Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Shampoo Review

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:14 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 26 2009, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. spidey,

Thanks for the feedback.
I guess I got the same result when I increased the shampoo strength. Felt that squeaky touch rather than the sleek touch as the stronger concentration could have affected the LSP.

I guess you could try 1oz : 1.5 gal (1:192), that is what testing is about...... smile_thumbup.gif

This morning reduce the concentration in case it has affected the LSP.

Layered with some other products, will post in Wax and sealant thread...... smile_thumbup.gif

whoopee

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:39 PM

whoopee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Jun 26 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dun say like tht lah bro.. I really value those samples and keep it and use it properly.

Smaller size then ppl can afford and try mah. Not everyone will buy gallon. My sample bottle's are 16oz and I used bout 40-50 ml for 5 to 5.5 lit bucket for my normal wash. which can used for bout 11 wash = almost 3 months.

Aiyah....i was just pulling their legs lar...learning from you. laugh.gif
Maybe their products are targeted more for mass consumer market, that's why bigger industrial packing is not in sight yet. rolleyes.gif
Choosing the right donut for safety & confidence; Modifying car for performance; Mastering auto-detailing is an art & passion...and indulging in all is a xiao way of life!

vr2turbo

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:51 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (whoopee @ Jun 29 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aiyah....i was just pulling their legs lar...learning from you. laugh.gif
Maybe their products are targeted more for mass consumer market, that's why bigger industrial packing is not in sight yet. rolleyes.gif

Maybe Car wash is not for Professional Detailers, only for the Banglas....ha! ha! smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

spirit36

Posted 30 June 2009 - 12:25 AM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 29 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe Car wash is not for Professional Detailers, only for the Banglas....ha! ha! smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

open TT invitation to Banglas....better hurry cos HR Minister is putting a stop [temporary] for foreign workers.

vr2turbo

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:05 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ Jun 30 2009, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
open TT invitation to Banglas....better hurry cos HR Minister is putting a stop [temporary] for foreign workers.

smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

jackson

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:18 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
QUOTE (fishbonez @ Jun 12 2009, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I then waxed the rest of the car with Optimum Car Wax.

[/img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rohteeplunta/opt%20shampoo%20review/15.jpg[/img]

[/img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/rohteeplunta/opt%20shampoo%20review/16.jpg[/img]

Yeah I know, the orange peel… :'(

In conclusion, if you can afford it, go for it!
Pros: great lubricity, strong suds, good cleaning power.
Cons: can’t be sourced locally(yet?)

fishbonez,

when you mention "I then waxed the rest of the car with Optimum Car Wax." above, do you mean the one that comes as a sprayer?
It's easy when you know how...

jackson

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:40 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
There is Optimum Car Wash and also Optimum No Rinse Car Wash (ONR). Has anyone tried the ONR?

Like fishboner, i too am using OSREN Bubble wash. Before that I was using TurtleWax ICE car wash for about 3 years. Time for a change. I was thinking of getting Meguiars Gold Class car wash. but now thinking of other options as well and Optimum seems to be an up and coming 'trend'.

I know with Meguiars Gold Class I shouldn't go wrong what with its long history of products since 1901. but then.. wacko.gif didnt realise detailing can be hard to make decisions especially when you have limited resources.....
It's easy when you know how...

KrisMas

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:35 AM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Jul 11 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fishbonez,

when you mention "I then waxed the rest of the car with Optimum Car Wax." above, do you mean the one that comes as a sprayer?

Yes. He's using the same one you're using.

QUOTE (jackson @ Jul 11 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is Optimum Car Wash and also Optimum No Rinse Car Wash (ONR). Has anyone tried the ONR?

Like fishboner, i too am using OSREN Bubble wash. Before that I was using TurtleWax ICE car wash for about 3 years. Time for a change. I was thinking of getting Meguiars Gold Class car wash. but now thinking of other options as well and Optimum seems to be an up and coming 'trend'.

I know with Meguiars Gold Class I shouldn't go wrong what with its long history of products since 1901. but then.. wacko.gif didnt realise detailing can be hard to make decisions especially when you have limited resources.....

I found ONR would be quite good to use in-between a full wash. Maybe it's just me but I just can't seem to get it to work as good as a proper wash, or maybe it's just not meant for the weather and environment here. I can let you have some the next time we meet.

Regards.

SPiD3RMaN

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:36 PM

SPiD3RMaN

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Jul 12 2009, 12:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I found ONR would be quite good to use in-between a full wash. Maybe it's just me but I just can't seem to get it to work as good as a proper wash, or maybe it's just not meant for the weather and environment here. I can let you have some the next time we meet.
Regards.

Krismas.
For ONR to really work, you'll need to throw everything you know about car wash out of the window and start from ZERO.

My advice for ONR wash.
1. 2 bucket method (very very important)
2. Get a grub (or a big pore sponge instead of using lambswool/microfiber washmitt)
3. Get a good drying towel.

You approach an ONR wash on the car differently then a conventional car wash. For ONR wash, you wash and dry panel by panel. For very dirty panels, i would recommend to wash it twice before drying. Correct usage of ONR wash would mean that your drying towel is still clean. Also, ONR could be diluted and sprayed to any panels for soaking purposes to loosen any contaminants on the paint work. This would help to reduce any chance of marring that is inflicted on the paint by a dirty wash product.

KrisMas

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
The ONR just couldn't remove all the oily road film that's accumulated throughout one week of driving (over this part of the world angry.gif angry.gif . The last time I tried was using two buckets, one with the ONR solution and the other is the rinse bucket with a tad of ONR. Two wash medium, one is the 'dreadlocks' type of mf mitt for first pass and the 2nd pass with a plush mf (530 cobra), then dry with the WW and last buff with another plush mf (530 again). *Some* oily film still there and if I QD my mf would come out a bit dirty....so...no go to replace a proper wash...but for an in-between I'd say it would be safer than using QD alone.

Regards.