Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

About Registered Plate Number

• Please log in to reply

evarts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

evarts

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
my new topic is buying plate number outside the state.

i will plan to buy a new car, but not having it registered with selangor format number. will the branch/auto dealer assist to do that? and how hard can it be? blink.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (evarts @ Dec 26 2011, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i will plan to buy a new car, but not having it registered with selangor format number. will the branch/auto dealer assist to do that? and how hard can it be? blink.gif

Get the sales person to do for you.
They should know what to do.

simoniz

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 27 2011, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get the sales person to do for you.
They should know what to do.

If you ask the Salesman to do it, he will ask his runner to do it, hence there is a Fee...

If you can get your friends to do it for you in that particular state, it is very easy, just to go JPJ of that state and book a number. ( I think you need to certify true copy of your mykad and probably an authorization letter to your friend).

For the current running number is free, just pay RM10 for registration. For current numbers listed on the board or Monitor Screen, RM200 + RM10 for registration.. other special numbers to need to tender for it..

Hope this helps

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
You buying new car from him mah! Ask him to pao kah liao, of course not special number loh........ smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

KL3223

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:13 AM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (evarts @ Dec 26 2011, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

evarts: not difficult at all, if selangor/wilayah plate, the dealer should be able to assist without additional fee. however if say you are getting the plate from penang, then the dealer may charge you extra as he/she needs to get his/her contact from penang to assist you. registration needs to be done at the state which issue the plate, i.e. if penang plate, must go jpj penang.

if you are taking current "running number" series, price is $200+10. e.g. currently XYZ 1234, and you take XYZ 1991 or any number on the TV screen/notice board.
if you are taking current "running alphabet" series, price is $350+10. e.g. currently XYZ 1234, and you take XYZ 9999 or numbers within XYZ series which is not yet display on the TV screen/notice board.

alternatively you can tender for a number. this may involve you/your contact going to jpj 2x, first to tender and second to pay up the balance (if successful) + registration at the same time.

even if after registering the current number, and say 1 year down the road you like a new number, can always do interchange, i.e. from XYZ 1234 to EFG 9876. The rule for interchange: New number (from any state) can go to any car (new & old). Old or existing number (i.e. those registered before) can only go to a new car.

hope the above helps.

vr2turbo

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:34 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
What do you mean after registering and after 1 year can change?
My friend registered from Wilayah a number, but car was not ready so he had to extend month by month for 2 months until his car was ready.

ntc2000

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:40 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 29 2011, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean after registering and after 1 year can change?
My friend registered from Wilayah a number, but car was not ready so he had to extend month by month for 2 months until his car was ready.

yes... normally ask SA to kao tim all mah...

All my family car number is paid by SA... but is not hot number lar, just rm210 - rm350 number... paid by SA.

vr2turbo

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 29 2011, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes... normally ask SA to kao tim all mah...

All my family car number is paid by SA... but is not hot number lar, just rm210 - rm350 number... paid by SA.

And billed to you mah...... smile_tongue.gif

tpl

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
ya lo my sis bought a car in kl n use ipoh plate... dealer kautim ma
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Jan 2 2012, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya lo my sis bought a car in kl n use ipoh plate... dealer kautim ma

Not special number then sure can do one. Special numbers, then got to bid for it....

Your TPL plate, taken up?