not allowed to get in. Why bother to put them there if they are not letting us in? As told by the salespeople, all 3 will be launched next year. Sonic 1.4 at RM80K while Orlando 1.8 at RM140k. Sonic 1.4 should be priced cheaper at RM70k as RM80k is for 1.6L B-segment category. If this is the price, it won't do well as public will not pay RM80k for 1.4 unless it is turbocharged.

Orlando weighs at 1560kg powered by 1.8L? The engine is best in class but still, at that kerb weight should be powered by minimum 2.0L petrol but best is 2.0 diesel. If fitted with 2.0D, at least it could share engine part with Captiva 2.0D. What were they thinking?

The COTY organisers seems to have serious problem in picking event date. Event held on Raining season again, get wet and get stuck. Lousy event totally worst. If it wasn't the models, I doubt many would want to go. Test drive 1 round stuck in traffic, long queue and it feels stress.

I doulb Chevy Sonic would be well received even if it price any lower, the designer must have "possessed" by Sonic game , the front light look like those of P1 wira eagle eye from bros shop in fact uglier, what with those motorcycle meter ? if i want a motorcycle meter i'll get myself a motorcycle, maybe inspired from thailand tuk2 happy.gif

As for Rio seem like they are bringing in 1.4 engine as well, perhaps there try to avoid competing with Forte EX Kosong which is a 1.6, base on the specs of 108hp @ 6300rpm & 101 lb·ft @ 5000rpm the 1.4 Gamma engine, don't expect a good low end power unless one floor the acceralator every time they need pick up from stand still. (Base on Jayraptor style of imaginative test drive offcoz) smile_tongue.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

alphawolf

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 14 2012, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif
I doulb Chevy Sonic would be well received even if it price any lower, the designer must have "possessed" by Sonic game , the front light look like those of P1 wira eagle eye from bros shop in fact uglier, what with those motorcycle meter ? if i want a motorcycle meter i'll get myself a motorcycle, maybe inspired from thailand tuk2 happy.gif

As for Rio seem like they are bringing in 1.4 engine as well, perhaps there try to avoid competing with Forte EX Kosong which is a 1.6, base on the specs of 108hp @ 6300rpm & 101 lb·ft @ 5000rpm the 1.4 Gamma engine, don't expect a good low end power unless one floor the acceralator every time they need pick up from stand still. (Base on Jayraptor style of imaginative test drive offcoz) smile_tongue.gif

the new Sonic looks great. Together with the Cruze (with bodykit), Spark, Captiva and Trax, I find that the latest Chevys looks really nice. Looks are subjective anyway.

I don't mind getting a new Chevy, but the problem is that it's under Naza, which has really bad customer service. I am driving 2 cars sold by them (A new Pug and an old Chevy), and I can confirm that their service is really bad.

br1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:48 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Nov 14 2012, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the new Sonic looks great. Together with the Cruze (with bodykit), Spark, Captiva and Trax, I find that the latest Chevys looks really nice. Looks are subjective anyway.

I don't mind getting a new Chevy, but the problem is that it's under Naza, which has really bad customer service. I am driving 2 cars sold by them (A new Pug and an old Chevy), and I can confirm that their service is really bad.

Same same like me stuck with 2 units of their Captiva - Really Shit service and no parts problems from them, Cars are good!

alphawolf

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Nov 14 2012, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same same like me stuck with 2 units of their Captiva - Really Shit service and no parts problems from them, Cars are good!

Lol. 2 Captivas smile_thumbup.gif

Chevys are definitely very very underrated cars, with no image smile_blackeye.gif. There are still a lot of older Chevys like mine running around, which shows that Chevys are decently tough. A lot of people like me kept them instead of selling them because their second-hand values are hopeless smile_tongue.gif

I asked around on why Chevys has such low resale value, and the most i heard it's that the parts are expensive and it's hard to maintain. Some said that most people had forgotten about the existence of Chevys. The first part i partly agreed (due to the crazy prices Naza charged), but the second part i disagreed. If it's hard to maintain, most would be in the junkyard by now.

Your Captivas are still under warranty? I remembered the day my Aveo ran out of warranty...i was happy smile_blush.gif

br1

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Nov 15 2012, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol. 2 Captivas smile_thumbup.gif

Chevys are definitely very very underrated cars, with no image smile_blackeye.gif. There are still a lot of older Chevys like mine running around, which shows that Chevys are decently tough. A lot of people like me kept them instead of selling them because their second-hand values are hopeless smile_tongue.gif

I asked around on why Chevys has such low resale value, and the most i heard it's that the parts are expensive and it's hard to maintain. Some said that most people had forgotten about the existence of Chevys. The first part i partly agreed (due to the crazy prices Naza charged), but the second part i disagreed. If it's hard to maintain, most would be in the junkyard by now.

Your Captivas are still under warranty? I remembered the day my Aveo ran out of warranty...i was happy smile_blush.gif

Ya!! 3 yrs warranty - out - 1st unit done +200k kms, 2nd unit running out soon on the extended 2 yrs warranty or 175k kms, Ya, happy to be out of warranty! and no need to go to them for service anymore!!! 2nd price is still good and OK for this make!!! - it a real good workhorse oil burner low FC and fast car really, only they kill it themselves!!! with bad service and unavailable parts (when it is under warranty - but after warranty no problem - plenty of it and/or OEM parts are very cheap if you know the jalans!!!),